Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What a weekend
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wantsAbugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: What a weekend Reply with quote

So I made some aquisions over the weekend. I got hooked up with a lady that I work with and it so happens that she had some parts in her barn, (go figure huh). So I go there up in the loft no kidding, there is a L50D sapphire blue 71-72 SB hood and a pair of doors. Me as giddy as a school girl brings then down and compares the hood to my crappy one on my car. I go back up and grab the door (i need a passanger door, mine is caved in from some schmuck). I ask her how much, I almost passed out when she said $25 each! I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough!

It dosen't stop there. Friend of mine calls me, needs a hand with his bug. 69 pan off restoration. Just some stuff getting it ready for paint. I spend a couple of hours helping him sand and stuff. I was ready to go and he says " hey want a new distributor?" I'm figuring its a crappy 009, but to my surprise he pulls out a pristene 010, I almost shit myself. I looked at it and it is missing the bolt holding the condenser wire on but other wise pristene! Best part is: $20. I took off before he could change his mind!!!

It was a good weekend!
73 Westy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
VW_MAN_73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! I got a steering wheel for $1, windshield washer reservoir for $1, window visors for $1 and a pair of bumper brackets for $5, pretty good weekend for myself too Cool
jwcurry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deals.

I had a line on a trailer hitch for a Beetle that a co-worker's uncle had found in his barn. I wouldn't have used it, but wanted it anyway. Before I could get the guy on the phone he had already hauled it off to to a scrap metal yard.

Dangit.
wantsAbugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwcurry wrote:
Good deals.

I had a line on a trailer hitch for a Beetle that a co-worker's uncle had found in his barn. I wouldn't have used it, but wanted it anyway. Before I could get the guy on the phone he had already hauled it off to to a scrap metal yard.

Dangit.

DOH! Evil or Very Mad
73 Westy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: