Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Retro Fitting Pop Out Rear Windows
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 62 does not have the holes pre drilled for pop outs... also to the guy with the 57... someone drilled those holes they weren't there from the factory. I have a 57 and a 62 and believe me there are no holes!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: 62' Bug rear window pop-out hinges Reply with quote

Looking for 62' Bug rear window pop-out hinges! Anyone . . . (2)
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a " Wanted to buy " add on Samba classifieds .

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the U Tube video where they got the pop outs to open and close ELECTRICALLY with toyota van parts ?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
notsnarb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Retro Fitting Pop Out Rear Windows Reply with quote

tschleeter wrote:
I love my 67 except for one problem - no rear pop-out windows. Driving in the city is like riding in an oven. Even when you get going, the airflow is minimal with the original stationary windows in place.

Is there anyway to install popout windows using the original glass and old (if I can find them) pop out style window frames? I'd like to retain the original glass - everything else on the bug is original and I don't want to mess with it by putting in new glass and new window frames. Gaskets and seals would need to be new, but not much else - at least that is my uneducated assessment.

Can anybody tell me:
1. Is it possible to retro fit pop out windows?
2. Is there any way to use the original rear window glass in the pop-outs?
3. Would doing this lower the value of the car because it would no longer be "original?"
4. Can anybody give me a good reason why I should NOT do this?

If you PM me your email, I'll send you a procedure to retrofit popouts to your '67 and also a second showing how to replace all the seals.
BWD
Samba Mailman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Retro Fitting Pop Out Rear Windows Reply with quote

branston wrote:
tschleeter wrote:
I love my 67 except for one problem - no rear pop-out windows. Driving in the city is like riding in an oven. Even when you get going, the airflow is minimal with the original stationary windows in place.

Is there anyway to install popout windows using the original glass and old (if I can find them) pop out style window frames? I'd like to retain the original glass - everything else on the bug is original and I don't want to mess with it by putting in new glass and new window frames. Gaskets and seals would need to be new, but not much else - at least that is my uneducated assessment.

Can anybody tell me:
1. Is it possible to retro fit pop out windows?
2. Is there any way to use the original rear window glass in the pop-outs?
3. Would doing this lower the value of the car because it would no longer be "original?"
4. Can anybody give me a good reason why I should NOT do this?

If you PM me your email, I'll send you a procedure to retrofit popouts to your '67 and also a second showing how to replace all the seals.

OG post was from Aug 13, 2007!
member #2850
1966 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: