Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW thoughts
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwloco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: VW thoughts Reply with quote

I took an '08 R32 to a VW training session yesterday. Off to the big city. Took my bride and we stayed overnight in a hotel.

Learned about new VW stuff, talked to a damn good trainer who is VW loyal in a good way - to the core.

On the way back from the big city to the mountains I kept the R32 in the fast lane, skipping easily along at speeds that made me smile. I thought of my VW Thing and my Westie. VWs. My day in, day out VWs.

I look back. VWs since my youth.

Hmm.

Woodstove cranking. Christmas Tree up. XM on Lucy.

Merry Christmas ya'll
miscreantgnomie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry xmas to you to sire Smile

Sunday i will take out the thing for the first time in a long time since painting it with the insane gnome pictures. We will cruise with the other air coolers to sams ministries and hand out gifts to the less fortunate at that homeless shelter.

Maybe ill post a pic or too if you all want to see em.

Dave

The thing owner on the thing part of thesamba that makes the purists cringe.
kuebelwagen84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VW thoughts Reply with quote

bmwloco wrote:
I took an '08 R32 to a VW training session yesterday. Off to the big city. Took my bride and we stayed overnight in a hotel.

Learned about new VW stuff, talked to a damn good trainer who is VW loyal in a good way - to the core.

On the way back from the big city to the mountains I kept the R32 in the fast lane, skipping easily along at speeds that made me smile. I thought of my VW Thing and my Westie. VWs. My day in, day out VWs.

Hmm.

Merry Christmas ya'll

Merry Christmas! I was hoping to have my gas heater installed and operating for this winter but as it's not I'll just keep the Thing garaged and start all the major projects on it - how's your front end doing btw?

As for the R32, I'm def. envious (of the VW Training session as well!), but I get a smile everytime I step into my new Rabbit... sure it doesn't have a turbocharger (yet Very Happy ) or a LSD, but it's still a fun, peppy little fahvergnügner

Prost!

1600s of air-cooled German muscle!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thingggg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone told me VW is loosing massive $$$ in the US and is considering halting US sales. Bmwloco have you hers this—I think you sell them don't you as well as other cars.
bciesq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: VW thoughts Reply with quote

bmwloco wrote:
XM on Lucy.

X2

Those VOs on the station ID hit a little too close to home, however.
181freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loco.. you work for VW? Which dealer? I too work for Chapman in AZ

The R32 is sweet.. they let you take one for a training session? We usually have to take pre-owned.

I used to own an 04R32.. man I miss that car!

Its always nice to see a trainer that is also an enthusiast.. not some guy who is just there for a job.
bmwloco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

181freak wrote:
loco.. you work for VW? Which dealer? I too work for Chapman in AZ

The R32 is sweet.. they let you take one for a training session? We usually have to take pre-owned.

I work for the dealership in Asheville NC.

The R32 I drove was, in fact, a used car. 2500 miles on the beastie. I had a choice between that and a couple Audis. Nice enough, comfortable, but the R32 is special.
bmwloco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alsehendo34 wrote:
Someone told me VW is loosing massive $$$ in the US and is considering halting US sales. Bmwloco have you hers this—I think you sell them don't you as well as other cars.

It's no secret. VW has lost $1,000,000,000, yeah, one BILLION each year in the US for the last several years. Some of it is the US Dollar slide against the Euro.

VW is readying a big initiative and push. Goals are being set. It may well mean the difference in VW staying and VW going the way of Renualt, Fiat, and other formers in the US.

Here's to hoping that's NOT the case.
miscreantgnomie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmwloco wrote:
alsehendo34 wrote:

It's no secret. VW has lost $1,000,000,000, yeah, one BILLION each year in the US for the last several years. Some of it is the US Dollar slide against the Euro.

VW is readying a big initiative and push. Goals are being set. It may well mean the difference in VW staying and VW going the way of Renualt, Fiat, and other formers in the US.

Here's to hoping that's NOT the case.

Im hoping it stays they need to do something different and bold to keep fickle american consumers.

We are a tarnished lot. Hard to apease the masses
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW thoughts Reply with quote

bmwloco wrote:

Hmm.

Merry Christmas ya'll

I recently installed a 200watt stereo in the Thing with a Bazooka tube with an amp in it.
Over the last couple of weeks when the snow is blowing outside.
and.........
The wife has been ragging on my ass about uncompleted honey do projects.
The kid is driving me crazy about not going to bed.
Not brushing and flossing their teeth.
Won't quit calling for the dog.
At work, projects that have to get done before January 1.
99 new beetle needs a catalytic converter.
Need to reshingle 2 garages.
A new fence needs to be put up.
Need to move the kid's playhouse in the back yard.

I instead go to the shop, sit in the Thing with the top down and blast the music (that I want to listen to) as loud as I want. I have a car stereo remote and TV remote for the TV on the wall (so I can watch what I want)

Warm morning furnace sitting over in the corner with the flame flickering.

Merry Christmas
moondogzero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread. But, Jeez I sure hope VW changes the way they do business in the states. Only twice in my life have I bought a new car and one was a 99 Jetta. The half year new body style and boy what a lemon! Went through 5 sets of front rotors in the first two years and VW quit paying on the 4th saying that it was my fault. To make a long story short, after 42 phone calls to VWofA customer "disservice" and the chief maintenance tech for the Eastern US coming to argue with me, the car was left on the dealer lot. Two months later after several more phone calls and threats on both sides of a lawsuit, I traded the car dead even with them for a 94 jetta with 96,000 miles. The kicker of the story. My air cooled mechanic said that a few customers had brought their 99's and by this time the 2000 jettas in to him with the same problem after getting jerked around by the dealers. He looked it up and found a service bulletin on this problem and the brake booster was adjusted too tight.
Also VW just doesn't know how to market to the US consumer. The ads all seem like a Ford Focus ad. Try marketing to someone other than a 15 year old that can't even afford an ipod let alone a $20 thousand+ car! Just my opinion.
Whew! Again sorry about the hijack. Been waiting 7 years to get that off my chest.

P.S. The new cars sure do look good.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: