Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bug Jam / TDTA
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scamutz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Bug Jam / TDTA Reply with quote

Well, I finally made it to Bug Jam...it's been the goal for the past 8 years since I've been working on Verna. She's still not completely finished...but she's close. Special Thanks to Tom Michel for organizing a great VW presence. There were about 20-25 Things at the show and I think 16 of us that caravanned in and were able to park together. More pics forthcoming. Check out the Thing Door Throughout America - Florida is well represented, and Tom has the door now, who's going to step up and take it around to the rest of the country???

Also, take a look at the abortion parked next to me...right out of Mad Max - it was possibly the most popular Thing at the show.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right On "UNTIL WE GET-ER DONE. any trolls lurking...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
npconnor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got anyone from Texas with that thur' door? Laughing

Looking forward to more pics...
181freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get that door to az and Ill roll it to the Classic next year..!
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling all TDTA door carriers. The door is on the move. Contact the carrier if you want to wear the door. Still have a few TDTA t-shirts if anyone wants one.. "Until we get it done" TDTA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Van-go108
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bug Jam / TDTA Reply with quote

I'm not sure about this one. Rolling Eyes
I put this pic and another pic from the "Gallery" in the "Bastard" category for a second opinion. Laughing

1973 Thing
1957 Continental Mark II Click to view image
FV195
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom had me take the door, so I have it. we are going to share it. he had so much stuff to load into his car, he didn't have room for the door, so I have it right now, we will get it as far as we can.
THOR
mattt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Awesome Mike!!! Nice to see it done and driving!......are they ever really "done"?
wings_n_fins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I return from this deployment, I think I'd like to take a crack at the TDTA. I think it'll be your only chance for ever getting GUAM on that door!
'09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Acetone Jack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the CHI-COM AK-47 rig is a nice touch.
Van-go108
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kubelmann wrote:
Calling all TDTA door carriers. The door is on the move. Contact the carrier if you want to wear the door. Still have a few TDTA t-shirts if anyone wants one.. "Until we get it done" TDTA

If southern New mexico comes close, PM me If I can help. I see Tx and Az. representin'. I go to El Paso and Tuscon often.

1973 Thing
1957 Continental Mark II Click to view image
ztnoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the horn tooting, flag waving, and chest thumping going on over this latest bit of news about TDTA, it seems one important fact has been conveniently overlooked. Now for the rest of the story.....
The door set for one year, unseen and unused by other Thingers, at the thread author's Wesley Chapel, FL residence.
The rules of the game supposedly obliged any recipient of the door to bear the expense of shipping the door to a new user if a face to face handoff didn't or couldn't take place.
The reality is neither occurred, so an entire year of door distribution and event participation by others was lost because of this participant's refusal to take on the financial obligations attendant with possessing the door, and/or, a total lack of interest and initiative in taking on the responsibility of arranging details and meeting up with others in a timely fashion to exchange the door ASAP.
With the lack of commitment displayed by the author to the project, and the lack of regard for implied obligations associated with participating in the event, it's not hard to see why this event is largely a dud.
Face painting at a four year old's birthday party is taken more seriously than this event has been.
Hopefully, now that The Door is elsewhere after a year of confinement, others will not repeat history.

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

When you put the 2 words "The" and "IRS" together it spells "Theirs"

* Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia !

Last edited by ztnoo on Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
scamutz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattt wrote:
Looks Awesome Mike!!! Nice to see it done and driving!......are they ever really "done"?

Thanks man - it was SO rewarding to actually get out and drive it after all this time.

The next move is going to be a heartbreaker - I'm going to have to list it for sale this week...the f'ing Real Estate market in Florida just killed me.
scamutz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wings_n_fins wrote:
After I return from this deployment, I think I'd like to take a crack at the TDTA. I think it'll be your only chance for ever getting GUAM on that door!

Nice! Make sure you hit Barney's, Wet Willie's, and Yokohama Massage for me...lol.

Semper Fi!
scamutz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a really cool guy and have a lot of friends...I'm honored to count myself one of them. I'm thankful for your contributions to the Thing community. I have yet to see a picture of your Thing though, could you please post it so that I can witness your genius in action?

ztnoo wrote:
With all the horn tooting, flag waving, and chest thumping going on over this latest bit of news about TDTA, it seems one important fact has been conveniently overlooked. Now for the rest of the story.....
The door set for one year, unseen and unused by other Thingers, at the thread author's Wesley Chapel, FL residence.
The rules of the game supposedly obliged any recipient of the door to bear the expense of shipping the door to a new user if a face to face handoff didn't or couldn't take place.
The reality is neither occurred, so an entire year of door distribution and event participation by others was lost because of this participant's refusal to take on the financial obligations attendant with possessing the door, and/or, a total lack of interest and initiative in taking on the responsibility of arranging details and meeting up with others in a timely fashion to exchange the door ASAP.
With the lack of commitment displayed by the author to the project, and the lack of regard for implied obligations associated with participating in the event, it's not hard to see why this event is largely a dud.
Face painting at a four year old's birthday party is taken more seriously than this event has been.
Hopefully, now that The Door is elsewhere after a year of confinement, others will not repeat history.

kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Push the tongue in the cheek a bit harder Mike. I loved the post. Right up my alley. Talk is cheap but getting aThing going to your dream state is a work of art and a joy (some) of us have experienced...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: