Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any 1960's E 100 Ford Econoline van and pickup owners here ?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
baja charlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my employees is doing a 63 van and I'm doing a 69 A 108.were learning alot and we joined up with an original old school van club called WHEELS of CONFUSION and they have been a huge help.I suggest finding a van club in your area check out www.vannin.com or hit me up for info (714)357-8409
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
baja charlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can check out pics of my vans and some from the last run at www.myspace.com/bajacharlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Econoline owner but I just put two days in drilling out 7 of the 13 exhaust bolts that were snapped off in my buddies '62 144 motor.
I like the early Econoline vans a lot better than the later styles- as they are a whole lot easier to work on
hank
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dubbers Toy Box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got to go check out www.showtrux.com
alot of cool van pics

Dubber's Toy box
714-900-DUBS
714-622-4956
www.DubbersToyBox.com

Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DubbersToyBox
Twitter at http://twitter.com/dubberstoybox
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volksbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad had a 67 econline van in the early 90's, his nephew gave it to him it was a beat OG Van Og 6cyl Falcon engine and a 3 on the tree, but I thought it was cool. He used to take me to school in it and the kids used to geek out and say Oh Scooby Doo Van! It was cool though for a youngin. I remember the one day the water pump or the fan was going on it, my Dad said go sit in the back just in case the fan blades decided to come flying out of the dog house. Hot as hell in the summer and cold in the winter. Reminds me of a VW Bus now.
Ron B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Comment On My Blog Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just joined this group although I don't own a VW of any kind. I never did but I have a lot of experience being around them in 1963 to 1964.

I am the owner of the blog that was quoted in this group:

http://1965econolinepickup.blogspot.com/

Thank you for the kind words. The blog and the restoration of my E100 pickup are definitely labors of love.

I worked in the parts department at a VW dealership in Hempstead, NY when I graduated from high school in 1963. Oh, the stories that I can tell about my experiences there! If anyone wants to hear ancient history just let me know!

Cheers!

Ron B. in Lake George, NY
'65 87B Special aka "The Money Pit"
Blog: http://tinyurl.com/65Restore
Photos: http://tinyurl.com/RBPhotos
Email: YahooRon(at)roadrunner.com
eBay Member: 64spyderman
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"(2) 1961 Rampside white Corvair pickups, easy to restore, $1,500, Touchet, WA, 509-529-2779." 9/26/08 www.capitalpress.com FWIW?
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks ago, we were coming back from dinner out, and my 16 yr old wanted to swing by a friends close to the resturant and pick up a game, as we wound thru that neighborhood I noticed what looked to be a 60s econoline for sale. Being it was dark we had everyone with us, I didn't think to stop to check into it. Might do it tomorrow since my chiropractor is close to the area and I need adjusted.
localboy
Samba Longboarder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

localboy wrote:

Neighbor up the street has one like this in his garage. He just moved in a few months ago. Looks to be a project in progress. Pretty cool.

Talked to the guy today. He's doing a total hot-rod job on it. His brother builds hot-rods so he's helping him. I tell him I'm into old ACVWs. He asks if the Westy down the street is mine (it is). He then tells me he HAD a '65 Splitty bus (deluxe I think he said Think ) he just sold for a down payment on the house. He got $12K for it. Says to me "If you ever wanna sell your Westy..." Laughing Small world. Cool

Black '65 Resto-Custom S Notch 2110 cc powered
original paint Pearl White '66 Westy SO-42
Allstate single-wheel trailer project
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirty_rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even thought ive got vws. i love my 62 econoline.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
fireguy976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: lowering Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently bought a 65 dodge A100 pick up. found this site because I also love the econolines as well.

Im looking to lower the truck, and as the suspesions on these are pretty much the same, Im hoping someone here has done this and can help with the paticulars.

thanks,
Ken j
leftcoastclassics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: I have a '1961 Ford Econoline Reply with quote

I looked for years to find a tastefully restored Econoline stub-nose to replace my first van. I gave up and am now two ears into a build. I have only seen one van out of 100's that I really liked and it was not for sale and besides, it was an 8-door which I did not want. So this is what I'm building:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3120318
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: I have a '1961 Ford Econoline Reply with quote

leftcoastclassics wrote:
I looked for years to find a tastefully restored Econoline stub-nose to replace my first van. I gave up and am now two ears into a build. I have only seen one van out of 100's that I really liked and it was not for sale and besides, it was an 8-door which I did not want. So this is what I'm building:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3120318

Thats looks awesome!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Van-go108
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this last weekend at a show.

1973 Thing
1957 Continental Mark II Click to view image
Johnny O'Connelline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Any 1960's E 100 Ford Econoline van and pickup owners he Reply with quote

YES THERE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!! While I love vw splitties, I woult not ever want to own one of those evilhandling underpowered pieces of otherwise wonderfully excellent engineering. While all 90" wheelbase vehicles"suffer" in the handling dept. My 67 Heavy Duty Eco is up there.
I have been driving My current one since 1994. I'm the third owner. Ibought it with 60,000. It now has 103,000. It made an appearance in the movie Jumanji in 93? They will bolt brass handles to it and they will bury me in it. I have owned early econz since I was 18. I'm now in my late 40's.
Yea, We're out here, or are we out there??
Johnny O'Connelline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew in my gut there were others that appreciated the veewe vans & pickups, but prefered American versions. I'm very new to samba "Today!"
as a matter of fact. I'm lovin. a's and e's.
sleestak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: econoline truck camper?? Reply with quote

did they ever make a camper shell for the econoline pick up? people have told me yes, but i have never seen one.
drob76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: 63 econile Reply with quote

I grew up in Canada and bought my first car in '94 for 250$ Canadian! a 1963 Mercury (Ford) E100 it had a little 170 in it and all original. Unfortunately it hasd no power and no guts, my dad was a shop teacher and a friend donated a '74 mustangII with a 250ci so we did an engine swap and mated it to a 3 speed manual transmission. I moved to georgia to go to school and finally made itout to Ca. Fast forward 15 years, for my wedding present lo and behold, my ;parents kept ther van! they towed it down for my wedding present, a couple of months later, new brakes, radiator, and tune up I now regularily drive it again. Parts are very easy to get, Any autozone or kragen even napa. I will post pics soon as I just signed up.
doctavee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: a100 Reply with quote

i am looking for an a100 in the northeast area near boston, i have about 2000 to spend. im looking to replace my totaled a100. please feel free to contact me with info. 5089718989 or email me [email protected] id be interested in any trucks or panel vans id settle for a window van even
AndrewM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to post non vw pics here, but I bought a 1964 Dodge A100 back this past summer. Its pretty solid, original paint panel van with rear window delete option. It's not on the road yet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: