Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NHL Fans?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestyMan1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, this is pretty cool. Full page ad in the Boston Globe:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
Hockey is a tough game. As impressed as we were be the strength, talent, and competitive spirit of the Boston Bruins on the ice, we were deeply touched by what happend off the ice. Rarely have we experienced the hospitality you afforded us throughout the playoff series between two incredibly gifted teams.

On behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks organization and the entire Wirtz Corporation, we want to personally express our heartfelt appreciation to your city, the Bruins organization, and especially, the citizens of Boston for the remarkable welcome you showed our team and the many Chicagoans who visited.

From Boston’s political leadership to every member of the Bruins organization, from the players to the people on the street, you demonstrated respect, good sportsmanship, and a genuine love for the great game of hockey.

Like the rest of the world, Chicagoans have been reminded in recent days of Boston’s strength. Please know we tip our hat to your city’s big heart and gracious spirit. You lead by example and have set the bar very high for others to follow.

Respectfully,

Rocky Wirtz, Chairman, Wirtz Corporation

John McDonough, President and CEO, Chicago Blackhawks

'71 Westy "Maggie" - M-Plate

Parts for sale!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is excellent! Good sportsmanship makes me happy.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Lou We Trust yet again......now we have a true heri apparent for Marty:

Quote:
Cory Schneider has been traded to the New Jersey Devils for the 9th overall pick this year.

What a steal!

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wild traded Clutterbuck away, and Justin Falk. Not sure I like where this is going. Clutterbuck was a backbone of the team, at least to me.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bergeron reaches new levels of BEAST.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676183&navid=nhl:topheads
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinnie Lecavalier goes to Philly.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN sends Tom Gilbert packing, ostensibly to gain room for the salary cap.
WestyMan1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Today I went hiking with a good ladyfriend. My knee started acting up on the way back (old ski injury) which slowed me down considerably. I happened to comment "If Patrice Bergeron can play game 6 with a punctured lung, I can get off this mountain with a bum knee." She laughed at me comparing myself to Bergie. Laughing

'71 Westy "Maggie" - M-Plate

Parts for sale!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestyMan1971 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Today I went hiking with a good ladyfriend. My knee started acting up on the way back (old ski injury) which slowed me down considerably. I happened to comment "If Patrice Bergeron can play game 6 with a punctured lung, I can get off this mountain with a bum knee." She laughed at me comparing myself to Bergie. Laughing

I once worked (carpenter) side by side with a guy named Ned who was at least 25 years my senior. We were on our hands and knees installing square drive stainless steel deck screws, then turning them all with a T-handle to line them all up square to the edges of the 10,00 square feet of decking. (Very anal home owner, but the pay was really good, and the redwood deck turned out incredible). It was the middle of summer, and the thermometer on the deck was buried at 120 everyday for nearly six weeks. I was in my early 30's, and occasionally complained about the situation.

One day, Ned called in sick, saying he had to go to the doctor. We found out later his hip was almost completely gone, and he had several other ailments, too. He never once complained about anything on that job, and was almost always smiling and jovial.

I think about him every time I hear myself start to complain about some trivial thing that I cannot control.

BTW, my knee give me fits on the downhill climb, too. Laughing
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=676957&navid=DL|MIN|home

Ugh. Not happy.

EDIT: And, they gave up Cullen and Bouchard. WTF?
Astro Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I am fairly certain that nobody ever saw that coming. two goals in 17 seconds. Wow. Thanks to the Bruins for the excellent series. that was was really fun, and exciting, and amazing and all of those adjectives.

WOOOHOOO! Hawks!

As lazy as Kane is in his own zone, and as non existent as hs backcheck is, he has to strike the most fear into a goalie when he gets the puck, more than anyone else in the world. He is a serious threat in the last minutes of the game.

I suspect Bergeron's lung puncture came from a needle trying to inject his rib with pain killer. It sounds like exactly what Federov went thru. The Team Dr said while it was a procedure he'd done before, never on a patient awake, in pain, between shifts, breathing heavy. He was nervous that if he missed, he could puncture the lung.

(He didn't miss, and Federov went on to get the game winning assist in theconference final game.)

The Calder Cup finals were an absolute blast to watch, too. The Syracuse Crunch are awesome, and only lost two plaoff games through the entire playoffs until the Finals. Who would have thought that the Detroit prospects would win it, when they are basically a collection of late picks. Detroits highest pick in the last 22 years was Martin Lapointe, 18th overall, 1991.
'03 Chevy Astro w/ NP233C 4x4 electronic shift transfer case, 4-5" Overlandvans lift kit, 4:10's w/ Detroit Locker, Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks w/ in-dash remote & onboard air compressor, 255 70R16 AT's, GTRV pop top w/ sleeper, Carefree Awning, Guacho couch, Coleman Fridge, and tons of Thule
Astro Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
The Wild traded Clutterbuck away, and Justin Falk. Not sure I like where this is going. Clutterbuck was a backbone of the team, at least to me.

Yeah, I was suprised at that move, too, especially when they essentially replaced him with Matt Cooke.

I guess they figure a little more O from dirtiest player in the league Matt Cooke, but I was always afraid of Clutterbuck's legal hit's. He didn't have to play dirty to be super effective.
'03 Chevy Astro w/ NP233C 4x4 electronic shift transfer case, 4-5" Overlandvans lift kit, 4:10's w/ Detroit Locker, Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks w/ in-dash remote & onboard air compressor, 255 70R16 AT's, GTRV pop top w/ sleeper, Carefree Awning, Guacho couch, Coleman Fridge, and tons of Thule
jeremy57ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astro Guy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Yeah, I was suprised at that move, too, especially when they essentially replaced him with Matt Cooke.

I guess they figure a little more O from dirtiest player in the league Matt Cooke, but I was always afraid of Clutterbuck's legal hit's. He didn't have to play dirty to be super effective.

As a long time Pens fan, Matt Cooke will not live up to that title. He is a grinder, often scores the ugly goal that you must have. Yeah he was definetely in the "goon" class in years past, but he got labeled early and even a typical hit was examined and torn apart because is was "Matt Cooke".
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremy57ride wrote:
Astro Guy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

As a long time Pens fan, Matt Cooke will not live up to that title. He is a grinder, often scores the ugly goal that you must have. Yeah he was definetely in the "goon" class in years past, but he got labeled early and even a typical hit was examined and torn apart because is was "Matt Cooke".

I have decided to give him some time in the saddle before I completely pass judgement, but I find it funny that the only folks defending him in any discussion I have read about his history are fans of his former team. Everyone else believes he is a thug. We shall see.
jeremy57ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
jeremy57ride wrote:
Astro Guy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I have decided to give him some time in the saddle before I completely pass judgement, but I find it funny that the only folks defending him in any discussion I have read about his history are fans of his former team. Everyone else believes he is a thug. We shall see.

Yeah, thats kind of my point, when he's on your team and you actually see him play, you'll notice it's mostly hype and media blowing it out of porportion. Cooke is a grinder, and he sometimes loses his head...but he's not as dirty as he's made out to be.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremy57ride wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
jeremy57ride wrote:
Astro Guy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Yeah, thats kind of my point, when he's on your team and you actually see him play, you'll notice it's mostly hype and media blowing it out of porportion. Cooke is a grinder, and he sometimes loses his head...but he's not as dirty as he's made out to be.

Everyone has seen him play, including Wild fans from Cook's days in Vancouver.

Not sure I can call this "media hype"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J-rwoirI7Q

Like I said, I'll reserve judgement. For now.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy Palffy retires.
TimB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Ziggy Palffy retires.

And am i starting to feel old my Kings crest/shield jersey is a 33 Palffy from the early 2000s.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey.

Hockey in a VW.

Link

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA Nice!

Interesting that he chose to film a part f the game where his team is scrambling in its defensive end. I might have chosen to replay a goal or something.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Jump to:
Page 89 of 104

Jump to: