Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

whats the widest tire
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennymo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: whats the widest tire Reply with quote

what is the widest tire i can fit on a 65 bug? i plan to have it pretty low but i would like to have some meat in the rear. so what is the widest tire i can put on without rubbing? also is there anyway for me to make it so there is no so much camber when i slam it? i dont want to wear the tires out so quickly. if not thats fine
fatalifeaten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 225/60x15's and down 2 notches out back and there's a little room. You might be able to get a 245 under the rear fenders, but I don't know. If you widen the fenders you can get some ridiculously fat rubber under there.

What are you running up front?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
kennymo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatalifeaten wrote:
I'm running 225/60x15's and down 2 notches out back and there's a little room. You might be able to get a 245 under the rear fenders, but I don't know. If you widen the fenders you can get some ridiculously fat rubber under there.

What are you running up front?

can you post a picture of yours please?

i dont have the bug yet. i used to have a 65 but sold it when my funds hit the ground and i needed money quick. i plan on building my new one somewhat like this right here. i just need to figure out what this guy has going on here. i found this pic in another thread.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
rambler1959
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like he is running 16 inch wheels.

do you plan to run 16's as well?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kennymo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i would also want to run 16s. in the thread he said he is running 16s. and has a 4.5 narrowed beam up front. i dont know much about narrow beams. but if i narrow the beam 4.5 inches doesnt that make the tires stick way in? i dont get how he has his right at the fender lips. i would ask him but the thread i found it in is very very old and hes not active anymore.
fatalifeaten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennymo wrote:

can you post a picture of yours please?

Here you go. I'm only running 15" wheels though. AE 5 spokes all around, 5.5" wide.

Here's kind of an overall shot of how it sits on a 4" narrowed beam and spindles up front.

"I want to know God's thoughts. The rest are details"
--Albert Einstein

'66 Beetle
'63 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: