Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Bus today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 561, 562, 563 ... 678, 679, 680  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpattee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Safari Bus Reply with quote

I spent a few hours on my 67 changing the oil, adjusting the valves and replacing the swing lever bushing. The best part of the day was spending time with the 56 "Safari Bus." It got treated with Ospho and new plates. Then a quick drive. There's a few photos of it from others in the gallery and here's what it looks like now.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like the "ospho look". Maybe it will start a new trend. Very Happy
rockymountainaircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Safari Bus Reply with quote

rpattee wrote:
I spent a few hours on my 67 changing the oil, adjusting the valves and replacing the swing lever bushing. The best part of the day was spending time with the 56 "Safari Bus." It got treated with Ospho and new plates. Then a quick drive. There's a few photos of it from others in the gallery and here's what it looks like now.

Richard- glad you got to spend some time down there! Safari bus is really cool. Ospho works great but is nasty stuff to deal with!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Safari Bus Reply with quote

rockymountainaircooled wrote:
Ospho works great but is nasty stuff to deal with!

I use it with some regularity and have not found it nasty at all. What issues have you had with it?
rockymountainaircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Safari Bus Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

I use it with some regularity and have not found it nasty at all. What issues have you had with it?

I was doing it outside and the wind switched and sprayed my face- it got painful very fast. I suppose if you are well suited up it would be fine.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Safari Bus Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

I was doing it outside and the wind switched and sprayed my face- it got painful very fast. I suppose if you are well suited up it would be fine.

Yeah, I could see that being a problem. I usually just brush it on, not spray it.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Safari Bus Reply with quote

rpattee wrote:

Pretty cool that two of Scott's old busses have made it to Washington - his '56 zebra bus (safari) and my '56 subhatch.

zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tmiller3 wrote:
I registered her with the DMV and finally was able to legally drive her on streets outside of my neighborhood. Very Happy

WOW - you are to be commended, very nice
rpattee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Ospho Reply with quote

Don't think the Ospho look will go too far. It looks like hell in person. Kinda cool in pics though.

I also brushed on the Ospho. It think it was treated before but don't know. It doesn't have any deep pitting and must of had something done to it. Don't know why it turned white in areas?

The bus is in Washington State now. I think I'll start a separate thread on it. Here's a shot of both the 56 & 67 for you guys.

Greg, any info you might have on this thing would be greatly appreciated.
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: safari bus Reply with quote

Was that the safari bus that was running around Co the last few years ? Sweet bus
Ace Radio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: I'm replacing portions of my cargo floor... Reply with quote

Greetings,
My 1960 panel has been in the garage less than five days and I've already started removing the rust and rot from the cargo floor. The previous owner had already replaced the long driver's side rocker and had not planned on doing much else with the floor. Most of the metal was solid, but the metal was thin in both front corners, all across the rear and (of course) along the cargo sill area. I really didn't see much sense in replacing the entire floor. It seems that it might be difficult to replace the rear section without buying the entire floor sections, but I'm not in a hurry right now. I also have a question about the replacement floor panels. It seems that the floor meets the luggage (sloped wall) area at the bottom and the original panel was welded from below. If I can find good metal to weld to, I had hoped to simply weld the floor to the transition from above. I was unsure if the flange on the new panels were the exact same as the originals. It's taken about 12 hours of spare time to remove the sections I have removed and I'm satisfied with the progress thus far.

campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ospho Reply with quote

rpattee wrote:

Greg, any info you might have on this thing would be greatly appreciated.

PM Scottmcw - he can tell you more about it than I can.
wrenchnride247
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: ISP west glass Reply with quote

Installed glass from ISP West today with new seals!

'62 SC 69x90.5 SP TI
'70 T1 84x105 DP T4
Ace Radio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: I build Two Wooden Stands to Assist in Working on the Bus Reply with quote

I have plans on lowering my 1960 panel so out goes the entire (stock) front and rear suspension. Now I can access everything I need and will be able to complete the rust repair with easy access from above and below. I don't have enough room for a rotisserie and I built both of these stands in a few hours with a budget of about $100 (including casters). I used a similar set up with my previous bus and it worked well.

klcarrie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: 55 Panel Snappy's Showing colours and its 'Grateful' History Reply with quote

Excavated a Deadhead from van's paint stratigraphy.

The OG Taubenblau is seen in what could be the cold Deadhead's eyes. there are 4 over-sprays atop the OG paint.

Easy Off strips the top 3 layers easily. The cream lacquer coat atop the OG Taubenblau needs elbow grease and Easy Off and Acetone to finish.

- Bay Bus Pinion Nut Socket

- 64-67 big nut (rear) drums and brake parts, 46mm axle nuts (Big Nuts)

--
'55 Wolfburg Pannel Project
'55 Wolfsburg SC Project
'71 Westy
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a few days back.

Pulled apart the EIS 67 only master. It looks pretty good on the insides except for not being as clean as I would have liked. The bore looked excellent on the inspection lab scope.

Cleaned, honed, re cleaned and put back together. All in all not a bad part for $38.00 and some of my time.

Also had some DOT and FMVSS compliant SS braided lines made.

Still need to make a 67 only pushrod for the master and get the bubble flare dies for the tubing crimper to finish the job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kenshapiro2002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After installing a new front floor, "A" pillars, and dog legs, got my kick panels back in, my OG strato blue mat, and my newly upholstered seats which I excellently (if I say so myself) matched to the color of faded aero paryrus. Nobody reproduces this interior, and the ones who try a match, do so with the original color which is a lot bluer. I wanted to use the OG faded interior panels so I matched the blueish green of those.

Looking for '67 Engine / Block HO 183xxx - HO 194xxx
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great Ken, nice job!
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuco wrote:
They look great Ken, nice job!

X2...That looks really nice!
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
KombiMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X3

Yeah, really great job. They look OG almost......
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 561, 562, 563 ... 678, 679, 680  Next
Jump to:
Page 562 of 680

Jump to: