Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seems They Can Shoot Purdy Good In Nevada Too...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Pack wrote:
I don't know guys. A bullet bus is a novelty. It was cool as hell when it first was done and I'm sure it was a fun project to be involved in. But, here we are six years later. Someone has to garage it and maintain it and insure it etc. But everything in it gets wet when it rains (assuming). Maybe it's time for someone to take it to the next level. 21s are desirable.

(Please don't flame me.)

21's are boring. Bunch of lowered crap on cheesy wheels. The bullet bus was unique. It makes me and baby Jesus cry that someone would destroy that just to join the herd. Idiots.
Muthashabubu Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberto wrote:
Trolling. Laughing no, curious as to what the thread was and quickly remembered. Curious what happened to it.

$10k was what it was listed at. What you paid for it, no idea: I don't feel is relevant.

I Agree with you on the ' I promise' part, but I don't see where there is room to make much money if it is built right. That's a lot of work, thats alot of money, wish them all the luck.

Also, its still someone else's to do what they please.

Yeah, I also see your point about how much money could be made on it.
I have not restored a bus before so I can't speak to actual, real world costs like that.
But you did say "if it was built right" which we all know is not necessary for the Barrett-Jackson crowd.

Now, I will step down off of my soap box. Carry on, nothing to see here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RPGreg2600
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe cool wrote:
RPGreg2600 wrote:
Shocked Crying or Very sad

I suck at smiley, what does that mean?
Greg have you seen the bullet bus? It is pretty cool and makes one hell of a statement.

Shock and sadness that it's getting restored Wink
SurfCityRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclespanky wrote:
I was assured by Ken when I sold him the Bus that it would continue to be shown at, ummm shows. I've yet to see it ANY shows and have gotten a couple reports that it is now either in Montery or Fresno getting " Restored " might want to ad some coilovers to support the bondo. Rolling Eyes

We're just speculating on what the current owner is doing with it, and until someone comes up with pics or real info, it's just that, speculation.

Not to sound like a dick, but it should have been kept in the family. Plenty of people would have ponied up to be a steward of the Bullet Bus.
tacochris
OG Paint Archeologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not to sound like a dick, but it should have been kept in the family. Plenty of people would have ponied up to be a steward of the Bullet Bus.

X2

"Nothing will ever be as nice as original paint, no matter how much is or isnt left"

"Those that confuse hoodride with the OG paint movement definitely have their wires crossed. Its all about preservation, pulling out its true potential while hoodride is about purposely making something look like a piece of shit." -SKIM
unclespanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back , I think you remember why I had to let her go to " Greener pastures " Metal work, the fist sized hole in the frame rail under drivers seat, and some other issues come to mind. I put a lot of time and money in the bus working it up the best I could, Glass, OG interior panels, brakes etc. all this and more to keep her on the road. Mind this was when I was 1/3 owner, I never recieved one nickel nor did I ask to get reimbursed for any of this. I simply loved the bus. I ran a for sale sign on her from Bug-O to Madera spring fling and not one of " Steward"'s offered to help with metal work. I'd of thrown the keys to any family or friend that would have offered. Living a block from the beach, I could sit in my lawn chair and watch her deteriorate by the day. Did what I had to do....................
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this bus was cool, that being said it was not even in the closest practical not even by vw standards. It's time was limited, ok so now its going to be just another 21 window. At least it will survive, most buses with novelty status disappear over time.
Romans 6:13
WTB 67 beetle rear seat belts.
59 Euro ragtop build with my dad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391061
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elliottjohnson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SurfCityRacing wrote:

We're just speculating on what the current owner is doing with it, and until someone comes up with pics or real info, it's just that, speculation.

I asked a few local guys and they said they hadn't heard about it being in Fresno, so no real info to add.
SurfCityRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclespanky wrote:
Did what I had to do....................

Word. I get that. We've all done that. Hopefully she went to truly greener pastures... Reports are conflicting at this time.
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vw7266 wrote:
After you sell it and someone else buys it..they can do what they wish with it...its theirs now not yours.

Give your daughter away... new husband pimps her out... Basically, fuck you.

Yeah, I have a heavy heart for that bus. I (we) loved on that thing and definately bled more than once bringing her back around from nothing. Spanky, how about contacting this dude you sold it to and get the real story on it, this rumor mill is gonna' go out of control.

A lot of us put our love into saving these old junkers, and while it may be true that someone could be taking the bus to "the next level", its still difficult for me to deal with. To hell with the cookie-cutter-common, overly restored, personality-muted SB/CW late 21... I can't stand those things, -or most buses who's true identity and soul has been erased. "The next level" Whatever. I'll attempt to hold judgment until I see who's actually got the bus. Who knows, maybe "Metalwizard" has it. Regardless, the bus's history would still be heading down the tubes.

There's always more garbage out there for me dig up, so I'll try to look forward and not worry so much about what's behind me. Trying to think positive. Wink
unclespanky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you how many times I've rummaged through the house looking for Ken's #. I know that he worked on the Pier here in Santa Cruz. I'd contact him in a second if I could. I know he has/had a buddy that was also into Busses from the UK. They both came by once and checked out the bus.
I'd buy the bus back if I could. Like x wifes , old girlfriends and the police..............I know I'll see the bus again.
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SurfCityRacing wrote:
...it should have been kept in the family. Plenty of people would have ponied up to be a steward of the Bullet Bus.

And plenty of people provided the vintage parts to re-animate that shell with the expectation that it be kept holy.
quartermilecamel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that image of the bullet bus all lit up at night with a light inside is etched into our minds. That was my most favorite picture of it. Not that I liked having somebody shoot the hell out of a bus but, since it is what it is that photo was cool. A running/driving breezy bus Laughing
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the people in this thread have sold a lot of buses over the years and should know by now that once it's gone it's not your "project " anymore. If you want a bus to stay the way it is then keep it.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ScrapJunkie
(O\U|U/O)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has the infamous Bullet Bus emerged yet? Or are its whereabouts still a mystery?
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nightmare scenario:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeL wrote:
The nightmare scenario:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

looks like Greg Biffle at Bristol. Very nice race track, lots of cars get torn up there, doubt any of them have a gram of bondo on them

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on the BB? Did it make the unholy transition to boredom?
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe since they couldn't find all the lead, it had to have a 'this product contains components known to be carcinogens.." label on each door.
maddog125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Seems They Can Shoot Purdy Good In Nevada Too... Reply with quote

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but has anyone discovered the whereabouts of the BB yet? I've always been fascinated by this bus, especially with all the Area 51 hype as of late.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: