Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is This Seat Cover Stock
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Is This Seat Cover Stock Reply with quote

Has anyone seen a seat cover like this before? It appears to be stock but I could be wrong. This is my first Type 3 so my knowledge is limited. I've done a search and looked through the technical section and didn't find a match.

My best guess is that the seat bottom and back were recovered, but the OEM sides were left. I'd like to match the front seats to this material if possible since it's different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pedro sainz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Is This Seat Cover Stock Reply with quote

your BEST guess is CORRECT

this seats are for Notchback 63-64 side view Grey cord Leatherette
and piping and Grey Solid vinyl are Original 100 %

what year is your Notch?
show pictures of your front seats
N.O.N.A member #3
The Truth is Out There
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Soul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car is a 64 and the front seats that I have are 65-67 and covered in a hideous red plaid material.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pedro sainz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul wrote:
My car is a 64 and the front seats that I have are 65-67 and covered in a hideous red plaid material.

Original color of your type 3 ?
N.O.N.A member #3
The Truth is Out There
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Soul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original color is Ruby Red.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 65 Ruby Red Variant that has the same material on the back seat (the fronts were recovered in black).
Soul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
I have a 65 Ruby Red Variant that has the same material on the back seat (the fronts were recovered in black).

Now the plot thickens. That material must have been an option. Josh what are you doing with your back seat material? Are you swaping it out?
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul wrote:
ataraxia wrote:

Now the plot thickens. That material must have been an option. Josh what are you doing with your back seat material? Are you swaping it out?

For now, I'm leaving it alone.
.65vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul wrote:
ataraxia wrote:

I have a very original and stock 65 1500 S, Sea Blue, and it too had the seats recovered years ago in the same black material.
It looks to be in the 1966 seat cover options.

The original owner said the original material was not in bad shape when he replaced it with the black material.
He said the stitching was breaking and the seats were falling apart, not that they were over worn or ripped as the reason for the replacement.

I'm leaving mine as is, it's better for loading the dogs into for drives knowing I'll replace it with the original in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneazel wrote:
Soul wrote:
ataraxia wrote:

...the stitching was breaking and the seats were falling apart, not that they were over worn or ripped as the reason for the replacement.

This is pretty much what's happening to my back seat...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: