Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

--- Internet Fraud --- Please read
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO,
I was fortunate to spot your advert on the net and I like to know
if it is still availabe for sale if available,please get back to me with the asking price or best offer ,pics, And the made of payment is CHEQUE. And it clear for two working day.SO GET BACK WITH THIS INFROMATION:
FULL NAME -----------------------
ADDRESS ------------------------
PHONE NUMBER ----------------------------
so as you as i receive this information i wil forward it to my
client so that you can receive the check in the nicks of time . Get
back
to me asap.
thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am Smith Cole , am located in germany, I will like to purchase your CAR for sale, So i will like to know that last price you are willing to sell it, and also get back to me with the pics via my email box so as to veryfied its condition. I will need to inform you that i will be paying you with a cashier cheque drawn from United State of America Bank. So i will like you to get back to me asap with the necessary details about the machandise,hoping to read from you.

Thanks Regard to your family.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,my name is kim sholly,i hail at canada .i am highly interested in buying your{ pop out windows }from you ,i will like you to give me the ASKING price and also scan the pics for me for proper verifycation. as for the shipping,i have a liable shipper that takes goods care of all my shipping .so about payment i have prepare a CERTIFIED CASHIERS CHECK for you in usa fund ,so pls email me back so that we can conclude about it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey seller
i will like to know the lastprice of ur ( 1983 Kelmark Dino 364 GT kit car)My payment is cashiers check so hope to hear from u soon
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Dear Seller,
I am highly interested in your posted advert for sale item on the internet and i will like you to pls send down the name of the item you have for sale,the asking price,the current condition,the pic and if thier is any interested buyer and if he or she has made payment or not...My mode of payment is by CHEQUE and i will send it down to you as soon as you mail me with your payment details.
FULL NAME,....................
ADDRESS IN FULL.................
HOME OFFICE AND MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS.........
AND YOUR LAST PRICE................
Some excess amount will be included to cover shippment, This will be sent to my preferable shipping agency who will use the funds as the fees to come over to your location for the pick up of the ite to mines destination after you might have confirmed the cheque in your bank and you can mail me [email protected] hope to read back from.
Cheers
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,
and thanks for the interest shown in my car. First I want to tell you that it is in great condition and never involved in an accident. This car belonged to my brother and he cared for it but unfortunately he died two weeks ago in a bike accident. I have it's clear title, signed and ready for ownership transfer.I have the rights over the car now and I'm selling it since I am not a VW fan. The car is located in Seattle, WA. Delivery to most US destinations cost from $300-$500 that you will pay once the car arrives. I will have the car truck forwarded to the buyer's home address. If you're interested in buying it, I want to complete this deal via Yahoo AUTOS Finance. It is safer and also recommended to use an escrow as a third party. Due to the low price I expect many replies on my ad; that's why I will sell it to the first person to agree on my price - $2,800 . I am looking for a quick, safe and hussle free transaction. In case you don't know how it works, it is very simple, just ask and I will be glad to help you. You get a 7 days inspection period also. If you're interested, email me your full name and shipping address and we can start from there. Also, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards !
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why I am selling it so cheap involves my job.I work as a sergeant in the US army and I was deployed to work in Austria for a while.
I've brought the car here with me so I can drive it during my free time but I found out that I have to pay a large amount of money to register it here, because it was purchased and registered in US and Europe emission regulations are different from US ones. The car will be shipped from Innsbruck, Austria & i will cover shipping fees to NY, you will only have to pay the shipping from NY to your location. You will receive all the documents of the car (owner's manuals, keys, clear title, bill of sale) in order to register the car under your name. The car is in perfect shape and starts smoothly. The car has been always garaged and I have never smoked in it.I only go home once in 8 months, it's a shame to keep a car like this garaged for such a long time . If you want to buy it, e-mail me with any questions that you may have.
Thank you ,
Nelsen Petherson
Joint Maritime Facility,
Innsbruck,
Austria
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sample scam email involving a fake escrow company:

hi , the car is in the escrow warehouse www.usvehicledelivery.com in Florida and ready for delivery to your location .To avoid any kind of complications related to shipping and other stuff i have contacted this company, they came to my door and took to their warehouse .

It's is in perfect condition, will come with all the paperwork including bill of sale, everything, first owner .

Free shipping. Five days of inspection with www.usvehicledelivery.com , you can refuse it, they will take it back and refund you. If you like it after the 5 days the company will release the money to me and the transcation is ended.The company will bring it in front of your door.

All the fees are payed. If you want to buy it please register to the company and follow their instructions. See the "how it works" section at the website. I am looking forward for your next email and let me know when you register.

Please reply because i have more clients for this sandrail.
Thank you!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm glad that you're interested in my 1969 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia . Let me tell you all about this car.
This was my brother's car, he died and left me the car in his will, I'm selling so cheap because it brings bad memories, it was registered in US.
The car is street legal and accurate. It has no scratches, no damages, no hidden defects. Kept it in a warm garage. It comes with all the documents needed for registration in US, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time.
The buy it now price is US $5,800.00 . This buy now price does include the shipping and insurance fees.
I'm located in Mansfield UK and the car is here as well and so this is where the car will be shipped from ( for local buyers or for cash payments vehicle inspection / pick up is also available at anytime during 10:00AM - 20:00PM ).
Shipping:
I've done some research and the best and fastest way I can ship it is using Hemisphere Cargo Shipping Ltd which takes between 7 to 9 days to arrive at your door and costs (door to door handling and shipping insurance fee included).
The most important thing in all my activity here is that I am affiliated with Yahoo! Finance where I have a purchase protection account for $ 5,000.00.
How will Yahoo! Finance protect your purchase ?
This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third party between seller and buyer to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements and provides dispute resolution and mediation between parties. Yahoo! Finance is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements.
If this is ok with you please reply with your complete name, address and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction case at Yahoo! Finance and move forward with this deal.
Thank you,
Andrew
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,
and thanks for the interest shown in my car. First I want to tell you that it is in great condition and never involved in an accident. This car belonged to my brother and he cared for it but unfortunately he died two weeks ago in a bike accident. I have it's clear title, signed and ready for ownership transfer.I have the rights over the car now and I'm selling it since I am not a VW fan. The car is located in Augusta, ME. I offer free delivery to all US states so there's no extra cost. I will have the car truck forwarded to the buyer's home address. If you're interested in buying it, I want to complete this deal via Yahoo AUTOS Finance.It is recommended to use a third party escrow. Due to the low price I expect many replies on my ad; that's why I will sell it to the first person to agree on my price - $5,800 . I am looking for a quick, safe and hussle free transaction. In case you don't know how it works, it is very simple, just ask and I will be glad to help you. You get a 7 days inspection period also. If you're interested, email me your full name and shipping address and we can start from there. Also, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards !
David
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another sample:

Hi,
The car is still for sale. It is in perfect shape. It has no scratches, dents and it was never involved in an accident or something like that.The VIN is 1XXXXXXX. It has 65000 miles.
I have a clear title and it is on my name. Why is the price so low? I'm in Glasgow (United Kingdom) with my new work and I cannot register the car here, as it is made for USA, according to USA standards. So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast(I already made a deposit here to buy me another).
My final price is $4000. I already have tons of emails so I hope you understand that I need to sort them out. I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions.
Thank you.

P.S. If you are decided to buy it, I can make a private auction just for you on eBay so you can purchase it there. That way you will receive assistance for the purchase, paperwork, title transfer and an extended warranty. They also are guaranteeing purchases up to 50.000 so we will both be protected.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird one I saw today:
I am an oceanographer and am currently on the sea at the moment, i am
buying the item as a gift for my dad,i want to make it a surprise gift for
him,he won't know anything about the gift until they get delivered to
him.So i want you to reassure me that the item is in good condition as you
have described. I can only pay through PayPal. So please kindly get back to
immediately so i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has
been done,i have a pick up agent that will come around to pick the Item up
immediately after payments.......Get back to me with your direct email
address and your phone number so i can contact your directly.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more

Quote:
Hello,
This 1972 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon westfalia, with 175,001 miles, runs and drives excellent. Hasn't been involved in any accident. It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title. I bought it when i was serving in Naval Base Point Loma, in San Diego, CA and now I am in London, UK.
I have dropped my price to $2,300 usd (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before June 30, when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your; Full Name and Shipping Address to open a case with eBay they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. You'll receive important guidelines and payment instructions from them.
The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle.
In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Quote:
Hello again,
As I've told you at this moment I am in in Great Falls, MT in a military base getting ready for Afghanistan. This means that I do a special training program and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The shipping won't be a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. You will receive the vehicle along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, full service records and more .Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third party like eBay, using their Business Purchase Protection Program. The payment will be handling by eBay and you will benefit of 5 days inspection time period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the vehicle on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info and they will notify you about our deal.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent one, pretty similar to the above

Quote:
Hi,
I am selling this van because my unit has been sent back to Afghanistan and don't want it get old in my backyard.
It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident.I do have the title, clear, under my name.The van has 32,550 miles, year 1970.
It is still and the price is $2,850. The van is in Miami,FL, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Thank you

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scam email sent to wanted ads

Quote:
i have a XXXX in an excellent condition. let me know if you still want to purchase it.

XXX being whatever you had a wanted ad for, of course.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a bunch of cars listed in the past couple of days for $9950.

This may be a new price the scammers use.

The vehicles shown were $25K-$75K vehicles so obviously scams.

75% of the scam ads were auto-deleted but a few were on the site for hours before they were caught, deleted, and everyone who contacted them notified that it was a scam.

Just a reminder: If you suspect an ad is a scam, hit report and select the "ad is a scam..." reason from the dropdown. It helps us clean them up more quickly.

These 2 cars are Scams:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a bunch of cars listed in the past couple of days where the seller is stating "TEXT ONLY" with a phone #.

Email contact is turned off in the ad.

This is a new scheme the scammers use.

Most of these ads were clearly scams as the cars that were posted look restored or very nice but are often listed at low prices like $2800, $2400, $1500, or $1200. Most of them have photos stolen from other web sites like eBay or oldbug.com

If you suspect an ad is a scam, hit report and select the "ad is a scam..." reason from the dropdown. It helps us clean them up more quickly.

Also:
A few people have reported to that scammers have been contacting them by text only.

How long have you been using it, why are you selling it and I can't make it there with cash, due to the nature of my job, I can only pay through Paypal, am verified Paypal member. The shipper will take care of the picking up after you got your payment.

Last edited by EverettB on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:17 pm; edited 7 times in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - Over the past couple weeks, there has been an abnormal number of water-cooled (Rabbit/Jetta/Passat/Caddy/etc) ads that are scam ads.

Often these car are NOT in the water-cooled section of the site as I think the scammers don't know what is a water-cooled VW.

So be on the lookout and please hit Report on any vehicle ad that you suspect to be a scam ad.

Thank you.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message I received from a site visitor today regarding fake checks from a company called General Formulations:

Quote:
The checks will come from a company named General Formulations which is a real entity. I believe that their identity has been stolen.

I have already contacted the Attorney General of Michigan.

If anyone receives a check from General Formulations, DO NOT cash the check. Send them to the Attorney General in Michigan. It would appear that they send a check in excess of the item that they are going to purchase in hope that the individual will cash the check.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since late 2014 there have been some scam ads where the seller is sending out photoshopped titles, often using an Ohio or CA title that has been photo shopped.

Example:

The Price / Tax / Date Issued line is the correct font and is original.
The other text is photoshopped.

Real Ohio title example - look familiar? Note same Price / Tax / Date Issued text, among other things.

CA fake title example, used by several scammers in the past with the name/address changed as needed:

Last edited by EverettB on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: