Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sizing Porsche wheels to my bug?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KooK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Sizing Porsche wheels to my bug? Reply with quote

1969 with stock fenders and a 2 inch drop all the way around. I would like to see a 17x7 Porsche Turbo Twist wheel but I wouldn't know what offset would work or what tires I could run, or if this wheel is possible. Really I'm more concerned about if the wheel will work and what offset I would use because the tire seems like the easier part. Also, I figure I gotta get a wheel adapter for obvious reasons which will change the offset, where can I get a wheel adapter like that?

Please let me know! Thanks in advance!
rory_a
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the wheel adapters in the Classifieds section. About the same cost, maybe cheaper, to buy new drums drilled for the Porsche pattern, and you won't have to run adapters.

The 17x7 Twist wheel (off the Boxster) will work for you, I think they have a 50mm or so offset. Might be tight at the fender lips without a narrowed beam, but they'll fit at 2" drop. 205/40 front and 225/45 tires for the rear are a great tire combo running 17s.
JP66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out this link, its great.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
rory_a
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link needs to be made a sticky or in the recourses sticky. Too many people ask the same thing over and over.
KooK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! One more question, if I were to get a narrowed front beam, how far would you really want to go? The only problem I can see with running one is later on I wouldn't mind doing some low-speed autocrossing with this car just for fun.

Edit : By the way, this car currently has front disc which means I will at least need to get two adapters, I'm tempted to do a 5 lug disc conversion in the front though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: