Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is this worth
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pieter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: What is this worth Reply with quote

I have been chasing this car for 3 years now and owner wants to sell but wants me to make the price.

84 Carrera Convertible Red with black top and black interior.
Paint is trashed rust spots on A pillar and fender and rear door jam
Broken head studs, Injection is frozen up, trans is suspect, calipers frozen interior 8/10 top 2 years old Has not run for 3 years. All rubber parts are very ruff.

What is this beast worth I want to save it.
jt912
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A super low of $5K to maybe as high as $15K.
pieter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: What is this worth Reply with quote

Thank you I am willing to go up to $10k
pieter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: What should I pay Reply with quote

Well here is the end to this story. Got there looked at the car then spoke to owner, he wants $35 000 for it and has a quote from our local Porsche INDY showing to get it going will be $18 000, it was a four page quote. So I let it go. O by the way his price was "that is what the sell on Ebay for"
PorscheGuy1990
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a good choice to let it go I hate when people base there price on ebay or any other website when the cars there comparing theres to are in great shape car sounded very rough i don't know where he got his figure from when the car needs $18k worth of work and he's asking $35k you'd have more money into the car then its worth good luck on your search
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: