Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 440, 441, 442 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

You mean that prolapse rear end?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

MonT3 wrote:
Not a whine, BUTT just wondering if anyone has ever seen a Squareback with a <insert your 'WTF is that?' comment here>? Well, you figure it out...
http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/cto/5893595046.html

Dope exhaust, I look forward to burning my leg on it
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
MonT3 wrote:
Not a whine, BUTT just wondering if anyone has ever seen a Squareback with a <insert your 'WTF is that?' comment here>? Well, you figure it out...

I like the "Low back " seats which now provide a nice kangaroo pouch to keep a snack in, just in case Razz
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nogoodwithusernames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EasternNotch wrote:
EverettB wrote:
MonT3 wrote:

I like the "Low back " seats which now provide a nice kangaroo pouch to keep a snack in, just in case Razz

Not to mention the nice aftermarket "hardwood" floors Shocked Wonder how many holes are in the pan underneath that?

-Derek
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
MonT3 wrote:

I see it, and think of Sheriff Bart's line, "Excuuuuse me while I whip this out."

Also, I don't see any caps on the fan shroud outlets.
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EasternNotch wrote:

Isn't that the brown bentley in the driver's headrest?

Looks like the seller attempted to learn about T3s via exosmosis.

But the car does look worth rescue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

this guy is a real piece of work

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2002670

apparently he hasn't seen David Ho's
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'd still take a Pedro T34 any day...
JonL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

So true. It's super clean, thats very true, I've seen it, with nice components, but 85k? Markets not that big for that car, but he can ask, just won't get it imo. He does seem a little arrogant about the car.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

JonL wrote:
Erik G wrote:

So true. It's super clean, thats very true, I've seen it, with nice components, but 85k? Markets not that big for that car, but he can ask, just won't get it imo. He does seem a little arrogant about the car.

I must be an out of touch a-hole. The only names I knew were Buddy Hale and Pedro oh and Erik G Wink Laughing

That stuff just does not float my skirt. 85k? Im glad im invested at this point of the game. Rolling Eyes

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chizucc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

85K for the best built T34 ever? Sounds like a steal.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

chizucc wrote:
85K for the best T34 ever? Sounds like a steal.

Ever!

Classic Cool

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Good to know I'm not the only dipstick who's tried to pull the engine, but forgotten to remove the dipstick d'oh! Embarassed

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=641201

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

trythis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

BSQUARE wrote:
Good to know I'm not the only dipstick who's tried to pull the engine, but forgotten to remove the dipstick d'oh! Embarassed

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=641201

My only error when removing mine. Embarassed
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Oh come on type 3 boys! The ad is ment to be funny. You guys need to get out more. Too serious. I'm not that arrogant and yes I've seen David Ho. He actually called me and I referred him to buddy so don't get so uptight. I've tried to talk to you guys. But you type 3 click are too stock nazi for me most of you guys judge everyone's car as if their goal is the same as yours. The beauty of these cars is they should be built to anyone's taste. Not yours. Value is subject to what someone is willing to pay and also what it cost to build. But hey well see what happens. The guys that know me know I'm a ball buster and like to have fun. So don't take yourself so serious and let people enjoy the hobby. Besides pawn stars says I'm a car expert so it must be true! (Another joke)

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bill T234 wrote:
Oh come on type 3 boys! The ad is ment to be funny. You guys need to get out more. Too serious. I'm not that arrogant and yes I've seen David Ho. He actually called me and I referred him to buddy so don't get so uptight. I've tried to talk to you guys. But you type 3 click are too stock nazi for me most of you guys judge everyone's car as if their goal is the same as yours. The beauty of these cars is they should be built to anyone's taste. Not yours. Value is subject to what someone is willing to pay and also what it cost to build. But hey well see what happens. The guys that know me know I'm a ball buster and like to have fun. So don't take yourself so serious and let people enjoy the hobby. Besides pawn stars says I'm a car expert so it must be true! (Another joke)

I read the ad and laughed at the text, it sounds exactly like your voice and personality in real life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Well, looks like the Prophet Everett as spoken! Ev-dog, Ill see you at Kelly park if you'll be there this year! Wink

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Although I think this is a car worthy of being restored, it's still about $2k too high. I get that it's a super early car with a few unique parts but it would take at least $15k and a few years to collect parts and properly restore such an early car. Not rare based on its current condition in my opinion.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2003935
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
Although I think this is a car worthy of being restored, it's still about $2k too high. I get that it's a super early car with a few unique parts but it would take at least $15k and a few years to collect parts and properly restore such an early car. Not rare based on its current condition in my opinion.

Neat that it's so early. I agree it would take a ton of cash and parts to do this one.

I'm not sure what this text means, maybe he doesn't know the engine # is on the top center?
Quote:
the motor has the numbers on the bottom of the oil pan

BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
ibjack wrote:

Neat that it's so early. I agree it would take a ton of cash and parts to do this one.

I'm not sure what this text means, maybe he doesn't know the engine # is on the top center?
Quote:
the motor has the numbers on the bottom of the oil pan

Likely the engine case part #.
I agree, the asking price seems a bit ambitious. But, at the same time, it is a very early car...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 440, 441, 442 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Page 441 of 535

Jump to: