Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

campism wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hmm...old style cradle and original oil pan, but it's sporting an ac compressor. OK for a street van, but that low clearance will get the anti-Zetec folks all worked up. Cool

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

Drove down to Petersburg today to knock around on my wife's birthday and while cutting through a downtown alley we spotted this kinda rusty '86. Very clean interior, and some cool stickers.

BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

Spotted in Honolulu. Beauty.

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

Heh. Dierdorf. That's 3.5 hours from me, up the A3. Cool
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jchughes05
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

I've only seen one Westy parked on the side of the street in the city where I work.
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

I'm camped at Los Frailes beach in Baja, Mex. There is a lime green type 3 Bulli with a high top. The owners are a nice German couple. It is 2wd with the 1.6 diesel motor. We shared photos of Busses by the Bridge which I just attended and they had photos of a Splitty/Bay gathering they attended in Florida.
MichaelRpdx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

February 9 about 11:15 just south of Bandon Oregon.

Spotted the doppelganger of my 89 red Westy. We exchanged a high ten wave.

Was it you? Who are you?
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

Saw a white 88-91 full camper today in Missoula with the plates "Flytime"

Which one of you was it?

I'll find my van someday, or it will find me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
comet42 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

Good hunting today with the warmer weather.

Adventurewagen at Whole Paycheck

Chilling with a friend's new air cooled Westy.

... and finally spotted another Doka in Santa Fe with New Mexico plates! No pics yet. Chased it down and waved at the driver. All this time I thought ours was the only one in the state.
79 Bus - Champagne Edition (sold)

Last edited by comet42 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abelabelabel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

Saw a few of you around Downtown San Luis Obispo and Pismo Beach this weekend. This was the only picture I got.

ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

Spotted Lucas (owner of GoWesty) on Friday afternoon headed south on the 101 between SLO and Pismo in his desert beige converted "TriStar" Syncro Doka Cool. Of course, I wasn't in my Westy Sad and I'm thankful I didn't have a wad of cash otherwise I would have turned west and dumped it on a pair of Recaros as I was passing through Laughing .

Drove north from SLO to TXR on Saturday. My kids loved the new "backyard" (and the food, not to mention the music of course!). Drove from TXR home today. Great to be home, even better to be back in the Westy tomorrow morning Very Happy !
newfisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

#pacificbeach @portlandvanagons
Fiddlestyx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

I keep seeing a brown Westfalia with a white top on San Pedro Ave. in San Antonio Tx. on my way to school.

We don't have many Vanagons here (that I know of), so it's always nice to see one on the road.
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

Baja

0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

another one in Baja

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

So, I was making the usual Sunday afternoon trip to the dog park so the hound could get her miles in and spied a familiar grey Westy parked nearby, but with new damage. "Oh, no! Looks like someone nailed the rear quarter panel." It was gone when we came out but was there again this morning so I stopped. This is the Bostig van I've mentioned before. While I was looking at it (did not look as nice as I remembered) a woman asked if she could help me and I mentioned that I have one just like it, a grey '87 Westy, and I mentioned I'd seen this one before, the one with the Ford engine. She then said, "Oh, that's our other grey camper. My husband just bought this one." He walked out the driveway and was surprised to learn that I had one to match his two. And his new one has a Sube conversion. I told him to wait and I'd go get mine (we were driving the Mopar dog van).

A few minutes later we get the shot of the triplets lined up; three Wolfram Grey Metallic '87 Westies. One is a stock WBX (mine) and he has the Sube and the Bostig, all three with manual trans. He'd never driven a WBX so we took turns driving the other's vans. I had driven a Sube with auto trans but never a manual. I liked the feel of the Sube better (low end grunt) but did not get to drive it on the highway so could not compare highway manners to the Bostig. He did not know which Sube engine had been swapped in so could not give me any details; he'd bought both vans with the swaps already completed. He was impressed with the stocker. I also showed him some of the other mods we'd done and he really likes the working A/C.

During our drives he mentioned how he'd never seen one in town except the green one near the university (that I have also posted here) so I took him down some side streets in his neighborhood (the Bellevue area of Richmond) and pointed out the late model blue tintop, the older two-tone blue tintop and we also saw a metallic blue Westy that I'd seen once in passing but never close up. Also an '87, as it turns out. Quite a morning overall.

Mars10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

What a nice surprise! I caught this girl over at the grocery store in Juneau, Alaska today. There are not many here in town, so I had to snap a picture.

Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

I was in Western Mass for a post wedding party with my Daughters' new in-laws and saw the very clean Westy just around the Vt. /Ma. boarder stopped at a river turnoff. I wanted to take a photo on the way back but they have moved on. I saw it 2 other times that same day around North Adams, Ma. Here's the kicker, when we arrived at the restaurant for the party it was sitting in the parking lot of the restaurant. In North Adams I saw a total of 14 in one day, it must be a Vanagon "Hot Spot"

[/img]
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Reply with quote

That's my area, It's not normally a hotspot for vans. A lot of them you saw may have been traveling through to the show in CT this past weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Jump to:
Page 102 of 170

Jump to: