Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things your van did recently
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: First camping, SW BC on long weekend Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: First camping, SW BC on long weekend Reply with quote

gwk wrote:

Niiiiiiice! Wink
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooby took me on a 3 hr return trip today as a shakedown cruise and it all went beautifully. It still likes cruising at 110 to 120 kph but I frequently slowed it down to enjoy the drive and jazz. If it isn't sold by end of June then I'll probably drive to the Cdn Maritimes. Last weekend had 3 requests for test drives and a winery interested but alas the van wasn't fixed. Now it's all fixed up and it was a beautiful trip. Nulle Secundus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a few cub scouts to the Massachusetts Inter Tribal Pow Wow today. They got to learn about Native American culture and dance to some great drummer groups.

The VW got just as many questions as the Cubbies did.

Great day!

LP
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gwk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: New spot to try. Just west of Banff Reply with quote

New paint on front grills, back grills, Krylon plastic, and chromed spray the VW symbol. Sitting by the fire

flomulgator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a couple weeks ago but hey I figured someone out there needs some Friday afternoon inspiration to go take a trip in their van:

Respiratuer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made our way from Portland to Petaluma and back up the coast. 1200 mile round trip with no issues. Favorite camp site was Gold Bluff Campground in Prairie Creek Redwood State Park. A non reservable campground right on the beach (at the end of a 6 mile gravel road).

uncommonvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my kids to the June Jitterbug VW show in Niagara Falls, ON on Sunday. I recommend this show to anyone.

My Westy had been performing great for all our little trips this year but decided to mark it's spot with a big coolant shower as soon as I pulled in to park it for the show. Embarassed

It came out on the side where the expansion tank is. All the hoses look good so I'm assuming it was either the cap or the tank? I loosened the cap a bit and drove it home fine, no overheating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kylo Rich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Today... Reply with quote

Hey buddy, love all the pics. I also have an Orange Westy and just love her (Adeline). Cheers!

msinabottle wrote:
Today was a full day with Winston, the weather was very nice and we took advantage of it...
Skip Laubach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Off Loading in Ludington, Michigan Reply with quote

27 June 2014
Manitowoc, WI to Ludington, MI, off-loading at 6 am.

The valet did a nice job with the 4 speed manual.

Another crew member told me a story of his days in a converted school bus road-tripping the western states...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drove a bunch of yahoos up to Red Rocks for Widespread Panic all weekend. Got to hang out with FrankenSubySyncro on Friday night, and SoonerDave DD'd us home last night!

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheRealSean
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best seat in the house!
oldhuldy67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "'possum" is at Carter's Lake in north GA...
There are 42 camping sites here in this small, Army Corp of Engineer camp site ($12 a night with the senior pass). There is only one bath/restroom and it is closer to the higher# sites. We had the good fortune of using our own camp-potty for those middle of the night and early morning personal necessities
We were up in #4, #6 is just below us and has deep shade all day and is very, very private with a great lake view... I was told to make reservations in November to get the ones you want.
The higher #s down below more or less on the water, which we were told, were a little bit "rowdy" on holidays. Now, in case you had the great misfortune to grow up someplace else, .that's a southern euphemism for what is commonly known as " drunk and disorderly conduct" ..where I come from..but, we had full hookups and an outdoor shower to cool down..the ADD-a-ROOM was problematic, greatly limiting ventilation at the hatch and holds the heat when fully enclosed, The screen is so fine as to limit air flow. The bugs like to hang out in it, too. BUT, the view from the ZODI shower was very, very cool. I am honing to have to rethink the shower facilities. Speaking of cool..Camping AC is definitely next on the list, let me tell you, it was toasty. It was breezy and the morning cool breezes were few but welcome..And, we were unprepared for.the hoards of no-see-ums..much, MUCH more lethal measures will be developed..hopefully, as we become more camp savy.

Cloudland Canyon in the dead of winter ...Carter's Lake in the dead of summer. What a great country! HAPPY 4th of July to all!
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A busy day yesterday...

We took Lunes on a bike ride early in the morning, then to cars-n-coffee up the road in Lafayette to see all the beautiful new and old cars.

Later in the afternoon I finally tracked down a mysterious engine problem that had been bugging me for awhile: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7272629#7272629

In celebration, that evening we went off to our favorite overlook to stretch out in the back and watch the sunset, enjoying the quiet, the cool breeze and the view, while Luna-dog played in the tall grass

Cars and Coffee: some Italian iron wanting to be by someone's very nice SyncroWesty.

Tunes (the dog of many names) all tuckered out from her morning run and meeting all the other pups at cars and coffee...

Tallgrass prairie overlook, looking to the northwest towards Longs Peak and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park

Last edited by sanchius on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
ehoff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me to Pisgah National Forest in Asheville, NC for a serious mountain biking weekend.

Capped it all off with a Reggae Festival at Highlands Brewery. Applause

modjustin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice wedding weekend in Underhill, VT. Everyone was in tents, I was in this... I think I won.

It was right under the tallest peak in Vermont, incredibly gorgeous.
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

modjustin wrote:
Nice wedding weekend in Underhill, VT. Everyone was in tents, I was in this... I think I won.

Oohhh what brand are those chairs... I see they're different.. I know the blue ones I think.. Which brand do you prefer?
modjustin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back to some place with reception... Happy fourth everyone! my weekend on the southern tip of Indian Lake, NY.

modjustin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoustonPhotog wrote:
modjustin wrote:

Oohhh what brand are those chairs... I see they're different.. I know the blue ones I think.. Which brand do you prefer?

The empty blue one and red are mine, they're from ll bean, helinox (something close to that), they pack up super small and are very comfy. You can sit upright or slouch the night away. The one on the left belongs to the person sitting in it, don't know from where but very similar. My brother (the one sitting in the red chair) is a big bmw motorcycle guy, he said first thing he is going to do when he gets home is buying one, for motorcycle rallies.

And remember, ll bean has a no questions asked return policy for life. They're a little more pricey, but worth it.
LemonCove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Ruby Mountains Reply with quote

4th weekend in the Ruby Mountains, Northern Nevada

I got to meet Odamark and his Syncro at the campsite across from the Ruby Lake Natl. Wildlife area. Ask him about the fishing Very Happy

Lamoille Canyon was beautiful

The Ruby Valley:

Covered a lot of miles, many on very good dirt/gravel roads (keeps the campground from filling up).

Beautiful area, but hot (still cooler than Vegas!)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Jump to:
Page 35 of 89

Jump to: