Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Southern Integrity Aircoolers new club in the southeast!
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MODIFIER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Southern Integrity Aircoolers new club in the southeast! Reply with quote

Looking to start a new club in South Carolina and surrounding area.any interest?
No real parameters,just a network of possible friendships to benifit all involved.
If enough show interest I believe we can get together and set some rules and standards.
This stems from the DSS Alan Willis debacle,and I think if we can get together without someone like him around,
we should be able to get something started.
What do you guys think?

62 Beetle
63 Vert
64 Beetle
https://www.facebook.com/SmartFarmServices

Last edited by MODIFIER on Sat May 03, 2008 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested Steve. Just so long as stock cars are allowed. Very Happy

Joey
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
MODIFIER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn right stock would be allowed.
Your endorsement of this would mean a lot.
This guy is a top shelf machinist and a hella good guy!

62 Beetle
63 Vert
64 Beetle
meredith murray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODIFIER wrote:
Damn right stock would be allowed.
Your endorsement of this would mean a lot.
This guy is a top shelf machinist and a hella good guy!

I would like to get something up and going in the Area again, been a while, the only VW thing I have to drive now is my 72 Weekender but I'm proud of it! Then down the road I will have my 64 SC Truck then my 64 Bug!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for the drive every once in a while. I am always up to expand my vw contacts. Probably could bring along some guys from around here with me.
62 Beetle
64 Beetle "Pat"
metalchomper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Carolina Aircooled, possible new club in area? Reply with quote

MODIFIER wrote:
Looking to start a new club in South Carolina and surrounding area.any interest?
No real parameters,just a network of possible friendships to benifit all involved.
If enough show interest I believe we can get together and set some rules and standards.
This stems from the DSS Alan Willis debacle,and I think if we can get together without someone like him around,
What do you guys think?

Thanks for starting this thread! IMHO, There needs to be input on what people want out of a club. I think fellowship and networking is a common theme. There are some that wants only a certain type of car in a club. How about an all-encompassing club with different factions?

Maybe a format like “Title” + “Genre”?

Title examples: Carolina, Southeastern, East Coast, Right Coast (my favorite)

Example:
Carolina Stock Bugs or Southeastern Stock Bugs
Southeastern Metal Scraper Bugs or Carolina Metal Scraper Bugs

Some ideas for genres or factions:
1. Stock Bugs
2. All Buses
3. Bug Rod (displacements > 1800cc is my favorite)
4. Slammed
5. Cal Look
6. ???

Your car may fit into multiple categories and therefore could allow one to be in multiple clubs. Over time club segments could be combined or expanded.

I’m just thinking of a way to bring a larger group of people together and still satisfy the many VW mini cultures.

Devil Dog Dubs

I live vicariously through me

'62 Beetle, "Zombie Mojo"
'68 Manx II "Conundrum"
'72 SB "Luftwaffle", 2270 T4
'75 SB Wizard Rodster "Olympias" (Mrs. Metalchomper's car)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kuncle
I am Kyle Deese

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I'm down.. and I dont think that my car will fit in the stock bug club... Sorry lol
ocdbeetle
Samba Optimist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in favor...as far as restrictions or "required modifications" I'm not in favor...Right now its hard to find another acvw on the road around here much less several clubs to choose from...
Lets just build a strong acvw club and if after time something spins off into a "specialized club" for those who choose so be it...I'm totally NOT agains mods...just don't want to mod mine to be in a club... Smile
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocdbeetle wrote:
I'm in favor...as far as restrictions or "required modifications" I'm not in favor...Right now its hard to find another acvw on the road around here much less several clubs to choose from...
Lets just build a strong acvw club and if after time something spins off into a "specialized club" for those who choose so be it...I'm totally NOT agains mods...just don't want to mod mine to be in a club... Smile

I agree with you. I don't expect to be in a club where all cars are stock but I wouldn't want mine to be the only stock one there. I appreciate diversity.

Joey

MODIFIER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocdbeetle wrote:

I believe OCD has the right idea of allowing stock and modded to join.
not many of any type around here,so the more the merrier.
We will need to try and stay objective for all involved,I.E. I cant stand people bashing on someones car because he modded it or didnt mod it,etc etc.
Some things that need to be addressed are:
safety issues,I think we need to all be as safe as possible in our cars.
act a fool driving,bad brakes,bald tires,things that can hurt you or others should be taken care of before coming to a cruise or gathering.
just respect your car and dont let it get to be a "hoodride"mechanically.
Trading/buying/selling:
ALL deals should be handled with the highest respect for each other,no matter what!
screw a fellow member and you should be out,period.
This club should be about having good times with our ACVW,s
I think if enough people join we can divide away groups later IF the members vote it out that way.

62 Beetle
63 Vert
64 Beetle
buggyblues
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a the low country vw club and also a unofficial club I know the low country vw has almost all different vws from buggies to gti's and cabriolets we meet once a month and all vws owners are welcome. lots of stock and custom guys. I know alot of the members lurk on here and could post up pics and more club info. also once a month there is a local open car show where 18 vws showed up the first show next one is the first sat of next month would be nice to see over 20 vws since the ford club is putting it on and I think we came close to out numbering them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
meredith murray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODIFIER wrote:

Some things that need to be addressed are:
safety issues,

Just a funny note, I was speaking to a teacher yesterday who said she had a 62 Ghia when she was in her 20's..... all of her friends loved ridding with her because they had to hold a rope to keep the passengers door closed, she said it was hard steering, shifting and holding that rope all byherself. Shocked

MODIFIER wrote:

Trading/buying/selling:
ALL deals should be handled with the highest respect for each other no matter what!

I think this is good, I have a lot of parts that could help others in the area, I need allot of parts for my two current projects, and I would like to sell some of my parts at a good club price.

Also value the fact that others have parts and not use them to get parts and never trade, pay or return the parts if you could not use them. RETURN THE PARTS! :2gunfire:

I've had this happen a few times, he has the part, I need it, it must be for FREE Twisted Evil
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear about you guys getting a club started up!

Remember a VW Club is a place for all VW Enthusiasts and that you have someone to turn to if you need help with something. You all have the common interest of Volkswagen's and shouldn't be limited to one specific model or type, you should invite any and all VW Models. Goal is to have fun with your VW and friends, no matter where you are!
Keep it simple and have a good time!
Make up some small flyers about the club and have everyone pass out as they go around their area to other air or watercooled VWs they see.
RESPECT each other in their particular interest in VW. Not everyone wants their VW Slammed to the ground, just the same not everyone wants their VW Stock.

Good Luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MODIFIER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

southeastvw wrote:

Remember a VW Club is a place for all VW Enthusiasts and that you have someone to turn to if you need help with something. You all have the common interest of Volkswagen's and shouldn't be limited to one specific model or type, you should invite any and all VW Models. Goal is to have fun with your VW and friends, no matter where you are!
Make up some small flyers about the club and have everyone pass out as they go around their area to other air or watercooled VWs they see.
RESPECT each other in their particular interest in VW. Not everyone wants their VW Slammed to the ground, just the same not everyone wants their VW Stock.
THIS is what I was hoping to base it on.

Good Luck!

62 Beetle
63 Vert
64 Beetle
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODIFIER wrote:
southeastvw wrote:

THIS is what I was hoping to base it on.

Good Luck!

Although I do know there are clubs for specific models out there, and their isn't anything wrong with them either! They just want to be different and that would be a whole other story! LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lowmitsu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see you guys starting your own after the black eye the other "club " caused...There are vws down here in the Charleston area..No coincidence no one wanted to associate the old whats his name.He trashes anyone that doesnt have an ealy 60s or older vw..I like lots of vws & I am as happy to see a nice one regardless of how new or old it may be.Last I heard his car(s) were simply cut up & probably totally gone.
MAYHEM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Carolina Aircooled, possible new club in area? Reply with quote

MODIFIER wrote:
What do you guys think?

Way to step up Steve Cool
Lets make this happen.
Greg

johnnypan wrote:
I digitize myself in the privacy of my own home.
MODIFIER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been in contact with the guy who designed the DSS logo,and it looks great!
I will not post it until it is rightfully ours.
The name can be changed to whatever we wish,you guys have any ideas?
I think this guy that designed it deserves his money and I have $100.00 to start a pool to pay for the graphic design work.
anyone want to commit to this thing and pony up something to help.
We need a good base of solid VW people to get this off the ground.
If you guys that want to join the club would PM me with a name and phone#,
I will compile a member list for us to work off of,that way we can all have contact info for each other as some members wont be Sambanistas (at first anyway)
after we establish a base group we will need to come up with money for shwag ( just basic decals or Tshirts depending on what we can raise.)
anything after that will be decided as a group.
We also need to network ourselves with other clubs and orginizations such as southeastvw and others.
also you guys post on here as you decide to join to show how strong we may be.
I have some experience with fundraisers and such and I would love to get us involved with some charity work as well.
you guys OK with that?

62 Beetle
63 Vert
64 Beetle
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODIFIER wrote:
I have been in contact with the guy who designed the DSS logo,and it looks great!
I will not post it until it is rightfully ours.
The name can be changed to whatever we wish,you guys have any ideas?
I think this guy that designed it deserves his money and I have $100.00 to start a pool to pay for the graphic design work.
anyone want to commit to this thing and pony up something to help.
We need a good base of solid VW people to get this off the ground.
If you guys that want to join the club would PM me with a name and phone#,
I will compile a member list for us to work off of,that way we can all have contact info for each other as some members wont be Sambanistas (at first anyway)
after we establish a base group we will need to come up with money for shwag ( just basic decals or Tshirts depending on what we can raise.)
anything after that will be decided as a group.
We also need to network ourselves with other clubs and orginizations such as southeastvw and others.
also you guys post on here as you decide to join to show how strong we may be.
I have some experience with fundraisers and such and I would love to get us involved with some charity work as well.
you guys OK with that?

Hey Steve,
Man you are getting on the ball. I will help out any way that I can just tell me what you need. I haven't seen the logo but I will take your word for it and I will match your $100. I know that there are some good people in our area that can make up a strong base for a club. I really like the fundraiser/charity work also.

Joey

MODIFIER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The design work is $175.00
We have $200 between me and Joey,that leaves $25.00 to start on the decal/Tshirt fund.
Way to step up yourself my friend!
We need to come up with a name still to fill the rondel of the design.
post up some ideas guys.

62 Beetle
63 Vert
64 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 359

Jump to: