Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NHL Fans?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerBrad
Je suis Napoléon!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing i never watch intermissions

Wanted: two beat up, ugly, curb rashed 6" phone dial wheels
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidpainter wrote:
I earn a living off of pro hockey so I can't show my bias.

Leafs suck.

oh, snap. lidpainter, i get it. that is really cool that you paint goalie masks for a living.

it's tough being a leafs fan, it really is. everyone hates you, the on-ice product is pretty grim, and the record, well. the last time the leafs won the stanley cup was the same year for super bowl I.

but if you live in the centre of the hockey universe (and anyone who has spent time in toronto knows this is not an overstatement), you have to be a leafs fan. you gotta support the home team.
R.Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankmange wrote:
HamburgerBrad wrote:
good game tonight. I was hoping the west would win after coming back from 5-1

except for the intermission 'entertainment', it was a good game....

there was an intermission show?? Wink

btw - anybody else have a hard time watching VS? I've tried changing the settings on both my TVs and went to a friends house, but VS just SUCKS. I can't see any of the blue lines or face-off circles with the terrible glare off the ice. 9 out 10 games are on Center Ice anyways, but I was highly pissed when I saw the All Star game was gonna be on VS. Even my kids complain (oh wait teenagers complaining Shocked - well that's nothing new) Wink
SBS #5
'54 RHD Swedish 3-fold
'60 L345 Doppelkabine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DeathBus
WILD MAN!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah VS sucks, the worse thing to happen to the NHL (besides Betman) was ESPN and ABC dropping it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
R.Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I say thank gawd Fox is gone with their 'glowing' blue puck zipping across the screen
SBS #5
'54 RHD Swedish 3-fold
'60 L345 Doppelkabine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djdh68dlux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, didn't know there were so many hockey fans on here! I've been a Kings fan since I was 2 (my dad became a fan in the mid 70's). Played hockey (even here in sunny Southern California). As for VS., yeah, they pretty much suck. ESPN did a way better job. Plus NHL Tonight on ESPN was awesome. Maybe the NHL will get it's head out of it's rear one of these days and put themselves back on a channel that people are able to find to watch some games. Especially with all the new young stars that are in the game right now. It was nice to see so many new faces in the All Star game this year.

Looking for a VW club in Southern California? Check out Inland Valley Volkswagens: www.ivvw.org
TimB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'm just noticed this thread. I've been a Kings fan since the Great One and I'm not afraid to admit it. I go to games all the time. Any other Kings fans going to the next home game (Feb 15th) it's the tailgate party with Marty Mc Sorley.

BTW any one remember the Forum days (that the LA forum for you Habs fans) Back in the day, prior to the Ducks, Sharks and 'yotes. The Vancouver fans would come down. I remember someone lit a Vancouver Jersey on fire in the upper concorse. Crazy times. Good fans. Oh and **** the ducks and all the little kids that like them.
HamburgerBrad
Je suis Napoléon!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for sure going to the coyotes @ kings at the end of march, and hopefully kings@ducks the day before that. maybe another one sometime between then and now

Wanted: two beat up, ugly, curb rashed 6" phone dial wheels
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys in so cal have it pretty good in a way. you can actually BUY tickets for games. try getting tickets for a leafs home game, crap, it's impossible. you have to pull seventeen strings, then give up your first born. it's despicable really. i was actually given tickets for last week's leafs home game against washington, we were in the absolute top row, i mean nothing behind us but the wall of the arena. 45 bucks each. the equivalent seat in lots of nhl rinks would probably be 15 bucks.

but it's all good, at least we got to see a game, the nhl players are such awesome athletes, it's a brilliant spectator sport. even the maple leafs Smile
Lidpainter
Samba Anti-Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germansupplyscott wrote:
you guys in so cal have it pretty good in a way. you can actually BUY tickets for games. try getting tickets for a leafs home game, crap, it's impossible. you have to pull seventeen strings, then give up your first born. it's despicable really. i was actually given tickets for last week's leafs home game against washington, we were in the absolute top row, i mean nothing behind us but the wall of the arena. 45 bucks each. the equivalent seat in lots of nhl rinks would probably be 15 bucks.

but it's all good, at least we got to see a game, the nhl players are such awesome athletes, it's a brilliant spectator sport. even the maple leafs Smile

Montreal is the same way. At least you have the Marlies to fall back on. If one of the suckier southern teams would relocate to Hamilton you may be able to get better seats but only if there is an alternate venue to Copps Coluseum.
Jerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I had never watched Hockey until last year. My daughter started dancing for the NHL. Went to one game and now I am hooked. Still learning all the rules but its very exciting. Nashville Predators is where it all started. Smile
David Househead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Oilers Go! (ok they suck lately, but I still love em)
fan since a kid. I miss the glory days.

Die Flames Die... sometimes it's hard being from Edmonton, but living in Calgary Sad
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

jerry's70westy wrote:
I had never watched Hockey until last year. My daughter started dancing for the NHL. Went to one game and now I am hooked. Still learning all the rules but its very exciting. Nashville Predators is where it all started. Smile

What is "dancing for the NHL"? Is that another american half-time thing?
DeathBus
WILD MAN!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Patty B. wrote:
jerry's70westy wrote:

What is "dancing for the NHL"? Is that another american half-time thing?

lol I have seen dancers at Canadian NHL games as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidpainter wrote:
If one of the suckier southern teams would relocate to Hamilton you may be able to get better seats but only if there is an alternate venue to Copps Coluseum.

i'd love to see a team in hamilton. there would be huge support. i think kitchener-waterloo might be a more likely bet. there is so much money and a huge population there. this part of ontario could easily support 3 nhl teams and sell out every game. bettman and the nhl directors' heads are so far up their arses they can't see it or don't want to admit that their vision of expansion is a dismal failure. put the teams where the public will embrace them, that's what i say. no marketing needed for hockey here. people will just go.
Lidpainter
Samba Anti-Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germansupplyscott wrote:
Lidpainter wrote:
If one of the suckier southern teams would relocate to Hamilton you may be able to get better seats but only if there is an alternate venue to Copps Coluseum.

i'd love to see a team in hamilton. there would be huge support. i think kitchener-waterloo might be a more likely bet. there is so much money and a huge population there. this part of ontario could easily support 3 nhl teams and sell out every game. bettman and the nhl directors' heads are so far up their arses they can't see it or don't want to admit that their vision of expansion is a dismal failure. put the teams where the public will embrace them, that's what i say. no marketing needed for hockey here. people will just go.

They'd rather send a team to Kansas City (WTF?) than Winnipeg, Kitchener, Quebec City or Hamilton. The NHL can't figure out that their core fan base is in Canada and insists on expanding in the US exclusively. There's even talk of a couple european NHL francises. He'll destroy the league and the game eventually.
DeathBus
WILD MAN!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Betman has needed to go for a while now.

Oh and the Instigator rule needs to be thrown out as well.

Oh and Don Cherry's time needs to be expanded instead of shortened like it has been in the past few years!
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something about incursion in the Leafs' and Sabres viewing market or something like that--something stupid about another team coming in on that territory would have to pay the Toronto and Buffalo teams for cutting in on their business and that is why Hamilton doesn't have a team. I believe that is why Kitchener/Waterloo was considered safe. It is so frustrating not having another team near by, it's a no brainer for sure! Toronto needs the competition right in it's own back yard!

They shortened his segment and put in a 3 second delay to live broadcast!
Funny they don't limit the colours he can have on his suits!
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=doncherry
Lidpainter
Samba Anti-Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathBus wrote:
Yeah Betman has needed to go for a while now.

Oh and the Instigator rule needs to be thrown out as well.

Oh and Don Cherry's time needs to be expanded instead of shortened like it has been in the past few years!

Who doesn't like Don Cherry?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE your work!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 104

Jump to: