Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Riviera campers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
magiceddie88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

I'm amazed by everyone here with vehicles coming up on or has now past 50 years old! Now that's something to be proud of!

I recently came across a Rivi tent. And never came across a specific post concerning these great assessories! Did all Rivi's come with a tent? Or was this an option they would add? -adding the runner strip along the roof line? Anyways to gather into one place here's what I found digging through here of the O.E.M. awning / tent.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Instagram: Magiceddielive
Drive alive
Enthusiast-would be an understatement.
...Air-cooled by SummerFroze by Winter...
www.arcticaircooledvws.com
Wild Bill wrote:
"Life In the FAST LANE". What the Hell does that feel like?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
arthurnugen
Samba Member

Location: The PNW, where "going green" means rolling with moss.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Nice tent! My '65 did not have the roof attachment nor holes where it would have been, so I don't think it came with one. I did make a Westy-style tent for it that works great.

Arthur

zozo wrote:
Don't worry too much. You can always trust a lawyer.

ALWAYS WEAR STEEL-TOE BOOTS IN THE GARAGE!
1965 Bus (Riviera camper)
1972 Bug 'vert
1967 Bug sunroof
1961 Ghia 'vert
1957 DKW 3=6: 3 cylinder 2 stroke!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
magiceddie88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Adding another Rivera pattern tent for the Record sent to me by Danny Byers from the PNW! Thanks Danny, knowledge is power!

Instagram: Magiceddielive
Drive alive
Enthusiast-would be an understatement.
...Air-cooled by SummerFroze by Winter...
www.arcticaircooledvws.com
Wild Bill wrote:
"Life In the FAST LANE". What the Hell does that feel like?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1962ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Does anyone have a pattern or measurements for the Rivi tents? Since finding one is difficult at best, I'd try making one for my "66.
Sniperx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

HA!!!!

I KNEW I WASN'T THE ONLY POP TOP RIVIERA!!!!!

Mine:

No one over here in Japan believes me that the Riviera was offered with a pop top...
imtb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Here is mine,
Jarret Vaughn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Glad I came across this forum devoted to the orphan campers. There's always been contradiction to which one I actually have. I've owned this bus for many years and it does have a long picture window with the exception of Jaloisie on the ends.
It's a 1963 later w/ innie vents. If I remember correctly it was originally delivered into Chicago made its way up to Washington and it was converted to supposedly a Riviera.
I've only seen one other bus with these windows and it was mentioned it was not a Riviera, but in text I read where they had this one as an option.
I received it with no interior and I have put in a Westy camper interior and I'm debating on what type of side windows to put back into the panel doors which are uncut at this moment. Although I like it for camping as far as it is a lot darker without. I've got the ability to purchase a set of sliding camper windows, but considered getting a set of jalousie.
Any thoughts?

1963 camper sportmobile
1973 Thing
1969 Ghia
78' sick ass shovelhead
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

I would have a really hard time cutting windows into good panel doors. Try to find some kombi doors or panel doors that hvae already been cut. Somebody would be very happy to have uncut doors.

I doubt that is a Riviera window, but that's only a guess.
Jarret Vaughn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

I do have an extra set of kombi doors of that I can actually use. I've been told it might be a sports Mobile and I feel it's closer to Riviera as far as the long picture window, but I've only seen in one place where they mentioned having/crank out windows.

1963 camper sportmobile
1973 Thing
1969 Ghia
78' sick ass shovelhead
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
samotorsport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

So mine is a 1962 model , built in june 1963 , straight to L.A , then in 2004 over to the UK , and for 3 weeks now in Luxembourg.
Far from beeing original but I love it.
For the moment i am rebuilding the engine , the steering box raise , and updating the gearbox. All new brakes , including CSP disc brakes in the front.
By the way , here name is Doris Wink

imtb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Another pic,

Baird Brown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

I am new to this forum for the Riviera Campers. I recently purchased a really nice 1963 Riviera Camper and just love it. It has joined two other vehicles in my collection for my grandsons some day to carry on the VW legacy. I realize "Beatrice" was originally all white, but I must say I do enjoy the "Little Miss Sunshine" yellow. The interior is all original (including the vinyl) and is in a very mint condition. I was lucky to find Beatrice and I know the seller hated to part with her. She is super nice to drive and enjoy.

I have so enjoyed going back in time in the other posts to learn a bit about the legend of the Riviera Campers. Thanks to everyone who has posted previously to this forum. The posts have been a tremendous help. I am also posting a photo of the other two vehicles I have collected, along with Beatrice. I am blessed!

BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

You aren't kidding, that interior is mint. Amazing condition of the finish and wood. It looks brand new.
Baird Brown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

There are only 118K original miles which is not too bad for a 54 year old vehicle. The interior is original and mint. It has been in about 15 or so different states. As they say "I am a happy camper".
derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattoreg wrote:
Here's my camper, I think it's a riviera, but I'm not totally sure...

I've since replaced the mirrors and mirror arms with small round type.

Hello all, is that a Riveria interior? I am trying to find information on Riveria campers. When did they start making vw bus campers? I have a Jan 1962 camper that is pretty much original inside/out and too early to be a sundial. It's either EZ or Riveria. I dont see similar interior except for this one? Specifically, the z bed, being made of hinges and the wood slots on the side acting as guide for the bed slide thru into the bed.

unclespanky wrote:
Piercy could dip those wheel cylinders between his cheek and gums and spit them out rebuilt.

Check us out @
Instagram: DeafVolks & BarndoorBuggy
jvogen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Here's my 66 Rivi I got from Danny Beyers last year. We drove it from Portland OR to Austin TX with almost no issues. It has since been converted to 12v, original engine was rebuilt, safaris added, and original paint buffed out. This bus is super complete, only missing a small table I think. Has the original tent (which I was told has only been up a couple times) and the elusive table lamp lenses.

65 Panel
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Damn nice Riviera. I would call that perfectly imperfect.
jvogen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Thanks. It's a survivor for sure. Just needed a little cleaning.
65 Panel
jvogen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

Finally got my small side table back from "storage". I was worried I'd never see it again and that I'd never find one to replace it.

65 Panel
silkvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera campers Reply with quote

jvogen wrote:
Here's my 66 Rivi I got from Danny Beyers last year. We drove it from Portland OR to Austin TX with almost no issues. It has since been converted to 12v, original engine was rebuilt, safaris added, and original paint buffed out. This bus is super complete, only missing a small table I think. Has the original tent (which I was told has only been up a couple times) and the elusive table lamp lenses.

Looks great! I hope to see it this Sat. at the winter cruise.

I like the 360 bridge photo.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=641871&highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: