Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aluminum Cleaner?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharkskinman
Lateral Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Aluminum Cleaner? Reply with quote

Im looking to take my mahle wheels and Clean them Before polishing them
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I get the Sand Paper and Polish
I dont think that the fronts are that bad
Maybe just a light clean and then a polish

But the backs are Nasty

My question is ...
What Has Worked Best For All Of You?
Pictures of before and after?
and thoughts on
Alcoa Aluminum Cleaner

http://www.hereinmaine.com/aviation/37129.php
or http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?prodID=6516&affiliateID=358&src=frg

Me of Course wrote:
Extremity is relative to how far your willing to jump

Ward Cleaver wrote:
You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards

PS4 "NKOGNEATO"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your also going to have to remove the anodized coating from them before any polishing. i had planned to have mine bead blasted this week. in doing a little more reading i've been told that Easy Off will strip the anodizing off and leave you with a much better surface than blasting. i'm supposed to drop my Mahles off at the blaster friday morning. i'm going to try easy off on one tomorrow morning to see if it works. if it does i'll easy off all of them if it doesn't i'll still take them to the blaster. if the easy off doesn't leave them with the best surface i'm thinking of still taking them to the blaster but having them blasted with walnut shell instead of glass or a combo of the two. i'll let you know how either or all work within the next 48 or so hrs. then i get to spend the weekend polishing.

there is a company out of south carolina called Jestco, that sells a powder that you mix a solution from and submerge the wheel for 10-15 and it strips the anodize off. it's cheap and supposedly you only use a small amount. they also sell tons of polishing stuff. i may place an order with them tomorrow as well...ken....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: