Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Foyer Tent Help
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Foyer Tent Help Reply with quote

Nice attention to detail; once they are painted and get scuffed up a bit they will look the part.

This is a good example of something that looks really easy to make, but is quite time consuming to get right. Having an original on hand is a huge advantage and necessary IMO to produce a faithful copy.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Foyer Tent Help Reply with quote

Cool !! awesome job! That was really cool of Easy E to lend you a set Applause !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Foyer Tent Help Reply with quote

Nice!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Foyer Tent Help Reply with quote

Thanks folks. I painted and had the hardware plated today. It all looks just great to me and I'm excited to get it put up on the bus. I'm going to make custom mounts off the roof rack so no holes will be drilled in the roof. I might drill the holes in the jack points but it's possible I'll make a slide in mount that won't require a hole drilled. Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Foyer Tent Help Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^Looks great T!!^^^^^
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Foyer Tent Help Reply with quote

Danke Laughing
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Foyer Tent Help Reply with quote

Yes. It's like looking back in time at an original one upon opening it up.
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Foyer Tent Help Reply with quote

Finally done, the tent is awesome! Very Happy

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: