Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Going to a show???
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerinon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Going to a show??? Reply with quote

OK - I've been to many car shows and see how completely devoted to their cars these folks are. We have several local shows with a biggie coming up in September. What should I do to prepare? My 74 is in quite good shape and I may get by with just a wash and wax, but I don't want to go and look like a dork!!

You can see my Thing here:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ID=6933401

Thanks for the advice -
Kerin'on
Woreign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to ask yourself why you are going? Do you want to win a trophy, or do you want to socialize and share with other VW enthusiasts? If you want a trophy, then you need to do whatever you can to look the best at the show. I have a very nicely restored stock Thing, but I always lose to a "Thing with Bling"... The ones that are lowered with lots of chrome and fancy paint. So I stopped worrying about winning and simply go to the shows to see the other VWs and talk with the other enthusiasts. You won't look like a dork... No matter how good or bad your ride is.
markie61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Going to a show??? Reply with quote

kerinon wrote:
I don't want to go and look like a dork!!
Kerin'on

C'mon dude: you drive a Thing!!!! Cleary, you already have gotten over caring what other people think! Laughing

Mark

PS Go, enter, have fun, meet other ACVW ethusiasts.
mickeything
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my thing to the cruise night in Monmouth, IL last Fri. It is the night before the Fred Gibb car show in LaHarpe, IL. There are so many nice cars but I figured I'd be the only thing there. My car needs quite a bit of work but to me it was worth it and I enjoyed everyone askin about it Very Happy
Towel Rail
Horizontally Opposed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Going to a show??? Reply with quote

kerinon wrote:
but I don't want to go and look like a dork!!

Too late for that! Have you looked at your car lately? Laughing

049 > 070 > 053 > 009
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: