Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Last one, Thanks for looking.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

^^^ Good looking tires. The tread reminds me of the Cooper Discoverer.

What was the cost?
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Thank You, yes they do look like the Coopers. $522 after all of the fees, Balance, tire disposal etc. More than I wanted to pay but.............
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

BFG KO's 215/75-15
Shasta Snow Trip tires
Team Hot Wheels VTO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

What width are the Fuchs?
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

GTV wrote:

15" X 5.5"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:
GTV wrote:

15" X 5.5"

Thanks. Good to know there's enough clearance on there with something other than stock 15's... It does look a little close to the dogleg though, is it just the angle?
bigdish2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Buckshot muders on the dc

In the stash

1954 & 63 Vert
1956 Dove blue camper
(2) 1958 23w deluxes
1958 PGSG 11w og paint
1958 logo dd panel
1959 dove blue 11w
(5) 15w deluxes
(2) 1960,63,65 double cabs
1963 swr/bg 11w og paint
1964 limo bus 350 powered
1964 SO36 Dormobile flipseat Westy
1966 (2) so42’s og paint
1969 (2) porsche 912s
1969 dart swinger 340
(3) Porsche 911s sunroof,targa,cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamblanda
Don't Disgrace The Eddy!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Fit. Disregard the incorrect parts and poor body work.
williamblanda
Don't Disgrace The Eddy!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

One more of the side. No problem fitting front and rear tires and more than enough room for the 7.00's if anyone is wondering about compatibility for a stock height lipped wheel well bus.
Noisier than the radials, but it feels a lot more sturdy and they grip really well. I haven't driven on the highway with them, but up to 45mph is smooth even with unbalanced tires.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

williamblanda wrote:

One more of the side. No problem fitting front and rear tires and more than enough room for the 7.00's if anyone is wondering about compatibility for a stock height lipped wheel well bus.
Noisier than the radials, but it feels a lot more sturdy and they grip really well. I haven't driven on the highway with them, but up to 45mph is smooth even with unbalanced tires.

Those look really nice!!!
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

williamblanda wrote:

Killer
Tahlequah Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

My 65 on 215-75-15 centennial terra commanders.
junichi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Shocked that is bad as!
Jock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

All done

Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

I see Bus Depot has a close out of Nokian 205/70-15's I realize these are actually EUROVAN tires, but what an incredible tire if it can fit under my 1956 Single Cab. Maybe a little short at 26.3 and a little wide. But for $63.50? Nokian tires are as good as they get, especially for colder climates. They are based in Finland, which also supplies the world with a good proportion of the best rally drivers. After learning to drive in Finland, anything else is easy?
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Running tires that have been on my bus since i bought it in Fall of 2007. Not sure how long they were on there prior to my ownership. They are Firestone passenger tires (i believe). size 205/70/15. No rubbing. Anyone have any reviews or updates on those General grabbers or other tires of late? They still look to be ok to the eye but the age thing worries me especially since i read an article about having a blow out in an antique car.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim MacDonald
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Can you tell me if this size tire will fit a stock 15" bus rim? Im going to have a bay beam in the front so I will have the clearance just not sure if the rim will be wide enough
Tire is a
Dayton: Timberline MT
30/9.50R15LT
57 oval project barn find
88 cabriolet
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Tim MacDonald wrote:
Can you tell me if this size tire will fit a stock 15" bus rim? Im going to have a bay beam in the front so I will have the clearance just not sure if the rim will be wide enough
Tire is a
30/9.50R15LT

They can probably be made to fit on the wheel, but I will bet that the 30" diameter will cause clearance issues without some serious lift.
Tim MacDonald
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Tim MacDonald wrote:
Tire is a
30/9.50R15LT

They can probably be made to fit on the wheel, but I will bet that the 30" diameter will cause clearance issues without some serious lift.

OK thank you. A used set came up for sale locally so just wanted to see if they would fit
57 oval project barn find
88 cabriolet
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Jump to:
Page 87 of 103

Jump to: