Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WM971252 - Clay - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: WM971252
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 25, 2024
NOTAHONDA
Vegas Don

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: WM971252 - Clay - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great seller! The item was in great shape, quick shipping and was packaged like it was fine china.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definite ditto that--Clay and Mary have helped me out many-a-time--great folks.
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought various things from him over the years and would buy again any time. I've met him in person too - super nice guy.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Clay for the great deal on the super-HD floor jack!
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome all. Of course it is great to have such good buyers Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some more items from Clay. Greta prices and the shipping was super fast!

Thanks from California!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sunbuggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Wanted to supply good feedback for seller WM971252, Reply with quote

I recently purchased a center console for my 74 Super from seller WM971252, I paid via PayPal and the next day he shipped the console and supplied me with a tracking number. I am very satisfied with the console I purchased and received, the attention to packing to avoid damage and the quick response in shipping and supplying tracking for the shipment after the sale. Thanks
Offy 220
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a set a OG door handles from Clay. They were as he described, boxed and delivered within a few days. A+ recommended seller!!
Bumble1965
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased locking water-cooled gas cap. Fast shipping, great packaging, and very good communication. I would/will buy from seller again and would recommend to anyone.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ajay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: GREAT SELLER Reply with quote

Bought an NOS item from Clay.
Great SELLER.
Good price
will deal with in future.
WILL RECOMMEND to anyone
naugahyde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to deal with. He returns email fast. He ships it out fast.
Super strong packages.

Thanx!
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received some parts from Clay. Very few sellers know how to pack fragile items, such as tail lamp lenses, and Clay is one of those people. His prices are fair, as are his payment terms. Clay takes very good care of his customers.
bikesnbuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay is the BEST!Always friendly,always helpful!!GREAT deals and ships FAST and packs well!!Thank you Clay and Mary!!!!!!! P.S.If you dont see it in one his ads,email him,hes got L O T S of parts!!!! Very Happy
GreenMeanie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made me ride out to his place for a crappy frame.
Says I know more about the frame than him? Why didn't he check it before I drove out?

I find it hard to believe he didn't see a hole the size of a softball in the frame tunnel and the head was welded and rusted out of square like a 2 year old did it.
Also told me this thing was restored which was BS.

Funny never told me he was a Samba member after making me drive all the way out there for nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenMeanie wrote:
Says I know more about the frame than him? Why didn't he check it before I drove out?

I find it hard to believe he didn't see a hole the size of a softball in the frame tunnel and the head was welded and rusted out of square like a 2 year old did it.

Funny never told me he was a Samba member after making me drive all the way out there for nothing.

made you drive out there??????? so, he put a gun to your head and made you drive all the way to his house......... clay, your a jerk Razz

after doing a little samba CSI, i see you live in thompson, so it was like what, a 25 minute ride? ok, 35 tops if you didn't get lost

funny, this is the BUYER AND SELLER FEEDBACK it dosen't sound to me like you bought it, so why are you leaving feedback? is this the same pan that he had for sale a while ago with a tow bar, transaxle, and front beam? and he was askin 175 OBO? i was going to buy it for a dune buggy, but my buggie tub deal fell thru. clay told me that someone started to work on it, but it wasn't the best pan in the world (which, i am sure he told you) but would be a pretty easy resto.....that is, if you know how to use a welder. (but you live in thompson, the hill billy capitol of CT. some of the best duct tape and duraglass work i have seen is from up that way) seeing that you are in CT too and know full well that there is an over abundance of bug parts here in the nutmeg state, finding another one will be super easy.

clay and mary are great people. i have done tons of deals with them in the past, they go above and beyond any seller i know. clay saves EVERYTHING, so if you have emailed him, watch out, he just may post your emails disclosing how he told you the overall condition of this 175 pan, tranny, beam and tow bar. he told me everything, so i know he would tell you the same
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hi I have a 70 rolling pan and I am in eastern CT. Was restored but will need some more work (nothing that big). I want $175 for it including the tow bar. My number is 860-642-7242 and I am in Franklin
>
> Thanks Clay
>
> ***************************************************************************
> This email was sent from the Samba user: WM971252
> Their Samba profile can be seen at:
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30290"

"Hi here are a few quick shots of it. It was sold and the guy was coming "next week" but that was a few months ago so I did not do much to cover it. A lot of metal work was done including pan halves (need rewelding), the front firewall and plate. and one rear cross support. The car it was build for was way to far gone when they looked at it after doing the work on the pan. "

Sorry it was not what you wanted. I am not a Bug guy and I got it in a pile. I never looked at it hard and am quite busy now so did not do an inspection of it when you asked about it. I did answer any of your questions and would answer more if you wanted more. And yes you looked at it more than I did. All I did to it was load it from the guy I got it from, unload it, part and cut up the body and towed the pan up to the lawn. My feelings were that a rolling pan with tranny was well worth $175 never mind the tow bar. I did state it need work but I will admit I did not know about the hole in the bottom plate of the tunnel (though I have seen way worse fixed). Not really sure what you mean by out of square but the joy of aftermarket stuff is they don't line up to each other perfectly. The old body fit fine on it ("I got it with the body back on it (but loose) and everything seems right."). Sorry I used the words restored, not sure what else to call taking off old rusty stuff and replacing it with new, again it is how I got it just sat outside for awhile longer. As you see in the original response to your add I sent it as a logged in user of Samba, not sure why you think I was hiding it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GreenMeanie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least you didn't deny everything I will give you credit for that.
Second trip for nothing really got on my nerves the last one last week was to Ware Mass for nothing.
45 min trip 30 min trip who cares it could of easy been avoided.
I guess my restored is different than others.
I am glad he has allot of friends on here but I know what happened to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GreenMeanie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to buy it.
I am sure you won't.
And I was pointed to this part of the forum from a moderator I think.
Have a problem with it take it up with him/her.

I'll take being a "Hillbilly" over a Jackass any day.

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
GreenMeanie wrote:

made you drive out there??????? so, he put a gun to your head and made you drive all the way to his house......... clay, your a jerk Razz

after doing a little samba CSI, i see you live in thompson, so it was like what, a 25 minute ride? ok, 35 tops if you didn't get lost

funny, this is the BUYER AND SELLER FEEDBACK it dosen't sound to me like you bought it, so why are you leaving feedback? is this the same pan that he had for sale a while ago with a tow bar, transaxle, and front beam? and he was askin 175 OBO? i was going to buy it for a dune buggy, but my buggie tub deal fell thru. clay told me that someone started to work on it, but it wasn't the best pan in the world (which, i am sure he told you) but would be a pretty easy resto.....that is, if you know how to use a welder. (but you live in thompson, the hill billy capitol of CT. some of the best duct tape and duraglass work i have seen is from up that way) seeing that you are in CT too and know full well that there is an over abundance of bug parts here in the nutmeg state, finding another one will be super easy.

clay and mary are great people. i have done tons of deals with them in the past, they go above and beyond any seller i know. clay saves EVERYTHING, so if you have emailed him, watch out, he just may post your emails disclosing how he told you the overall condition of this 175 pan, tranny, beam and tow bar. he told me everything, so i know he would tell you the same
TheStig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Sapphire IX Radio from Clay, it arrived the next day!! Works as advertised, thanks Clay!
Lilie Sunflower
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real pleasure to deal with Clay and Mary. Great communication, good item as same as described , a nice transaction ! thanks.
1995 Multivan Allstar
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: