Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What beer are you drinking
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wahlly17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Pliney the Elder from Russian River Brewery.
PowLo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Gamma Ray from Beavertown Brewery. A delicious American Pale Ale. The lable artwork is a hoot, too !
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

easy to drink Crabbie's fine tasting Ginger Beer
cheers
Hank
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Sierra Nevada
Coffee Porter..

Nice!

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Sierra Nevada
Coffee Porter..

Nice!

Agreed. That stuff is fantastic! I have one left, just waiting for the right time...
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Sierra Nevada
Coffee Porter..

Nice!

Agreed. That stuff is fantastic! I have one left, just waiting for the right time...

Yeah man! I really dig it.. actually better than my previous statement of just nice... Wink
I picked up a SN variety pack that had it . .. may go back for more of just that ..

Really nice to have a Sierra Nevada Brewery close by (Mills River NC) ... we now see much more varieties often..
I've managed to keep a Narwhal stored cold for about12 months.. its going down soon.. .and hopefully will pick up more when it comes back around..(unless I've missed it) and .... a real aged growler of it soon..

WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Sierra Nevada
Coffee Porter..

Nice!

Yeah man! I really dig it.. actually better than my previous statement of just nice... Wink
I picked up a SN variety pack that had it . .. may go back for more of just that ..

Really nice to have a Sierra Nevada Brewery close by (Mills River NC) ... we now see much more varieties often..
I've managed to keep a Narwhal stored cold for 12 months.. its going down soon.. .and hopefully will pick up more when it comes back around.. and .... a real aged growler of it soon..

Funny, I've got a year old Narwhal, too. Barrel aged, oh so yummy. It may very well be the best beer I have ever had.

I got the Coffee stout in a variety pack as well. Unfortunately, included in that pack is a white IPA of some sort that I just can't stomach. Gotta find someone who actually wants it rather than just pouring it out. Don't want it, but can't waste it.

Right now I am sipping a Hercules Double IPA from Great Divide Brewing Company. Not bad, and not overly hoppy. Also 10% ABV in a nice big bottle. Very Happy
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I got the Coffee stout in a variety pack as well. Unfortunately, included in that pack is a white IPA of some sort that I just can't stomach. Gotta find someone who actually wants it rather than just pouring it out. Don't want it, but can't waste it

I know right???

Coffee Porter.. paired with Snow Wit IPA.. Torpedo Extra IPA and the Pale Ale..

Odd yes.....but I guess they are going after all markets.. or.. getting rid of the old batches?
Appeals to the masses I guess....
Ill drink it all.. Wink

Narwhal = ..... droooool..... drooool...

They supposedly have it on TAP at the brewery restaurant..
My confirmation....pending... Laughing

Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
I got the Coffee stout in a variety pack as well. Unfortunately, included in that pack is a white IPA of some sort that I just can't stomach. Gotta find someone who actually wants it rather than just pouring it out. Don't want it, but can't waste it

I know right???

Coffee Porter.. paired with Snow Wit IPA.. Torpedo Extra IPA and the Pale Ale..

Odd yes.....but I guess they are going after all markets.. or.. getting rid of the old batches?
Appeals to the masses I guess....
Ill drink it all.. Wink

Torpedoes are excellent, and the Pale Ale is like an old friend, but the white stuff is ghastly. As I have said here before, it tastes like bile.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Torpedoes are excellent, and the Pale Ale is like an old friend, but the white stuff is ghastly. As I have said here before, it tastes like bile.

Oh yeah most every drop of what SN brews... is great....
However...its sad to say.....they cant win em' all.

Round here, summer and fall beers have stayed full in the coolers longer than ever..
Lots of Pumkins, and IPA's still hangin' tough... Anxious
....I've found less "cold weather" brews this year stocked..?
Must be the crappy weather... Laughing

Usually and often edited
fatty1970
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Coconut porter is a great beer it's smooth and has a coco flavor not to strong but noticeable it's made by maui brewing company
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Picked up some of this from Anheuser-Busch

No where near as sweet as Not your Fathers.
I like it better..

Usually and often edited
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Singin' River IPA out of Florence, Alabama. Great stuff. Thanks to my son for hauling one back from sweet home.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Ballast Point's porter "Peppermint Victory at Sea." A little heavy on the coffee and I tasted no peppermint, which might not be a negative. Has a kick, tho. Cool
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

just got myself some vergina

it's cold and bitter just like every vergina I have ever met

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

My favorite winter brews are fast disappearing form the store shelves. I hoarded two case worth over the last week. Stuff 'em in the root cellar so I can enjoy them for a few more months.

Tonight it is Full Sail Wassail, my favorite of the winter seasonals this year.

I know I have pictured it here before, but it is worth another photo.

VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Finished my last stored Narwhal Mad (Sigh)

Picked up 6 of DuClaw Brewings (Maryland)
"Dirty Little Freak" Brown Ale.
Intrigued about the advertised Chocolate, Caramel, Coconut Brew description..
And frankly

Pleasantly Surprised.
Dark and flavorful..

I'm going back for more...and will check out others from DuClaw..

Edit following week bump.

Decided to stop in and pick up something else from DuClaw.

"Sweet Baby Jesus" Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter.

Sounded iffy.. but lives up to its declaration... "The taste that makes you say Sweet Baby Jesus"...

Looking at their products on their site.. Im looking forward to finding and trying more from that brewery

https://duclaw.com/beer-main/

Usually and often edited
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Arrow

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Picked up a four pack of these 2016 tasty treats. On my second one now. Yum yum.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Picked up a four pack of these 2016 tasty treats. On my second one now. Yum yum.

Your gonna have a nice evening.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Page 129 of 161

Jump to: