Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Straight Garbage!
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Straight Garbage! Reply with quote

Today I built this clock from a rusted out Schaefer's tray I picked from the garbage, let's see what other creations we can come up with, from the garbage of course.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got me thinking.....
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I've got a banana peel and a rotten apple here. I wonder what I can make with that.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
I've got a banana peel and a rotten apple here. I wonder what I can make with that.

you're gonna have to try a little harder.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mannys66 wrote:
notchback wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Man, this stuff is hard.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
mannys66 wrote:
notchback wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Man, this stuff is hard.

DUH UH! why do you think I started a whole thread dedicated to it, if it was easy I would've just posted some pictures on facebook and leave it alone.
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Compost?
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this old magazine but some of the pages are stuck together.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manny, you're too modest.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73 KAFER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Woody wrote:

National Geographic?

Mark
#3 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=775620Kafer-Cup vintage road racer
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm bored and thinking of it, I like to do a google image search for "repurposed" or "repurposed (whatever)"
You come up with some really cool chit!

drscope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
When I'm bored and thinking of it, I like to do a google image search for "repurposed" or "repurposed (whatever)"

Where do you get valve springs that size?
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drscope wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:

maybe this is a picture of a modern doll condominum
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know they do make large engines. I have a piston ring from a ship that's 30" in diameter.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:

I've got a crazy chair I made from a couple of discs and a spring. I'll have to pull it out of the pile and take a picture.

FU#3
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

73 KAFER wrote:
Major Woody wrote:

National Geographic?

Mark

Boy's Life

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
73 KAFER wrote:
Major Woody wrote:

National Geographic?

Mark

Boy's Life
that hurt..... when I fell out of my chair.
I reuse everything I can whenever I can, but some stuff has to go. our local vw club make trophys from rods&cylinders,& somebody else is making lamps from camshafts.but for me today?I just piston the bushes Shocked the asshole neighbors bushes.
I also make a lot of machining jigs from old engine parts,v8 camshafts can be cut up and valve seat drivers made to install seats with a perfect fitting driver,cost $0.00. and tops of pistons I cut off to make cylinder & case centering tooling,and the steering wheel adaptor in my bug was a ford 351 ho piston top, still got the ring grooves on it.(I only use forged pistons) also head gasket sizing jigs for cutting the head gaskets the size I need them to be.and many other things. old exersize equipment thrown away has some good steel on them too to make all sorts of things.I made a 3 way tilt seat&guide table for my bridgeport from exersize equipment.then airfloated it.working on a magnetic float table for it too.as regular seat&guide tables are well over 500 pounds & stay put with just weight,mine has to be lightweight do to my effed up back&joints,so I ahve been clamping the table but now have a mag table (serface grinder chuck) to clamp with a lever easly where ever I want to faster & easyer, just have to make time to finish it.my parts cleaner is my old dishwasher(no not my wife, I got her a new one so I could have the old one) they work great.then I got her a new washeing machine!!! aint I a good husband.& the old one is in my shop to clean shop towels&such.I even have both ends of vw cranks to put in my lathe if I need to .and stub axles cut so I can stick it in the rear disc/drums&use it to center up with coaxiel gauge & redrill the hubs. I havent found many pats that cant be repourposed. it saves out earth&out pockets so it,s a good thing allaround!!Im even going to tile around the wall in my shop around the stainless sink with the leftover20" tiles Im instaling in my house for the wife!!
yesterday at lowes they have thier $2.78 silver lowes 5gal buckets filled with the broken tile peices for $5.00 for the people that do thier own tile(mosaic,or broken up look tile work like for fire places or paitio stuff) and that keeps the land fills for more garbage,sells thier bucket,and you haul away thier old broken tile(all the same desigine tiler in each indvidual bucket and many to choose from) and today I repourpsed my wife!! sent her on a parts run for this bathroom remodel for her.(it,s her day off)
I was given a bug about 2 years ago, rusted SB, I had just had another one hauled off the day before, the wife gave me a look ,so I posted it in our vw club free bug,come & get I just want the trans(wanted the motor too but kinda hard to give away a rusted out shell) so it took hin till 2 months ago to finaly bring me the trans back, so I will recycle the trans, hmm this looks nice&clean,opened it up and a super diff in it, hd side cover,everything lookes good so I resealed it,changed the diff races(1 had a scar form something but the bearings were new), you just dont know till you recycle something.
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drscope wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:

Dunno, but most of the stuff in that sweet-ass kitchen is re-used. Light fixtures, wood for the cabinets, stools.

Don't know if I would have the testicular fortitude to do it myself.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
MrBreeze wrote:
73 KAFER wrote:
Major Woody wrote:

National Geographic?

Mark

Boy's Life
that hurt..... when I fell out of my chair.
I reuse everything I can whenever I can, but some stuff has to go. our local vw club make trophys from rods&cylinders,& somebody else is making lamps from camshafts.but for me today?I just piston the bushes Shocked the asshole neighbors bushes.
I also make a lot of machining jigs from old engine parts,v8 camshafts can be cut up and valve seat drivers made to install seats with a perfect fitting driver,cost $0.00. and tops of pistons I cut off to make cylinder & case centering tooling,and the steering wheel adaptor in my bug was a ford 351 ho piston top, still got the ring grooves on it.(I only use forged pistons) also head gasket sizing jigs for cutting the head gaskets the size I need them to be.and many other things. old exersize equipment thrown away has some good steel on them too to make all sorts of things.I made a 3 way tilt seat&guide table for my bridgeport from exersize equipment.then airfloated it.working on a magnetic float table for it too.as regular seat&guide tables are well over 500 pounds & stay put with just weight,mine has to be lightweight do to my effed up back&joints,so I ahve been clamping the table but now have a mag table (serface grinder chuck) to clamp with a lever easly where ever I want to faster & easyer, just have to make time to finish it.my parts cleaner is my old dishwasher(no not my wife, I got her a new one so I could have the old one) they work great.then I got her a new washeing machine!!! aint I a good husband.& the old one is in my shop to clean shop towels&such.I even have both ends of vw cranks to put in my lathe if I need to .and stub axles cut so I can stick it in the rear disc/drums&use it to center up with coaxiel gauge & redrill the hubs. I havent found many pats that cant be repourposed. it saves out earth&out pockets so it,s a good thing allaround!!Im even going to tile around the wall in my shop around the stainless sink with the leftover20" tiles Im instaling in my house for the wife!!
yesterday at lowes they have thier $2.78 silver lowes 5gal buckets filled with the broken tile peices for $5.00 for the people that do thier own tile(mosaic,or broken up look tile work like for fire places or paitio stuff) and that keeps the land fills for more garbage,sells thier bucket,and you haul away thier old broken tile(all the same desigine tiler in each indvidual bucket and many to choose from) and today I repourpsed my wife!! sent her on a parts run for this bathroom remodel for her.(it,s her day off)
I was given a bug about 2 years ago, rusted SB, I had just had another one hauled off the day before, the wife gave me a look ,so I posted it in our vw club free bug,come & get I just want the trans(wanted the motor too but kinda hard to give away a rusted out shell) so it took hin till 2 months ago to finaly bring me the trans back, so I will recycle the trans, hmm this looks nice&clean,opened it up and a super diff in it, hd side cover,everything lookes good so I resealed it,changed the diff races(1 had a scar form something but the bearings were new), you just dont know till you recycle something.

We would've been happy with just a picture of any one of these items Laughing Laughing
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy if I could just figure out how to post pics on this site,never had any issue on any other site, but just reading allthe steps or whatever you have to do is more than my brain can handle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: