Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skylerdidit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy Reply with quote

I recently acquired this Bus Awning that has been attic stored for the past 30 years. The guys I got it from said he bought it at a VW show in hopes to buy a bus down the road and that never happened. I'm struggling to identify it or find examples of one like it. It's thick canvas, very well made and in excellent condition. Came with the original polls and a set of aftermarket poles too. Weather has been to crappy to set it up yet but still want to know more. Any info would be great!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1964 Notchback
1966 Bug
1969 Bay Window Bus
rking6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy Reply with quote

Wow !! Great score !! What do the poles look like ?? I have a 1963 EZ that came with a set that look alot like yours.. Post a picture of the poles out of the bag..Nice Job ! Bob
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy Reply with quote

I am looking for an awning for a ‘63 sundial. If that is what you have I would happily trade for a bay window big top tent in excellent condition which would be way easier for you to sell.....
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy Reply with quote

Great grab, congrats!
put-put...whee!!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy Reply with quote

I have a twin to that tent. Same red/white with fringe. It was in a '63 Caravelle camper bus in near unused condition.
65 Riviera
66 Deluxe
67 SO-42
skylerdidit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy Reply with quote

joe cool wrote:
I am looking for an awning for a ‘63 sundial. If that is what you have I would happily trade for a bay window big top tent in excellent condition which would be way easier for you to sell.....

sorry, not interested in trading. I might consider selling it but someone would really have to want it more than I do.
1964 Notchback
1966 Bug
1969 Bay Window Bus
skylerdidit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy Reply with quote

put-put...whee!! wrote:
I have a twin to that tent. Same red/white with fringe. It was in a '63 Caravelle camper bus in near unused condition.

do you have pictures?? please post up if you do!
1964 Notchback
1966 Bug
1969 Bay Window Bus
rking6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Recently Acquired Attic Find Awning/Canopy Reply with quote

Show the poles assembled.. That will show how they attach to a Caravelle Bus.. Thanks,,,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: