Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

kadron flooding. help
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki475
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: kadron flooding. help Reply with quote

im tuning my 1915cc with 44 kadrons. when i got home today i heard bubbling coming from one carb after i shut the engine off. looked down it and saw gas dripping down. i could hear it in the other carb as well but not nearly as bad. what causes flooding after the engine is off? float bowl level maybe? or the accel pump adjustment? its my daily driver so its a pressing issue for me. any input is appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DesertBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a stock or electric fuel pump?

74 Super Beetle (German Look Project)
Full Flow 1776 with 36 Dells, 4 wheel drilled and slotted disc brakes, Porsche 7x17 Turbo Twists, Topline Maxx Struts, Camber kit, 7/8" Front Sway bar, Rear Sway bar, Urethane bushings all around.
sturgeongeneral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either too much fuel pressure, bad needle valves, incorrect float level settings.
My fiberglass car collection!

In honor of bowtie56jw:Another victim of the nasty "C" Praying for ya Jeff!

My exwife said if I towed home one more bug she would leave me. You know, every once in a while I miss her
loki475
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stock pump. this engine was installed by a vw shop a few weeks ago and they did a sub-par job. i can see the gas isn't coming from the accel tube in the carb throat, but it is pooling up on the butterfly and making a bubbling sound. the bubbling sound is what first grabbed my attention (that and hard starting). after i shut off the engine i can hear it strong from one carb, but only a little or not at all from the other carb. im leaning towards float level since the carbs were installed recently. im buying a fuel pressure gauge now and the needles should be fine since they're brand new carbs (i would think anyways, i'll check into it to be sure)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other place it will come from is the auxiliary venturi. This is typically due to incorrect float settings, or a problem with the inlet valve, or excessive fuel pressure forcing the inlets open. Definitely measure the output pressure of the pump, and the pressure after shutoff. The rotary ones regulated at 3.5 psi are great pumps for almost any setup on these engines. They never over pressure like that, they are quiet and have a smooth output.
loki475
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was the fuel pressure. couple of gaskets took care of that.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki475 wrote:
it was the fuel pressure. couple of gaskets took care of that.
.............................................................................................................. i have a set of 44s on my buggy ...i had the same thing happen to me that happend to you ..i found out that the stock fuel pump put out 6 lbs of fuel pressure ..way to much for the 44s .... i tryed the gasketts under the fuel pump ....did not change the fuel pressure that much ... the pump still put out 5 1/2 lbs...i had to go to a fuel reg. i run 2 lbs and boy did it wake up the 44s .. the buggy runs so much better ... spencerfvee
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: