Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwuguy - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased item: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1285566 on May 14, 2012. I read through the item description several times which lead me to believe:
1. The seller owns the item
2. The seller can physically see the condition of the item and has provided an accurate description and photos of the condition
3. The seller will ship the item ASAP (I typically put that into 5-7 Business day shipping date, worse case scenario)

In my request for more information on the product the seller sent me this info:
Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for your interest in the lights. I will include the bulb holders brackets and other parts. Everything will be there to install them. To puRchase just send paypal $359 to [email protected]. THAT IS [email protected] aand i`ll ship it out asap.
thanks
erb

I sent payment without any haggling over price as I need these to finish up a project.

The seller's following communication:
Quote:
I received the payment I'll get them out to you in the next couple weeks..

My first red flag- He sounds a bit uncertain about when they'll actually go out. "next couple weeks"

May 23rd, 2012 I emailed to check on the status and his reply:
Quote:
waiting for new lenses to come in the mail as i want them to be perfect...

My response: Okay, I wasn't aware that was part of the process... Any idea how long that might take?

Chris

Seller:
Quote:
i ordered them the day after you paid I think it will be a week .

I can see where this is headed and immediately requested a refund. I have not hear back from the seller yet.

Facts
1. The seller is describing and item that is not physically in his possession
2. The seller is posting photo's of an item that are not the actual item being sold
3. The seller is outsourcing parts to make the item complete on the buyers time and money
4. The seller has no absolute time-frame in regard to shipping.

ASAP in his world could potentially be infinity as he is ordering and waiting on parts. Parts that he used my honest and hard earned money to order from only God knows where... If I wanted to order parts from Argentina or Europe, I could have done so myself.

Completely unacceptable and deceitful.

My request for a full refund has been filed based on the above facts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chris R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seller still has my $359 and I've got nothing from him.

Erb, please, as requested... Send me my money back. When you actually have something to sell, post real pictures of it. Give real descriptions and actual shipping details. Do everyone a favor and be honest.

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: CHRIS Reply with quote

I purchased item: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1285566 on May 14, 2012. I read through the item description several times which lead me to believe:
1. The seller owns the item
which i do
2. The seller can physically see the condition of the item and has provided an accurate description and photos of the condition
I did so in the ad
3. The seller will ship the item ASAP (I typically put that into 5-7 Business day shipping date, worse case scenario)
I do ship the items promptly after i receive the cash in my bank account I mean i can't ship it without the money..He used paypal so this took a little longer. he never askjed for tracking though on the item either just snail mail..

In my request for more information on the product the seller sent me this info:
Quote:
erb
It was definately a sweet deal as the brackets are like $30 themselves and the ww lights are about 250 and the sbl17 lenses run about 150 with shipping

I sent payment without any haggling over price as I need these to finish up a project.

The seller's following communication:
Quote:
I received the payment I'll get them out to you in the next couple weeks..

My first red flag- He sounds a bit uncertain about when they'll actually go out. "next couple weeks"
this is hobby i do ship things promptly not allways right away though i do have to work several jobs , do home stuff and other things including driving to the post office for you..but i normally get things out promptly everything allways makes it there where ever there is as i've sent many items everywhere, japan, australia, europe, argentina, brazil, california , even india... Canada post kicks ass..thats all i can say..

May 23rd, 2012 I emailed to check on the status and his reply:
Quote:
waiting for new lenses to come in the mail as i want them to be perfect...

Somehow the lights when i was packaging it got scratched somehow since i posted the ad. I opted to rather just buy a new lense for the customer then send a bad product.
i was just being a pretty cool seller to buy new lenses just becuase there was a scratch in the old lenses and install them in the bezels and toss the old lenses. A perfectly justified thing to do

My response: Okay, I wasn't aware that was part of the process... Any idea how long that might take?
I was waiting for the lense and was going to ship the renewed item in a few weeks. I'd rather send a good item than refund you for an item sent that is not as good as described in the ad

thanks chris for your reply it was very informative showing that if you buy from me and i don't think the item is as described in the ad when i check it before shipping. I'll go out of my way to make sure it is better than you wanted.

I can see where this is headed and immediately requested a refund. I have not hear back from the seller yet.
He received a full refund

Facts
1. The seller is describing and item that is not physically in his possession
yes they are
2. The seller is posting photo's of an item that are not the actual item being sold
it was this particular item as described
3. The seller is outsourcing parts to make the item complete on the buyers time and money
I ordered new lenses as the one on the item was scratched when i packaged it..and the buyer seemed to freak out aFTER I TOLD HIM i ordered new lenses for it.
4. The seller has no absolute time-frame in regard to shipping.
about 4-6 weeks normally
ASAP in his world could potentially be infinity as he is ordering and waiting on parts. Parts that he used my honest and hard earned money to order from only God knows where... If I wanted to order parts from Argentina or Europe, I could have done so myself.
-->I sold a lot of stuff on the internet and my items almost allways get where its going. how many parts has chris sold on the internet?

Completely unacceptable and deceitful.
-->only you chris are that way as you write the above description
My request for a full refund has been filed based on the above facts.
He was fully refunded as asked..?I kept the lights. I changed the ad to made to order as i can do so if you want or those old lights i may still sell..
Chris R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, After all of this, the seller has refunded my money.

I would NOT make another transaction with this seller and suggest anyone considering doing so layout the details of your transaction prior to giving him your money.
Murafrombrazil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good communication makes also a smooth transation

Tks
AJack500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Communication and made international shipping really easy!!!
Thanks!!!
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found some parts for me I was searching for and gave me a good price
thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Muthashabubu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some interior bus panels from Erb. Everything was packaged really well for such large, fragile items.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: BUYERS Reply with quote

Just wanted to thank all those that bought from me past and present and future you are amazing. I've sent stuff everywhere all over the place its astonishing how the internet works. Thesamba is amazing helping save the planet and putting things to use all over the place.. Thanks for being patient and for your kind words on vws. Also like to thanks those who traded parts with me.
If you need advice just ask i'm allways into talking about vws. I've had many a baywindow, a splitty westy, a bay dorm, a 78 westy , a 61 bug, sand many more..
unfortunately due to several complaints and scammers recently I added a fee for tracking on shipping for items that are under $100 in total value with shipping included.
If an items total value with shipping is $100 it includes tracking otherwise it does not unless you specify you want tracking and pay the additional fee.
This is to keep the shipping and price of items comparably priced to fellow samba enthusiasts.
thanks erb
Soul Built
Pimpin' Aint Easy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a light from Erb. He was very considerate and did his best to try to use his resources to help me find a few missing pieces. Although his shipping isn't lightining fast, he is responsible and the item arrived just as described with secure packaging.
CHERRY'S
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: thanks Erwin Schouten Reply with quote

thanks Erwin Schouten
for the pieces BEST SELLER!!

A+++
10+++

I bought from him front of so42 rear facing seat bus 62$ in pieces!!!

FANTASTIC COMUNICATION!!!
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: myo3yellow Reply with quote

my03yellowv wrote:
Negative No refund was ever offered or given... I would love to send you the muffler back please send me you info where I should return the item.

We ended up working something out and I ended up with the muffler back and him his cash and i used it to fix someones bus locally
thanks
vwbgisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: vwuguy -> Erb. I Got the latch ok. Reply with quote

You sure treated me right, friend. Cool Got that latch right away. Great doin' business with you. I'll recommend your service & business to anyone anywhere. Have a great life, man. Peace & happiness. BG.
alct1972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: speakers Reply with quote

Just want to say thanks Erb for the deal on the speakers.
Al
transportertalkman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: tjnsb Reply with quote

vwuguy wrote:
The better condition ski rack and the mirror were free as he was fully refunded even shipping costs

Thought you didn't give refunds?
1963 Ghia convertible
1964 Westfalia SO34
1967 Riviera Camper
IloveMyBay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Great Customer!!! Reply with quote

This was an awesome transaction from an awesome buyer! Payment was clean, no annoying emails harassing us where the order was…truly a great VW enthusiast with a great method of purchasing online! We really wish more buyers were this easy! Would definitely do business again with this buyer! Thanks again for the patronage and check back often! Much appreciated, Vintage V-Dubs.
Ptigrou76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Good customer Reply with quote

Very good and fast transaction for France, parts and packing in good quality. Thanks much Erb !!
Wink
wny72westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My communication of an attempted transaction with vwuguy, copied and pasted. The only change I made was bolding message text to make it easier to follow.

Erb S <[email protected]>
Aug 5 (12 days ago)

to me
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your interest in the steering wheel. The current highest offer on the wheel is $95 including shipping. I'm selling it to the highest offer today. if you want to buy it i'll take $100 for it and its yours.
To purchase send $100 to [email protected] and i'll send it out asap.
thanks erb

Aug 5 (12 days ago)

to me
oh yeah and my paypal address is [email protected] (has 2u's don't spell it wrong )
[email protected]

Aug 6 (11 days ago)

to me
Hi Andrew,
The dude who was going to show up and give me $95 for the wheel has not done so and I've been waiting since yesterday on him so the wheels yours if you want it for $75
just send $75 to [email protected] and i'll ship it out asap.
thanks

Andrew Byrne <[email protected]>
Aug 6 (11 days ago)

to Erb
Payment sent. Thank you.

Erb S
Aug 6 (11 days ago)

to me
thanks i'll get the wheel out asap.

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 17:13:50 -0400

Subject: RE: TheSamba.com Ad - really nice original baywindow bus steering wheel
To: [email protected]

Aug 15 (2 days ago)

to Erb
Hello
I just wanted to check in and see if you have shipped out the wheel yet, and if so, if there is a tracking number.
Thank you,
Andrew Byrne

Erb S
Aug 16 (1 day ago)

to me
not yet still had to use it on my bus to move the steering wheel around .. I'll be shipping shortly though.

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:16:34 -0400
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - really nice original baywindow bus steering wheel

Aug 16 (1 day ago)

to Erb
When do you expect to ship it out? I sent a payment 10 days ago with the understanding that it would be shipped promptly. Please let me know when I can expect to receive the steering wheel.

Erb S
3:12 PM (22 hours ago)

to me
ok i'll refund you if your going to be an ass about it..and aren't goiong to be pateiunet man i'm only one guy and have 200 orders a week to do i'm to get to everyones but man you just gotta be a little patient I said as soon as possible will its not possible yet as i'm still trying to package all the other items I need to ship so please be patient or
i'll just refund you
thankj you
have a grateful day erb

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:01:30 -0400

3:16 PM (21 hours ago)

to Erb
I will accept your offer of a refund.
Thank you.

Erb S
3:20 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
have fun finding a nice wheel for $40

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:16:20 -0400

Erb S
3:25 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
I'm just kinda busy otherwise I would have sent it right away that's why it was $75 including shipping instead of $150 including shipping

Message to sellers: Don't create a for sale ad for an item you aren't able to sell yet!

Sadly, this is the first bad transaction experience I have had here on thesamba.com

The steering wheel is now listed for twice the price it was originally listed for ($75):
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1509017

He responded to simple questions with cursing and aggression, which are two tactics I do not appreciate during a transaction. I cannot recommend doing business with vwuguy.

Edit: I encourage anybody considering doing business with vwuguy to take a look at the post counts of many of the posters of positive feedback in this thread. When several of them have only made 1 post, and others have only ever responded to sellers with similarly mixed feedback, it seems a little suspicious.
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My communication of an attempted transaction with vwuguy, copied and pasted. The only change I made was bolding message text to make it easier to follow.

Aug 5 (12 days ago)

to me
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your interest in the steering wheel. The current highest offer on the wheel is $95 including shipping. I'm selling it to the highest offer today. if you want to buy it i'll take $100 for it and its yours.
To purchase send $100 to [email protected] and i'll send it out asap.
thanks erb

Aug 5 (12 days ago)

to me
oh yeah and my paypal address is [email protected] (has 2u's don't spell it wrong )
[email protected]

Aug 6 (11 days ago)

to me
Hi Andrew,
The dude who was going to show up and give me $95 for the wheel has not done so and I've been waiting since yesterday on him so the wheels yours if you want it for $75
just send $75 to [email protected] and i'll ship it out asap.
thanks

(that is $75 including shipping so $40+the $35 estimated shipping most likely more it worked out to like 48.95 in shipping and the buyer refused to pay anymore for the wheel when all other wheels on thesamba in similar condition were over $75+shipping)

Aug 6 (11 days ago)

to Erb
Payment sent. Thank you.

(I didn't get a payment till 8 days later at least it didn't show up in my paypal account till then.)

Erb S
Aug 6 (11 days ago)

to me
thanks i'll get the wheel out asap.

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 17:13:50 -0400

Subject: RE: TheSamba.com Ad - really nice original baywindow bus steering wheel
To: [email protected]

Aug 15 (2 days ago)

to Erb
Hello
I just wanted to check in and see if you have shipped out the wheel yet, and if so, if there is a tracking number.
Thank you,
Andrew Byrne

Erb S
Aug 16 (1 day ago)

to me
not yet still had to use it on my bus to move the steering wheel around .. I'll be shipping shortly though. I think this might have been a major miscommunication here.
I was just joking in saying that didn't think he'd take that seriously.

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:16:34 -0400
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - really nice original baywindow bus steering wheel

Aug 16 (1 day ago)

to Erb
When do you expect to ship it out? I sent a payment 10 days ago with the understanding that it would be shipped promptly. Please let me know when I can expect to receive the steering wheel.

(he obviuosly did not read the bottem of all my ads)

Erb S
3:12 PM (22 hours ago)

to me
ok i'll refund you if your going to be an ass about it and are not going to be patient. Man, i'm only one guy and have 200 orders a week
(that was obviously over exagerated I have to work take care of the house and go to other things to I'm a busy guy sometimes just like it said in my previous feedback)
to do i'm to get to everyones but man you just gotta be a little patient I said as soon as possible will its not possible yet as i'm still trying to package all the other items I need to ship so please be patient or i'll just refund you
thank you
have a grateful day erb
( i was giving him a super deal on it so need to rush me it is a hobby after all not a job i'm not a shop this is my hobby as soon as it possible to ship it normally shipped within a week it allways gets there)

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:01:30 -0400

3:16 PM (21 hours ago)

to Erb
I will accept your offer of a refund.
Thank you.
(i gladly refunded him since he obviously just wanted to harass me to send this thing quicker.. and since he has no classified ads on the samba i wonder if he has idea what its like to sell stuff online)

Erb S
3:20 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
have fun finding a nice wheel for $40

i was just stating a fact I'm sure he is a cool dude though

Erb S
3:25 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
I'm just kinda busy otherwise I would have sent it right away that's why it was $75 including shipping instead of $150 including shipping

Message to sellers: Don't create a for sale ad for an item you aren't able to sell yet!
I was able to sell just not in a big rush like him

Sadly, this is the first bad transaction experience I have had here on thesamba.com

The steering wheel is now listed for twice the price it was originally listed for ($75): actually it was listed for $100 including shipping and you convinced me to sell it for $75 including shipping originally so you are wrong there too but if you want to be an ass thats ok with me person who does not sell items on thesamba
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1509017
(yeah if you wanted it shipped today it takes extra money)

He responded to simple questions with cursing and aggression, which are two tactics I do not appreciate during a transaction. I cannot recommend doing business with vwuguy.
If you deal with this buyer wny72westy I don;t think you sell anything to this buyer since he obviusly is going to turn it on around on you and try to screw you what an ass

Edit: I encourage anybody considering doing business with vwuguy to take a look at the post counts of many of the posters of positive feedback in this thread. When several of them have only made 1 post, and others have only ever responded to sellers with similarly mixed feedback, it seems a little suspicious.

i don't really ask for feedback you just know that you get a great a deal on your parts here and it makes it there and lots of tough to find parts are here.. I guess if i relied on your guys feedback i could ask for it but you know i'm good for it..

I'm glad to have refunded you as you asked i guess if you really wanted one day shipping as it says in my account you could have sent the extra $ for one day shipping and asked for it
thanks that guy rocks
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: wheel Reply with quote

also the wheel was relisted with one day shipping thats why its $150 shipped instead of the original $100 shipped
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: