Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

originalo - [email protected] - Jan
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: originalo
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
peanuts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan is great seller.
Smooth transaction!
Fine packing job!
Thank you.
rillette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, smooth transaction.
Jan is great seller!
A+
totof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Original Huf Key Reply with quote

Very kind and accountable guy !
Everything dealed were 100% completed Smile
I would not hesitate a second to come back to Jan for any kind of original old VW parts..
cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw_dormobile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful parts!!!
He is perfect!
velkke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a great item from Jan, and it was better than expected when
it arrived.
The transaction went smoothly, I can highly recommend his service !
J_L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan is great to deal with, prompt, accurate and friendly. Item as described and well packaged. Would not hesitate to deal with again. Thanks Jan.
Gene Dannan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: 53-54 Strapover Air Clean Reply with quote

Just received the 53-53 Oval Strap Over air cleaner from Jan. Very satisfied, great packing job. Could not be happier after working with him. A+ member and seller on The Samba
vwfeener54rhd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Easy purchase Reply with quote

Very quick and easy transaction. Would buy again thanks for the quick response and all the tracking/info....
schutz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Guy, very friendly and helpful. Part exactly as described and a great addition to my Barndoor. See you at Hessich Oldendorf in June. A+ Highly Recommended! Cool
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a dome light lens from Jan and it was exactly as described. He shipped the lens quickly and it was perfectly packed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^So Loren bought the Good interior light.

I bought the other one that Jan had for sale.
He said in his ad, It could be NOS with some minor shelf wear.
Which was fine with me.
I received the parcel and the first thing I see is this crack running through it.
I contacted Jan, and his mentality is if you can't feel it with you fingernail its nothing to worry about.
No Jan it has a crack in it!
I opened a dispute with PayPal and they found it in my favour.
They said to send it with tracking back and i'll receive a refund.
Now the interior light cost me $125 and to send it back would cost me $55 with tracking.
I didn't send it back because It wasn't worth it.
Looking at his original ad I can now see the line running through the lens, so it wasn't broken in transit.
The pic below was taken by me.
Thank you very f#*king much Jan!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1469183

I agree with the above, I can see a crack in the original ad photos.
If you want the ad photos to post here for reference, contact me.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that Everett, your backing is worth more than any pic.

Previous emails -

ME - Looking at the photo it looks like a scratch but its cracked right through. It's on the inside too.
I don't care what they sell for or how old it is.
If its it was a scratch or shelf wear I could polish it and make it like new but this is BROKEN.
I would not have bought it.
I wants money back!

JAN - please stay with true facts: the lens is not broken through, the effect you are claimimg was and is not feelable on the outside, I tried that before offering the part and also before sending it off. If you are telling now the lens is cracked right through this definately is not and was not the case.
If there would have been a crack through I would have included that in my description.
And I packed it carefully enough that there couldnīt have occurred a transport damage producing a throughgoing crack.

JAN - honestly I have nnever taken the lamp apart. I even do not know how to do it. Itīs a matter of fact that from outside of lens this is not feelable. So it is no crack through. I told you that several times, you do not react to it.
Also no understanding from you that this effect was well visible in the adīs foto, I repeated to you.
Also no comment from your side, that I said in my ad, lens has shelfwear (so you must calculate with traces of usage when buying). I did not say it is NOS. I said it could well be NOS with shelfwear.
You ignore all this.
I cannot see in any way that I offered the lamp in a wrong way and I cannot recognize that I cheeted you on it.
Nevertheless you came up in a rude manner sending me two fotos with no comment, then claiming I didnīt answer you ...after a few hours only. Pls note that I am not a internet junky hanging all the time on my PC and I am doing this VW thing for a hobby and then saying upfront "I want my money back".
Please note: I do not feel guilty in any way.
originalo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I have to add a few facts here, as buyer picked only some isolated apects matching his subjective impression.

1- In my ad offering this lamp I indeed said, that the lamp might be NOS and I am still sure it never was installed in a car. But I also said that the lens has some shelfwear. I had priced it accordingly. The effect shown in the above foto was visible to me, but on the assembled lamp it was not feelable. It definately is and was no crack through as buyer claimed. Definately not true. It looked like a milky effect in the lens, as can be seen in the foto below, which also was in my ad. I truly never disassembled that lamp.

2- My ad had -as always when I am offering parts- several (4) fotos and also this one here was part of my ad and it is clearly showing this effect. Thanks Everett for confirming here, that this was noticeable in my ad. But Everett is in an error telling from the one foto that there is a crack through the lens. This -as I said- clearly is not the case.
I think we all can agree upon that the fotos also are part of a desription. So I would like to underline that this was also one of the four fotos in my ad:

3- First contact by buyer after having received the lamp was in an extremely rude and aggressive manner: He just sent me two fotos of the lamp nothing more. No word, no text, no nothing with it. Really, I didnīt know what he wanted. Only a few hours later he sent an email just asking nervously why I didnīt answer to his mail. I mailed back, what exactly he wants? He then mailed back "I want my money back". Just this text. Nothing more.

4- Also here in this feedback he talks to me ("F§cking thank you") and he calls this lamp ("A PIECE OF SHIT") so thatīs the kind of his behaviour.

5- After him having opened a dispute on Paypal they decided that the buyer was entitled to a full refund which I accepted, but buyer let pass the ten days deadline and reminders from Paypal to deliver trackingnr. of return of the lamp, because -sorry- thatīs part of the Paypal rules.

After all I can say that I have one of the best feedbacks here on this site, as can be seen on all previous posts as I take utmost care in my descriptions and always add many fotos but experience now shows that in spite of all my efforts along the years there will always be the one person not satisfied.
I am very sorry about that this one isolated buyer could not be satisfied but I canīt do more about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It looked like a milky effect in the lens, as can be seen in the foto below, which also was in my ad. I truly never disassembled that lamp.

Quote:
But Everett is in an error telling from the one foto that there is a crack through the lens. This -as I said- clearly is not the case.

Milky? Really? As soon as I opened the package I CLEARLY spotted a crack, even with the housing on.

technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5- After him having opened a dispute on Paypal they decided that the buyer was entitled to a full refund which I accepted, but buyer let pass the ten days deadline and reminders from Paypal to deliver trackingnr. of return of the lamp, because -sorry- thatīs part of the Paypal rules.

Yes it's PayPal rules, but it's not right.
I shouldn't be out of pocket for something that clearly was broken to begin with. You should be.
Most decent people would see it that way.
originalo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please donīt be so furious....seems the more you are disassembling, assembling... the lamp the more an initially barely visible effect gets to be a real crack.

Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
originalo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
Quote:

Yes it's PayPal rules, but it's not right.
I shouldn't be out of pocket for something that clearly was broken to begin with. You should be.
Most decent people would see it that way.

So you seriously wanted me to refund you and same time keep the part? Now thatīs getting weird now. You had the oportunity to get refunded but you didnīt want to. So come on the case is closed.
Now letīs move on.
technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please donīt be so furious....seems the more you are disassembling, assembling... the lamp the more an initially barely visible effect gets to be a real crack.

The funny thing is, is that this was the first thing I saw when I opened your parcel and the last thing you saw when packing it.
(this photo was taken before I disassembled it)
Quote:
So you seriously wanted me to refund you and same time keep the part? Now thatīs getting weird now. You had the oportunity to get refunded but you didnīt want to. So come on the case is closed.
Now letīs move on.

I never said that.
You should be paying for the return postage and giving me a full refund.
originalo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The funny thing is, is that this was the first thing I saw when I opened your parcel and the last thing you saw when packing it.
(this photo was taken before I disassembled it)[quote="technik"]

Sorry, I canīt believe you here.
Never the effect was like that when the lamp left my home.
So the solely funny thing here is it that you come out with this foto only now after we have exchanged tons of mails privately, then tons of text in Paypal and then all that posts here in this very thread.
Who in the world would believe that this pic was taken right after you took the lamp out of the box, whilst you never came up with for weeks, only now??

Last edited by originalo on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: