Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just wanted to show my new project
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
68Bugged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Just wanted to show my new project Reply with quote

Hello. I am new to the forum and also knew to Bugs. I have wanted one for about 15 years but they are always either so far past repair or so far past my price range. Well I found this 1968 Beetle the other day. I am only the second owner of the car. The original owner died a year ago and I bought it from his son. It has 70K original miles on it. It is a autostick, runs good. Great interior but the outside has some rust. I want to make a volksrod from it although I want to keep the motor and interior stock. But I want to fix the rust take the fenders of big wheels in the back small in the front.. And some other stuff. I will be asking a ton of questions and I thank everyone for the help in advance. I have always wanted a beetle since I was 15 but I still dont know much about them....And without further ado here she is. I waited 15 years for her so please dont bash her to bad.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Kman07
Samba Secret Service

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story of it sounds very simaller to mine...weird. Wink

layinrocker67 wrote:
does anyone one this site ever help anyone or do you all just talk shit
buggpower
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool bug, the guys over on www.volksrods.com will help you more on the volksrod look since you say your going that route, but the guys over here on this forum are more into the stockish/custom perf. look but there alot of help. Very Happy
Over on volksrod theres a guy called tinbeater, he makes a kit for the front of the bug, it extends your wheels out 8,10 or 12" forward, of course the front apron has to be removed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/bigguy/avatars/150_tits1.gif
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: