Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Leaky sink drain??
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Powder2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Leaky sink drain?? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I was draining and refilling my water reservoir in my 87 full camper for its maiden camping trip and noticed that the carpet was very wet below the fridge and small storage cabinet to the left as well as a small spot along in the edge right in the middle of the rear bench. Water was also dripping form underneath the van in other places besides the under the sink. Specifically it was dripping from the undercarriage in front of the right rear wheel. My initial thoughts are that there is a leak in the drain line and water is flooding some space underneath. The leak did not occur when I was not running the faucet. Anyone have experience with this problem? I did some searching on the forums but found nothing. I am a newbie the westies and this site so forgive me if the answer is obvious.
trailnewt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've experienced the same symptom. In my case it was a leak at the junction of the filler hose and the domestic water tank. A new hose and a little food-grade caulk took care of it.
Brent
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: