Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Bay recently?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 462, 463, 464  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
SixStringMadMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

After installing new rubber hoses and brakes all the way around 6 months or so ago, I finally got some free time to take the next step. Had a friend over and we bled the brakes. Then we got a new battery in and fired the beast up. She turned over and ran after only 3 tries. Did we get a chance to drive her around and test the brakes at that point? Of course not... I swear every time I think I'm in the clear to work on the bus, life creeps in and takes over.

Hopefully I can drive her next weekend and see if the brakes are adjusted properly. Then it's getting her ready to pass smog. Oh joy.
melville
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

airkooledchris wrote:
melville wrote:
Sold it!

After 23 years and a half dozen or so of these, we are once again fatchick free chez melville.

Spozedly it's going to the Netherlands.

Sad that we lost an excellent T4 bay from up here in waynorcal, but you can't keep em all (try as we might.)

They want them more than we do. All the interest I got from the Samba ad was from Europe, but none were able to pull the trigger. Bus was sold on eBay to a Bay Area broker who was bidding on behalf of a Dutch buyer.

Having relatives in the Netherlands myself (the Dutch are legendarily frugal) I can say that if they're outbidding VW people in the US, that we have to be the cheapest folk around.
75 R75/6
65 Standard Micro
57 Sedan
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: 221 255 795 Intermediate piece-Heater pipe (LHD) Reply with quote

Over the last week or so, I did a bunch of winter time maintenance and repair on my frankencamper. The standard stuff like oil/filter change, valve adjust, etc. I messed around with the front end alignment cause I thought the drag link was bad (it's fine). I finally installed a pedal pan, too. Only been six years since I have had both the bus and the pan, I figured it was about time to mate them together.

While I had the bus on the lift and the wood stove was crankin', I figured I would try to figure out why my heat cable to the passenger compartment was stuck. This is the one that blows heat out right at the base of the front seat walk though area. The knob would only move just slightly so I figured the cable was stuck. So I pulled it off at the main feed line underneath.

Here is the connection with the flap inside.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And here is the reason the flap wouldn't move...

Somebody, sometime, way back in the life of this bus, shoved this little brass lock down the heater slot.
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

That is an unusual lock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-FTH-MACH-2-commemo...SwnLdWqUuW

cdennisg wrote:
Over the last week or so, I did a bunch of winter time maintenance and repair on my frankencamper. The standard stuff like oil/filter change, valve adjust, etc. I messed around with the front end alignment cause I thought the drag link was bad (it's fine). I finally installed a pedal pan, too. Only been six years since I have had both the bus and the pan, I figured it was about time to mate them together.

While I had the bus on the lift and the wood stove was crankin', I figured I would try to figure out why my heat cable to the passenger compartment was stuck. This is the one that blows heat out right at the base of the front seat walk though area. The knob would only move just slightly so I figured the cable was stuck. So I pulled it off at the main feed line underneath.

Here is the connection with the flap inside.

Is that #36? 221 255 795 Intermediate piece-Heater pipe (LHD)

Thanks you
Tcash
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Looks like #36 to me.

The lock is tiny. Neat engraving, though. I didn't find a key.
zoobum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Painted the sliding door handle while at the beach.

I went to the beach for 10hrs this Sunday and decided to paint the sliding door handle while I was there. It was beautiful outside and what better time then now to work on the bus.

After the handle was on and painted we decided to go down to the beach and build a fire.

Another Great day w/ the bus.

Nothing fancy, but much needed.
Before:

After:

Sunset & Fire:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goodhand77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

well guys my westy didn't come with a dinette table so i built one using actual dimensions and as the process went it greatly improved installing cup holders first than it5 turned into double hinged and multi functioning:)

worked great

and my 72'S!!!!!

1972 beetle sedan almost original

1972 westfalia current project, and loving it!!!
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

this is a great idea/improvement.
you should have inlaid a smile into the face. Surprised

Goodhand77 wrote:
well guys my westy didn't come with a dinette table so i built one using actual dimensions and as the process went it greatly improved installing cup holders first than it5 turned into double hinged and multi functioning:)

worked great

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
this is a great idea/improvement.
you should have inlaid a smile into the face. Surprised

Goodhand77 wrote:

worked great

Pretty clever to have it double hinged for the cups then laid down for the bed Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Goodhand77 wrote:

This is genius.
Jalabert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Good work!

'73 westy, 1700 type 4 with 34icts
fastmc25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Finally got the wheels i've been wanting for my new build.... Meet Pickle... soon to be rolling on 17x7" New Beetle Heritage wheels... Cool

Paul

1973 Type181 Kubelwagen (Thing 2 ) 2110cc
1971 Transporter (Pickle) 1914cc
1961 Deluxe Beetle (Christine) 1776cc
1973 Adventurewagen Baja Bus (Clyde) 3.4L
1970 Formula Vee Beetle 2276cc

I identify as: “A Pissed Old GI ”
MonkeySee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Installed LED headlights in the '70. Also shown but not posted before, installed vintage Hella driving lights
converted to LED using camping lanterns from WM. Looks super at night. Now to work on LED-ing the other
lights as well.
MonkeySee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Goodhand77 wrote:
well guys my westy didn't come with a dinette table so i built one using actual dimensions and as the process went it greatly improved
installing cup holders first than it5 turned into double hinged and multi functioning:)
worked great

I'm so stealing this idea for my other '70 which I also didn't get with a table.
Goodhand77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Sooo worth it , works great , feel free to pm me when you getting ready I would gladly share a few of me trial and errors upon the completion of project took a lot of time to get it "just right" for my pride and joy!!!
We love our vws!!!!

and my 72'S!!!!!

1972 beetle sedan almost original

1972 westfalia current project, and loving it!!!
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Goodhand77 wrote:
Sooo worth it , works great , feel free to pm me when you getting ready I would gladly share a few of me trial and errors upon the completion of project took a lot of time to get it "just right" for my pride and joy!!!
We love our vws!!!!

Ill be making mine like yours soon, post any tips here so we can reference them here.
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

MonkeySee wrote:
Goodhand77 wrote:
well guys my westy didn't come with a dinette table so i built one using actual dimensions and as the process went it greatly improved
installing cup holders first than it5 turned into double hinged and multi functioning:)
worked great

I'm so stealing this idea for my other '70 which I also didn't get with a table.

I will be shamelessly stealing this as well for my 69. Elegant solution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

GoodHand Awesome job and well thought out too...... Applause

I do have a question though. What did you use for the table leg ?

I have a westy interior and the factory table leg broke at the pivot
bracket so it's kaput.

Thank You for sharing.

Chris
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

I have been gathering parts squirrel style over the winter months. Carb from Tim at volkzbitz, intake manifold and a Pertronix" II SVDA Distributor from aircooled.net. Bus is in storage an hour away, it'll have to wait.
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
sean14538
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Bay recently? Reply with quote

Do you think that you could post the link of what lights you bought? they look great!

MonkeySee wrote:
Installed LED headlights in the '70. Also shown but not posted before, installed vintage Hella driving lights
converted to LED using camping lanterns from WM. Looks super at night. Now to work on LED-ing the other
lights as well.

Build Thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=631317

How to post photos:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 462, 463, 464  Next
Jump to:
Page 389 of 464

Jump to: