Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hey, I like the wheels of your Type 3!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JesusGreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep an eye in the classifieds that's where I found my set and the set I passed up.. My girlfriend kept telling me it was dumb to have two sets of the same rim, so I never got the second pair. I wish I did now that I hear they are so hard to find. If you decide to powder the rims make sure not to get powder in the lug holes. As they are very small and any powder will not allow the lugs to fit in.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyBoyGomes wrote:
Bob and Jesus, you're killing me.... Smile

I've been looking for a set of those rims for a long time too (although only about 7 years). I pretty much gave up looking since it was so difficult. If you come across another set, PLEASE let me know. I have 4 x original 14" fuchs that I could add to the offer to sweeten the deal Smile

Hey, I know they're out there. Chris offered me the pair, after not finding another pair to make a complete set. I think he'd only been looking for a year or so. But then he's in So Cal, where you might see them more often on Craig's list. Where I'm at, I've only seen another set once (in person), and that was about 18 to 20 years ago. Shocked But looking in the tire and rim forum, I saw several sets of both 36 and 32 spoke rims on various cars. Smile
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Luke.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Carving head 40s
17x7 et25
JBlom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Like it!
Looks good without the bumper. And those wheels looks cool. Never seen them before. Smile
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: OG 4/1970 sprintstars re chromed going on my 1968 squareback Reply with quote

OG 4/1970 sprintstars re chromed going on my 1968 squareback
Cschenkel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
TommyBoyGomes wrote:

I've been looking for a set of those rims for a long time too (although only about 7 years). I pretty much gave up looking since it was so difficult. If you come across another set, PLEASE let me know. I have 4 x original 14" fuchs that I could add to the offer to sweeten the deal Smile

Hey, I know they're out there. Chris offered me the pair, after not finding another pair to make a complete set. I think he'd only been looking for a year or so. But then he's in So Cal, where you might see them more often on Craig's list. Where I'm at, I've only seen another set once (in person), and that was about 18 to 20 years ago. Shocked But looking in the tire and rim forum, I saw several sets of both 36 and 32 spoke rims on various cars. Smile

I thought you would be able to put them to better use, I found a different set of wheels that might be rarer, they're Cheviot Reverse Mesh (could be wrong on the model but they are Cheviots) only set I've seen in 4x130,

6x15, Any suggestions on tire size? i measured the back spacing once and i believe it's around 4.5" can't remember exactly

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cschenkel wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
TommyBoyGomes wrote:

I thought you would be able to put them to better use, I found a different set of wheels that might be rarer, they're Cheviot Reverse Mesh (could be wrong on the model but they are Cheviots) only set I've seen in 4x130,

6x15, Any suggestions on tire size? i measured the back spacing once and i believe it's around 4.5" can't remember exactly

Those look good too. Cool Are you planning on lowering the car? Just asking, as that determines what your options are for tire size.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyBoyGomes wrote:

I will go look, but...

Houston is going through gentrification in all the neighborhoods even close to downtown. Someone told me about a Ghia in a garage that was falling apart, then another lady showed it to me and told me the neighbor sold the property, and everything including the house would be torn down and scrapped once he moved out. There were 3 of those rims sitting in the weeds outside of the garage, and one in the scary falling down garage. Being 4 lug, I didn't think they were worth much. They had black caps and I think they said shelby something on the back side. Another local cat had a 4 lug Ghia, I told him about the place, maybe he picked them up - but I will go look
Cschenkel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
Cschenkel wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
TommyBoyGomes wrote:

Those look good too. Cool Are you planning on lowering the car? Just asking, as that determines what your options are for tire size.

I believe the PO lowered the rear and left the front alone or it's just that the shocks and t-bars are getting old and worn. But I do want to lower it a little in the front to level out the car, maybe in the back, it's kind of up in the air until I work on the suspension. But most likely I will be doing a small drop on it

Does it look a little lowered? I haven't seen a stock height t3 in my area that I know of

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cschenkel wrote:

Does it look a little lowered? I haven't seen a stock height t3 in my area that I know of

Yes, the front looks stock height and the rear looks lowered, but could just be sag, as you mentioned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
TommyBoyGomes wrote:

I will go look, but...

Houston is going through gentrification in all the neighborhoods even close to downtown. Someone told me about a Ghia in a garage that was falling apart, then another lady showed it to me and told me the neighbor sold the property, and everything including the house would be torn down and scrapped once he moved out. There were 3 of those rims sitting in the weeds outside of the garage, and one in the scary falling down garage. Being 4 lug, I didn't think they were worth much. They had black caps and I think they said shelby something on the back side. Another local cat had a 4 lug Ghia, I told him about the place, maybe he picked them up - but I will go look

Ok, I said I'd look. Sketchy as hell but whatevs. The wheels are gone. I think the local guy I told about them must have grabbed them, they haven't done anything with the building or the garage or the car, but the seats are out (that's what he was looking for)

68notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: 4 stud to 5 stud conversion ? Reply with quote

I know this seems like a searchable question but I find nothing specific to making this change on a type 3??

I have a 4 stud 68 and would love to run 5 stud sprintstars.

Anyone got some advice or links? Like to keep front discs!

68 Aussie notch
2011 Citroen Berlingo

https://www.facebook.com/Fastacraft

RHD dash pad project http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=475227
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cschenkel wrote:

Does it look a little lowered? I haven't seen a stock height t3 in my area that I know of.

The rear looks like T-bar sag, while the front looks stock. You should be able to get away with a 205-65-15 on the rear, and then drop the front 2 splines and go with a 195-60-15 to help level everything out.
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: 4 stud to 5 stud conversion ? Reply with quote

68notch wrote:
I know this seems like a searchable question but I find nothing specific to making this change on a type 3??

Since you're in OZ, your options are very limited, due to you having to have a mechanic's certificate for road use. Your best option will be the CSP kit, but it's expensive (for the front only). For the rear, it's just a matter of searching for some wide 5 rear drums (they directly interchange).
Sorry I'm not more of any help.
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
Cschenkel wrote:

Does it look a little lowered? I haven't seen a stock height t3 in my area that I know of.

The rear looks like T-bar sag, while the front looks stock. You should be able to get away with a 205-65-15 on the rear, and then drop the front 2 splines and go with a 195-60-15 to help level everything out.

I'm running 205/70/15s on the rear of my notchbacks... with no neg rear camber. So, if you lower the rear a click/or with sag it should fit even easier. It's all about the offset.
pitargue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotti's on my notch...

TomFasty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 stud to 5 stud conversion ? Reply with quote

68notch wrote:

I have seen this on the Net: http://www.volksconversions.com.au/brakes.html

It would seem they may be able to help you out with your conversion question.

Tom.
ronbug73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: hub cap Reply with quote

i found this. i used them 2 years ago its original Accessory hub cap of riviera

today i use riviera

Ron
TomFasty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: 4 stud to 5 stud conversion ? Reply with quote

For the rear, it's just a matter of searching for some wide 5 rear drums (they directly interchange).

Hey Bob, will wide 5 drums fit the rear of a '72 FB?

Cheers,
Tom
JBlom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitargue wrote:
Gotti's on my notch...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1333919.jpg

Thumbs up!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Page 44 of 49

Jump to: