Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NHL Fans?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

This is a brief summary of John Scott on Dan Le Batard, if you can find the interview from weeks ago, it was great. Basically Dan wanted to do a gofundme thing for charity, by trying to get Scott to start a fake fight in all star game.

Le Batard show is a great listen if you like 'different', which I do, probably the only good listen on ESPN. They do a good "What do they look like," you can youtube it too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DanLeBatardShow/comments/42xmcq/john_scott/

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Damn Eric, now you're reading the NHL threads? Next thing you know you'll have a Blackhawks sticker on your Vanagon.

So the post you linked says something to the effect of ESPN disallowing his broadcast where he complains about ESPN disallowing his gofundme plan. Is there another episode where Dan talks about John Scott's vote/election and such?
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

No Corey, not reading anything about hockey. I heard Dan interview Scott, thought it was funny how the team/NHL were trying to get rid of him etc... I wanted to post it up, then forgot. Sad

Le Batard likes to monkey wrench big sports, I find it funny.

Anyway, a quick search got me to this best of, Jan. 21, it is an hour long, and somewhere is the interview. I think it carried to Friday 22nd and Monday 25th.
Edit, looks like interview starts about 23 minutes in, I think, then they talk about gofundme thing again at 42 minutes in. Funny shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMnGGICq2oc

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Quote:
I would love to hear your brother's take on the whole thing.

He obviously took Scotts side. thought the teams were weak/foolish for sending him down to minors and the trade and to minors again... they just couldnt stop the fan voting. After a couple beers...my brother tells a good story. Perhaps Im a better listener after a couple. Smile Im glad I heard about it cause it is such a feel good story. I am not glad I missed the game Embarassed
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

So I have been watching hockey on hockeystreams.com for the last few years, on the recommendation of someone in this thread. Well, they just stopped existing. No more hockey for me.

Apparently what they were doing fell into a grey area in broadcasting legality, and the NHL finally kicked them to the curb. I lost what amounts to about fifty bucks in what was left of my subscription, but I did get to watch plenty of hockey over the years.

gonna hafta find some other way...
richardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Tonight: Rangers vs Devils

Go Devils
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Link

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
richardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Do Flyers suck this bad or Capitals that good?
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I like the Flyers, but they do seem to be sucking.

Listening to the MN/Dallas game right now. I will support my team (Minnesota) all the way, but Dallas is a damn good team right now. And I hate them. And Norm Green. Yes, I hold grudges.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

richardc wrote:
Do Flyers suck this bad or Capitals that good?

Yes.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

MN beats Dallas to force a game 6. Excellent!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Welp. I guess its San Jose and Pittsburgh.

I am having a hard time drumming up any interest in this final round. I'll still watch, though. I suppose I can root for Brent Burns. Other than that....
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I'm still depressed about last nights game!
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Teeroy wrote:
I'm still depressed about last nights game!

Not me - I'm from Pittsburgh !!! Born in the city itself, a mile from Forbes Field.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I was rooting for the Blues, but they lost. I was just barely rooting for the Lightning, but they lost. I always prefer the underdog if my dog ain't in the fight.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Wanted to see Tyler get another chance at the cup since they didn't pull it off last year. Oh well, there is always next season. Chiefs camp is only 3 months away!
ARR #3
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I was shocked that the Sharks beat the Blues in that round, the Blues seemed like a lot stronger team!
ARR #3
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Teeroy wrote:
I was shocked that the Sharks beat the Blues in that round, the Blues seemed like a lot stronger team!

Agreed. Also agreed about Tyler Johnson.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Congrats to the Penguins on their win tonight. I wasn't watching (motorcycle ride Cool ), but I heard it on the radio news right after the win.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

kinda sad that Crosby won another one. For some reason, i never liked him. He's a great player, but too... i dunno. I like Ovechkin style alot more.

Now that the playoff are out of the way, lets see if we'll see team #31 and #32. 20-something of june if my memory serve me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Jump to:
Page 95 of 104

Jump to: