Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fitting 7" American Torq-Thrusts on a Ghia?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julio Iniguez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Fitting 7" American Torq-Thrusts on a Ghia? Reply with quote

Ok guy's I need you help I am trying to fit 7" american torq-thusts on the rear but I have some clearence issues. The edge of the rim is about even with the inside lip of the well. I would like to run at least a 215-60 but to fit comfortable it would have to narrowed about 1" but the kit's on the market are 3" and 5". Is IRS the same width as swing axel only for the fact that it could be converted then narrowed by 1"? What to do?
Thanks for the help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buggpower
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM not to sure on the narrowing part but a couple of the guys over on the German Look forums are flaring the rear fenders of there ghias.just a thought.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/bigguy/avatars/150_tits1.gif
john7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julio i have a place that will narrow the wheels, they want $175 per wheel.
might be an option for you.

Slot Mag King!
I accept Paypal, CASH, GOLD, SILVER, COINS, GUNS & money orders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirtydeedss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can weld you could narrow a set of arms 1 5/16 each. then use autostick type 3 driver side axles.
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtydeedss wrote:
if you can weld you could narrow a set of arms 1 5/16 each. then use autostick type 3 driver side axles.

That's what I did. You can check my gallery. I may make another set. The first were an exercise in trial and error. I would take the built in camber out of them this time and take more time making my faceplate and box for the rear.
I'm hoping to fit 18x7's with 215-45-18's I had them mounted and only needed a little less than an inch to clear the fenderwell.
rphracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: american torq-thusts Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

the car is a 67 swing axel but is not easy...1" shorter axels type3 hubs milled down wilwood brake hats custom order wheels 17-8s with 4-3/4 backspace
and man is close Shocked . let me know if i can help......
Julio Iniguez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's guy's, sorry for the slow response. Hey rphracing, Bad Ass Ghia! when you say 1" shorter axles is it that the `67 has the long axles and you went to early short? Please correct me because this is all new to me. if so my ghia is a `58 so it should already have the short ones I think? By the way where in socal are you? I'm in O.C. Hey john thanks, considering who the wheels belonged to I think I'll use that as a last resort, just don't want anything to happen to them. Thank's
a bunch guy's

Julio
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: