Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What happed to Hoodride.com?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivan716
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: What happed to Hoodride.com? Reply with quote

In march I purchased some merchandise from www.hoodride.com, support mainly but, wanted some threads and stickers, (you can never have enough stickers). Well here it is, August, and still no merchandise, the website has not been updated since March 23rd 2007, they never answer the phone... "Derrick" is the guys who has his phone number on the web site and contact page for problems…he does not answer any calls, but does get the messages ( he had to clear out his Mailbox), and I can track my order, says not shipped...not shit. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what's up? They got my cash, (not alot, but not the point, so many businesses out there are scams) and I have no merchandise - they're in Arizona...HoodRide Enterprises, 1971 E. 5th Street Ste. 106, Tempe, Arizona 85281, United States. And guess what, I looked up the address on Google Earth, guess what…it was an open lot with no buildings…so my question is this, does anyone know anything about what has happened to HoodRide Enterprises Brick wall
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard he had moved on to bicylces and given up on the vw scene, but who knows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aveyinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What happed to Hoodride.com ??? Reply with quote

ivan716 wrote:
In march I purchased some merchandise from www.hoodride.com, support mainly but, wanted some threads and stickers, (you can never have enough stickers). Well here it is, August, and still no merchandise, the website has not been updated since March 23rd 2007, they never answer the phone... "Derrick" is the guys who has his phone number on the web site and contact page for problems…he does not answer any calls, but does get the messages ( he had to clear out his Mailbox), and I can track my order, says not shipped...not shit. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what's up? They got my cash, (not alot, but not the point, so many businesses out there are scams) and I have no merchandise - they're in Arizona...HoodRide Enterprises, 1971 E. 5th Street Ste. 106, Tempe, Arizona 85281, United States. And guess what, I looked up the address on Google Earth, guess what…it was an open lot with no buildings…so my question is this, does anyone know anything about what has happened to HoodRide Enterprises Brick wall

Here it goes...

Derrick cashed in on people lowering cars and the "drive it how you find it" attitude. He got himself some business partners, like ridemaster and randar and took from them and people buying hoodride merchandise a hefty some of over $14,000.00... and that is just the amount that people have spoken up about. He got in over his head and either through drugs or buying pretty things... we all assume cannot pay people back. So he has disappeared. Maybe he is still in Phoenix, or maybe he moved back in with mommy and daddy in Colorado. Don't know. But as far as I have heard, no one has pressed charges against him.

The website was destroyed because it stood to still get him money through the bodega from anyone willing to try and buy stuff. A few people left that were loyal to HR finally got pissed and filled the whole site... every single post with giant pictures of cats "because Derrick is a pussy". Even a few moderators were in on it. Changing text, deleting anything of value on the site. Someone eventually piped up and said they wanted to by hoodride... and after that it went to the state it is in now.

BTW, I found out that Derrick owns the rights to the HR name, but did not get it incorporated... so all debt falls back on him. But like you stated. No one has done a damn thing about it.

There is no more.

GHOSTWAGENS!
WOMAN with short dirty nails!
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ivan716 wrote:
Thanks, If he is so well known, (you seem to know alot about this well known thief) why is no one (or you) doing anything about him ? Or making it known he is a rip off and inform everyone not do business with them. How many other people do you know who have been burned by this guy?

Why didn't you do anything about it? Why is it our responsibility to warn others? Shouldn't you have done some research about the "company" you were buying stuff from before you sent them your money?
caden13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can call him
http://ridemastersuspensions.com/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-...pg=contact
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some other places to look for this guy.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=46234212

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1425854

Seems the first one was checked back in July, you may also poke around lowlifevw.com as they are an AZ based crew and might know where to find him.
VOODOOKING
Samba Salami Slapper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: What happed to Hoodride.com ??? Reply with quote

aveyinc wrote:
Even a few moderators were in on it. Changing text, deleting anything of value on the site..

*raises hand*

guilty Laughing

a lot of us got sick of his shit screwing people over.some of us did a lot for that site because it once stood for something we loved; ratty slammed vintage VW's. it turned into complete bullshit...if Derrick wasn't going to return these peoples hard earned money,we were going to see that bullshit was shut down, not for our own gain, we have nothing to gain from our actions, merely standing up for other people being screwed by DeadBeatDerrick.

was kinda shitty what we did? kinda, there were people there who enjoyed the forum, but unfortunately didnt see the bullshit Derrick was pulling on people.Derrick is a flat out theif, theres no other way to look at it.its no wonder why he never shows his face anymore. he would pop in and change the subject of him owing people money everytime he posted....one excuse after the other.I seriously dont expect him to show face in the VW community anymore.

HoodRiddance

I'm sorry to say you may never see your money or merchandise
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone heard anything ?
spook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't showed on llvw, don't think that the folks
would put up with that crap
SBS US #10
feedback on the shop : http://tinyurl.com/yc7jgkl

Welcome to he darkside, its lower here.

Last edited by spook on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Classifieds Feedback
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder how a young guy with a great thing going could totally ruin it like that.

Too bad for the HoodRide name, there were a lot of cool hoodride style cars. I guess the name is out, but the cars are still in, they just need a new hook now.

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
split66!!!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A name is just a name!!
So who is comming up with a new name and logo!!!!

Hoodride is death, the style not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ow yeah, can somebody make me a stencil of 'FUCK HOODRIDE'
I want this on my split!! Twisted Evil
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmsmilin wrote:
I just wonder how a young guy with a great thing going could totally ruin it like that. .
Happens every day, in every way. Whether its family, friends, relationships, their car, business or whatever, some young (and not so young) guys seem never to have to much trouble ruining a good thing. Most of the time is has alot to do with selfishness, greed or both.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cage66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caden13 wrote:
you can call him
http://ridemastersuspensions.com/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-...pg=contact

Johnny has nothing to do with DEADBeat anymore he runs the company himself and its still a reliable place to buy a great beam
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
detroitjohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I haven't been on in a while and I need to set a couple of very minor things straight...

First off, Thanks Chase...... I'm glad to see someone's got my back when I am not online for a while.

I am DetroitJOHNNY. I have built every single RideMaster product from day 1. I now run RideMaster and it has NO ties to Derrick or HoodRide at all. EVERY person that bought anything from RideMaster got all of their product. I never had anything to do with HoodRide merchandise either. I have NO stickers, shirts, etc. I can't help anyone that did not get merchandise from Derrick.

Secondly, Derrick does NOT owe ME any money. Every dealing I had with Derrick was above board and honest. I am not defending him. I would like to find him and talk to him too. But he did not walk away with ANY of my money. I don't want to be included in that gang.

thanks.

dtroitj
von Mako
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitjohnny wrote:
I don't want to be included in that gang.

Would taking 'A Hoodride Company' off your webpage be a good idea then? Wink
detroitjohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

von Mako wrote:
detroitjohnny wrote:

OK, Mr. 1 Post smart alek........

Since I don't control that website, and not even Jesus can get Derrick to do anything........

you do the math.

if you can.

I've given long thought to just shit cannning the RideMaster name, but in reality I have spent way too much of my own time and effort to get it where it is. Try to get that type of recognition right off the bat with a new name...............

but then, there's one of you in every crowd.

dtroitj
ovalmark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

von Mako wrote:
detroitjohnny wrote:

When you click on Ridemaster's website the banner at the top says it's "A Hoodride Company". He is simply suggesting you remove that from the banner. Probably a good idea if Hoodride is no longer in business. Laughing
'71 Westy
'58 El Lobo
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovalmark wrote:
von Mako wrote:
detroitjohnny wrote:

When you click on Ridemaster's website the banner at the top says it's "A Hoodride Company". He is simply suggesting you remove that from the banner. Probably a good idea if Hoodride is no longer in business. Laughing

If people actually read instead of just jumping on the Dumbbeatderrick band wagon it sounds like the Ridemaster site was designed and is controlled by Plug N Play Derrick
von Mako
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitjohnny wrote:
OK, Mr. 1 Post smart alek........

Since I don't control that website, and not even Jesus can get Derrick to do anything........

you do the math.

if you can.

Easy bro, it was just a friendly suggestion! You hadn't mentioned you had no control of the site until now! I can see how you'd be pissed at people dumping you in the same boat as Hoodride. Hang in there tho, eventually people will forget all the DBD b.s, but they won't forget about the Ridemaster beam they're rollin 10 years from now!

Peace,
Mr. 2 Post

seems I can do math too.. Wink
alistarfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing is that wheres all this money gone that us idiots keep putting into that hoodride acount !!!!!!!!

its ('Mad') me so much mainly because i have had to pay $25 shipping for a sticker
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: