Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Larry Ho - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: larryho
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 04, 2020
Tim10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Larry Ho - [email protected] Reply with quote

Larry is a very courteous person. Paypalled $75 for 2 shipped mufflers for his "friends." I spent about 3 hours and 30+ emails for clarifications and additional quesitons. I ended up taking photos to ensure we didn't have communication barriers.

My concern is shipping the wrong parts overseas (or even domestically).. I'd rather ensure the person is happy vs ship the wrong parts.

After about 30 notes, Larry commented that his "friends" were really customers, and that he wanted inventory parts... compared my 2 mufflers to CIP1 parts.

I'm not mad at him - am disappointed that I spent hours trying to help his "friends" ensure they were ordering the correct parts - to find out these were not repair parts and were resale.

He paid promptly - I refunded faster (after all the clerical emails).

T.

Also uses:
[email protected]
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it.

Larry ordered from you and you refuse to sell to him because he was having you drop ship them to his customers? Is that what you're saying?

What's the difference if they were his friends or customers? You get a sale with no injury.
Behemoth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that he wanted inventory parts... compared my 2 mufflers to CIP1 parts.

Actually I think Larry was wanting to buy parts for INVENTORY and NOT for friends and basically wasted way too much of Tims time for him to ship overseas on a lie(harsh wording but I didn't know how to say it otherwise).
Tim10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:
I don't get it.

Larry ordered from you and you refuse to sell to him because he was having you drop ship them to his customers? Is that what you're saying?

What's the difference if they were his friends or customers? You get a sale with no injury.

Good question...

I buy/sell/trade tons of parts... most of them are value priced with prepaid shipping.

We went through about 30 question and answers on $20 (new) mufflers.. then took photographs.

The difference is that I did all the emails for his "friends".. later learned that he normally orders from California imports and this would become inventory for resale.

I'll bend over backwards for someone's pal.. I'll write tons and tons of notes to give technical advice..

The notation was all of the effort put into this for "friends" who did not exist.

T.
larryho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 1st time I went into the forum and was surprised that someone posted something about me. I must go in more often and also give credit to so many people in Samba where I have purchased parts from - to help my friends who need them. What are friends for esp when we are are Bug lovers.
Regarding the transaction all I wanted from Tim was to assist us to confirm that his mufflers will be suitable for our cars. I thought Tim should be an expert, certainly much knowledgeable than me and should be able to help. He finally sent pictures which look quite different from the ones posted in Samba.
I already paid Tim and told him not to worry but just send the 2 mufflers with the stickers of the made/part numbers on them which was what I saw in Samba. We were all waiting for the mufflers but Tim just refunded me my payment to avoid misunderstanding.
I am surprised of his postings as I still consider Tim a friend. I still have all the emails. Its real sad.
TIM I still wish that you have not refunded me the money as we need the mufflers. You have been a great help and I appreciate this. Lets forget about this. Maybe you will sell me a muffler eventually. I still treasure your wrench - its a good piece.
larryho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks YellowSplittie - I have real friends, buddies in fact and we meet every weekend to discuss our hobby and enjoy ourselves surrounded by our Beetles.
Have a nice day you good folks out there. Peace to ALL
ladder332
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,
I just wanted to come on here and say thank you for your purchases. I hope you enjoyed all the parts, and thanks you for making it very easy for me to ship by sending the package to your freind in the US.

Guys,
Have no worries when dealing with Larry. He the kind of guy that crosses his 't's and dots his 'i's , so he'll have some questions. To me, I'd rather have that type of buyer, rather than someone that assumes parts will fit, parts are 100% new, etc. He's a nice guy, and even send me some pics of his projects. He's an A+ in my book, and I hope to hear from him again.
RussellK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold a wiper switch to Larry and had no problem with the transaction. Communication was good and as soon as Larry confirmed he wanted the part payment was quick then he let me know as soon as he recieved the part.
Jay Salser Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Selling to Larry in Saigon Reply with quote

I have really been pleased to get to know Larry in Saigon! It has expanded my VW horizon tremendously. My transaction with Larry was smooth and effortless. For this sale, I shipped to his friend in Oregon. Larry paid using PayPal. What's more, though, I enjoy finding out about people in other countries who are dealing with the same VW situations that we face in the USA. I am always surprised when Larry sends a personal message for Thanksgiving, Christmas or some other special occasion. I hope that I am spreading around some Volkswagen cheer by selling to people in other lands. Dealing with Volkswagens, I have found, is more than dealing with pieces of metal and rubber--it is the people who are behind these cars that make the VW Community what it is. Keep up the good work with your VW buddies, Larry Ho! jay salser in texas
Get Hot Bug Shop Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: VW rims Reply with quote

Larry purchased some stock steel wheels from me and the transaction went smoothly. He paypaled me the $ after several emails and a few extra pictures of the wheels. He is a very good negotiator....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vintage Auto Werks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had nothing but great dealings with Larry. He called me personally to talk about parts he needed. Once we argreed on what parts he was in need of he paid quick with no issues. I will deal with Larry again if he ever needs anything. There was no problems. Thanks again Larry.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
meredith murray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry is a great guy, very thoughtful in his emails, seams like an old friend. He does have a friend you can ship to in the states, this helped me as I'm unable to ship out of the states these days.

Anyway have no worries about Larry as he is a good guy and a good TheSamba Member.

Thanks again for the invite to your country, I might take you up on it someday!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TRparts Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

larry is a good buyer pays fast will ocassionaly buy & send parts for friends he got no problem to buy tracking for the items
will pay your price if is a good part & what he needs
I recomend him to other sellers!
krautclassicparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had very good Experiences with Larry Ho.
Very friendly,very good Communication,a highly recommended Member.

I would be happy if i could do Business with him again.

Best Regards
Thorsten from Germany ( vw-museum)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike McComb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Ho is a great guy to deal with, excellent communication and quick to pay. Thank you, It's been a pleasure.
keithn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a few things for sale and larry bought a couple of things. he communicated well and paid quick. that is what a good buyer does!!! so i shipped quick to him ... enjoy the parts larry and thanks....... keith
catastrophe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Great Person Reply with quote

Hey everyone I just wanted to come on here and say Larry Ho is one cool cat prompt to get the money out and easy going. I wish I could sell to people like him all the time. Anyway gots to go.

Thanks,
Catastrophe aka Ron
PJ_1600
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Feedback on Larry Ho Reply with quote

I recently sold an item to Larry and it was a pleasure. The communication was clear and he made payment immediately. I would not hesitate to deal with him again.
mintonman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like said above, Larry was/is a great guy to deal with, can't say one bad thing about him. He purchased some small parts from me early on a saturday morning with a quick payment as he wanted to have them buy a set date if possible, so in return for his fast payment & kindness I had to get them out that day. Happy to report they made it in time Wink Thanks again Larry it was a pleasure & I'm sure we'll deal again & again one way or another..........................James(MINTONMAN)
ecdez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold Larry something and have no complaints. He asks a lot of questions, but so what? If I buy something from halfway around the planet, I'm going to make sure I know what I'm paying for just like he did. He's very polite, easy to deal with and would gladly do business with again.
Type 4 - '74 412
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: