Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seems They Can Shoot Purdy Good In Nevada Too...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muthashabubu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclespanky wrote:
I was assured by Ken when I sold him the Bus that it would continue to be shown at, ummm shows. I've yet to see it ANY shows and have gotten a couple reports that it is now either in Montery or Fresno getting " Restored " might want to ad some coilovers to support the bondo. Rolling Eyes

I figured it was a matter of time until the wrong person got a hold of it and could not see past the $$$ signs in their eyes. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make that bus "factory fresh" has got to cost more than the bus is worth. The so-called "restorers" must be cutting corners big time. 1 ton bus becomes 1 ton of bondo bus? Now how are you going to give the mother-in-law a ride without scraping pavement?
unclespanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many good memories in this bus, If there's one bus I'd love to have back it would be the Bullet bus. She helped me fend off a drunk, shit talking steroid rage tourist at the beach once.......... Long story but there's a reason why I always carried a box of bandaids on the parcel tray. Laughing she's sharp.
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclespanky wrote:
have gotten a couple reports that it is now either in Montery or Fresno getting " Restored "

If true, that's the most disappointing thing I've read today. Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elliottjohnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///Mink wrote:
unclespanky wrote:
have gotten a couple reports that it is now either in Montery or Fresno getting " Restored "

If true, that's the most disappointing thing I've read today. Evil or Very Mad

Word! I saw this bus at Kelly Park a couple of years back and it was awesome. I'm in Fresno at the moment and will reach out to the local bus community to see if we can find any more info.
vw7266
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you sell it and someone else buys it..they can do what they wish with it...its theirs now not yours.
dubstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's not the point...

http://instagram.com/john_aka_dubstar/
http://web.stagram.com/n/john_aka_dubstar/

"you could transport really tall things too, like a giraffe"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tacochris
OG Paint Archeologist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dubstar wrote:
that's not the point...

X2
its NOT the point of this whole thing. No one is saying the new owner CANT do what he wants with it, we're saying, hoping, I guess wishing he wouldnt or hasnt already. When someone calls you and tells you a loved one has passed, whats the phrase 9 out 10 people say "NO" or "No way"...are we saying no this couldnt have happened or no it didnt happen, we're saying all of this out of dissapointment that something as cool and as wild as the bullet bus and its visible story may have been killed. If this has indeed happened, then it will be just another sea blue 21 window and Im sure more than a few people (including me) will be let down.
Such is the problem with selling notable buses with awesome back-stories.

"Nothing will ever be as nice as original paint, no matter how much is or isnt left"

"Those that confuse hoodride with the OG paint movement definitely have their wires crossed. Its all about preservation, pulling out its true potential while hoodride is about purposely making something look like a piece of shit." -SKIM
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vw7266 wrote:
After you sell it and someone else buys it..they can do what they wish with it...its theirs now not yours.

Just because they can, doesn't mean they should. In this case, it appears that it's all about the Benjamins, not the love of the bus.
2Pack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know guys. A bullet bus is a novelty. It was cool as hell when it first was done and I'm sure it was a fun project to be involved in. But, here we are six years later. Someone has to garage it and maintain it and insure it etc. But everything in it gets wet when it rains (assuming). Maybe it's time for someone to take it to the next level. 21s are desirable.

(Please don't flame me.)
roberto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only back story is Brians, and it ended much like a handful of his drive outs. He sells it. ( no offense to Brian, I have enjoyed his adventures)

But some shit-bucket-scrap heap that was made drive-able And initially up for sale for $10k, back when good project 21's were in that ball park. Please.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Actually, that is the point, If ya'll cared so much maybe you should coughed up the money to have your part in the bullet riddled scrap heap, Just to ad to the mostly non-existant back story. If its so damn cool, go shoot your own buses up and enjoy telling people about it.

I can't wait to see it tubbed on 18's, painted candy purple and orange, with a camper interior. Twisted Evil
tacochris
OG Paint Archeologist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for completely missing the point of what i said........
Once again, NO ONE is saying he cant do what he wants with HIS bus, just saying its a bummer to see something as interesting as the bullet bus in all its novel glory, get turned into just another shiny bus.

"Nothing will ever be as nice as original paint, no matter how much is or isnt left"

"Those that confuse hoodride with the OG paint movement definitely have their wires crossed. Its all about preservation, pulling out its true potential while hoodride is about purposely making something look like a piece of shit." -SKIM
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberto wrote:
The only back story is Brians, and it ended much like a handful of his drive outs. He sells it. ( no offense to Brian, I have enjoyed his adventures)

But some shit-bucket-scrap heap that was made drive-able And initially up for sale for $10k, back when good project 21's were in that ball park. Please.

Actually, that is the point, If ya'll cared so much maybe you should coughed up the money to have your part in the bullet riddled scrap heap, Just to ad to the mostly non-existant back story. If its so damn cool, go shoot your own buses up and enjoy telling people about it.

I can't wait to see it tubbed on 18's, painted candy purple and orange, with a camper interior. Twisted Evil

Oh wow! You sure told us. Damn. I'm so embarrassed now. Eating crow, right here in my place that you put me. Embarassed

Nah. Just kiddin'. Wink

It's called a "point". As tacochris said, you completely missed it. Rolling Eyes
dubstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

droppin some serious ya'll on the crowd...BOOM Razz

http://instagram.com/john_aka_dubstar/
http://web.stagram.com/n/john_aka_dubstar/

"you could transport really tall things too, like a giraffe"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
roberto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, I really didn't miss anything. i haven't missed anything about this thread. never really thought any part of it was cool.

really the point that is most apparent is that there always has to be some whiners. coming from a bunch of guys who say its all about 'getting them back on the road' blah, blah,blah...

at least its not getting cut up, thats what i would have done with it. but then again its always been priced well above that possibility.
tacochris
OG Paint Archeologist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberto wrote:
never really thought any part of it was cool

This is exactly why we will never agree on this.....so there really is no point in debating further.
Good luck to who ever has it now.....
OUT! Arrow

///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberto wrote:
no, I really didn't miss anything. i haven't missed anything about this thread. never really thought any part of it was cool.

really the point that is most apparent is that there always has to be some whiners. coming from a bunch of guys who say its all about 'getting them back on the road' blah, blah,blah...

at least its not getting cut up, thats what i would have done with it. but then again its always been priced well above that possibility.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
unclespanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberto wrote:

" $10k " ?? Trollberto, I'd be interested in where you pulled this number from. yes, this is a rhetorical question.
Muthashabubu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberto wrote:

That begs the question then as to why you are even reading this thread.
Trolling?

My problem lies with assholes who promise one thing to people in a community and do a whole other thing just for the sake of money.
I have said it before and maybe I am naive, but I value relationships much more than the "almighty dollar".
Maybe that is how they roll in CA, I don't know. I know it's expensive to live there, but there are so many better, cheaper places in the US (and the world) than SoCal.
roberto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trolling. Laughing no, curious as to what the thread was and quickly remembered. Curious what happened to it.

$10k was what it was listed at. What you paid for it, no idea: I don't feel is relevant.

I Agree with you on the ' I promise' part, but I don't see where there is room to make much money if it is built right. That's a lot of work, thats alot of money, wish them all the luck.

Also, its still someone else's to do what they please.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: