Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine Heat & tune up
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
halfgut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Engine Heat & tune up Reply with quote

I've been doing a tune up on my Thing and as I was starting and stopping the engine over a ten minute stretch I noticed that the right side of the exhaust (cylinders 1&2) were heating up but the exhaust on the left side was stone cold even though exhaust was flowing normal out of each tail pipe. Is this how it's supposed to be or is something wrong.

Part 2 - I took off the flat "catalytic" converter box and now have two open tubes that used to run to the box (one comes from the exhaust and one runs up to what looks like a vacuum valve on the carb. Should I cap them or do they need to be capped?

Part 3 - can anyone give me the part numbers for the rotor, cap and points? I ordered them locally and they don't fit.
Towel Rail
Horizontally Opposed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the stock distributor:

Condensor: 02 054
Rotor: 04 033
Cap: 03 010

It helps a lot when you can go to the store with these numbers in hand. Cool

049 > 070 > 053 > 009
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts can get switched over the years so I'd check and see what dist you have before ordering parts.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gfw1985
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned a long time ago to take your old parts with you if possible. that way you know they will fit. Stuff gets changed after 30 years.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: