Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'74 porsche 914 subaru WRX engine swap
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtwrench540
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: 914 Reply with quote

wish that you could have experienced my 74 914 1.8!little bit of compression, chambers sfw cam,40 webers with velocity stacks,some judicious tuning!!! it was a sleeper!!!!you had 2 choices at stop lights,feather clutch, or 3500 rpm and smoke tires and car next to you!
87 wolfsberg,74 181w/1915 and lots of patina! learned to fix vw's from hot vw mag in 1964,VWOA instructor,DSM,69 to73,service mgr at different porsche-audi dealers etc,etc,now retired!!! first vw new 64,transplanted 356 eng in 65,400characters are not enough space!!
mtwrench540
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: 914 Reply with quote

wish that you could have experienced my 74 914 1.8!little bit of compression, chambers sfw cam,40 webers with velocity stacks,some judicious tuning!!! it was a sleeper!!!!you had 2 choices at stop lights,feather clutch, or 3500 rpm and smoke tires and car next to you!
87 wolfsberg,74 181w/1915 and lots of patina! learned to fix vw's from hot vw mag in 1964,VWOA instructor,DSM,69 to73,service mgr at different porsche-audi dealers etc,etc,now retired!!! first vw new 64,transplanted 356 eng in 65,400characters are not enough space!!
mtwrench540
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: 914 Reply with quote

FG1732
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: '74 porsche 914 subaru WRX engine swap Reply with quote

enikolayev wrote:
(2007) I'm a 19 year old college student and recently my 914's engine gave out (lifter problem i presume) so instead of repairing the engine i ran across the idea of a WRX engine swap. The Subaru engine will be far more reliable and it will be much much more pleasant to drive in the car with the extra power.

I wanna hear what you guys think. Has anyone done this before? I'm open to suggestions. Also if anyone knows a good place to get 2 heads for a WRX engine for relatively cheap, don't hesitate to let me know.

^ 2007 ... You were ahead of your time kid.

I wouldn't help a purist if he was stuck on the side of the road & on his knees begging for help.

Link

Link

Link

Link
left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Those videos ^^ are just soooo bad-ass! Gotta love subie turbo power!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472827&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Kix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Subie power Reply with quote

Hey did we get this figured out yet?

I'm just askin, because I don't want to be called the r word or nuthin.

Subie ok to put in?

Looking for reliable shop to do the install in Colorado.
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Subie power Reply with quote

Kix wrote:
Hey did we get this figured out yet?

I'm just askin, because I don't want to be called the r word or nuthin.

Subie ok to put in?

Looking for reliable shop to do the install in Colorado.

I got a 3.8 liter Buick V6 in my 914, Holley 4160 four barrel, high raiser manifold, aggressive cam. heck I can start out in third or fourth gear, no problem, it is a torque monster. really need different gearing to take full advantage. and the sound is great. Yeah the Subaru is nice, but American cu in's are the way to go if you really want to wake it up without spending a fortune on Porsche six motors or hot-rodded ricer motors.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: