Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Petri Pealit look-a-likes... what are they from??
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ambu55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Petri Pealit look-a-likes... what are they from?? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

...has anyone got an idea where these wheels come from, what car had them originaly,... ??? thanks!

ps. size is 42 centimeter, should be correct for beetle - Petri ...?
ambu55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: one more... Reply with quote

...and another one, this time in a dark red, "bordeaux" coloured, and it's a bit transparant, so when you drive it at night, other cars headlights lights come thru it... I like it!! ...no-one knows them please?? I'd like to know more on these wheels, as you can see, I don't drive them in a bug or Bus, even not a VW, but it would fit with a few modifications...
naughtyG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a Quillery steering wheel made in France in the 40's 50's early 60's. This brand made lots of accessories for various brands, mainly french cars.
The brand made banjo style steering wheel in transparant material.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ambu55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: french wheel... Reply with quote

naughtyG wrote:
It could be a Quillery steering wheel made in France in the 40's 50's early 60's. This brand made lots of accessories for various brands, mainly french cars.
The brand made banjo style steering wheel in transparant material.

...hi naughtyG, you're right about the transparent red wheel, and the ivory one on top, they're french!, one came from a Citroën Traction Avant, the red one from a Hotchkiss !! (right now, it's fitted in a 2CV, as shown on the photograph...)
...thanks for your reaction!
...I'm still looking for the wheel on the second picture, looks completely like a Petri, I compared it to real ones last sunday in Slough, UK, but mine has NO petri sign in it, only a number "19", that's all! and the hornbutton is in aluminium...
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: one more... Reply with quote

ambu55 wrote:

...and another one, this time in a dark red, "bordeaux" coloured, and it's a bit transparant, so when you drive it at night, other cars headlights lights come thru it... I like it!! ...no-one knows them please?? I'd like to know more on these wheels, as you can see, I don't drive them in a bug or Bus, even not a VW, but it would fit with a few modifications...

That car in the picture is definetely a Citroen 2CV (deux chevaux)! I don't think they had steering wheels that fancy for the "ugly duckling" (the dutch nickname for the 2cv, my parents always drove them, up to the early 1990's... and still I ended up VW freak Laughing ), but I do like that Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ambu55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Tisius! it's 100% sure a 2cv, it was mine... a normal 1985 '2cv6 Special'... it's gone now, and replaced by another, a 1974 AZU from the belgian Post... in worse condition, but very rare model... on the picture, it's standing next to my '67 Bug... you also see my little daughter and my best UK-friend Chris, he brought the 2cv with him to Belgium, after it was in the UK for 32 years... (its a RHD)

...and also, the steering wheel was one I put in myself of course Wink

G.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: