Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Beetle this week?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
caloldschool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed new bowden tube from WW and adjusted free play on clutch pedal. Cleaned up some electrical a PO had improperly wired on fuse panel. Greased front end, tweaked adjusting nut on steering box for play in steering wheel per manual, installed a new aftermarket shifter, 5 min. to install, about a good 45 min. of trial and error adjusting it before getting it right but definitely worth the effort. Drove it to get a haircut. Smiled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cyclehobby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil change, new Scat ss valve covers installed, new Scat pushrod tubes installed, greased front beam, test drove... All good to go for the Spring!! Soon, new front disc brake install. Can't wait!!!
krlang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled it out of the Garage, towed it to my house, and washed it. It hasnt left that driveway in 5 years. Its been 3 since my last login. Sad
Then I swapped the aluminum wheels back on, cuz the RDW's were getting some rust going. Since its going to be outside here for a while, I will put them in the house.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Then I landed on the water, Just about my favorite thrill....." -JB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Underdog65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traced short in horn fix it. Installed my washer pump and got that to work.pounded out some dents in my inside fender in spare tire well. I think I'm ready to try and pass the dreaded PA inspection.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabbed up a vacuum line out of brake tubing, set the idle, aimed the headlights,Towed it home after the clutch pedal broke near the pin that attaches it to the shaft... tore out the pedal cluster, welded it up and refinished the pedal cluster while it was all out. Got it back in and on the road. Might do the front clip this weekend.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MANNAXMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my 1961 ragtop for a short cruise with my window-lickin' dog in tow.

Link
codycat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked up a antique tag for my 67
Dr. Seuss
Dr OnHolliday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repaired the broken clutch cable. Got it home on 2 strands after adjusting the slack out. Old cable was dry (no grease) and thin diameter (3 mm). Installed the new 3.5 mm cable with lots of grease. Greased the pivot hook, which is half worn thru, so that's a future upgrade. Old cable lasted an unknown period of time, it was in place when I bought the car 2.5 yrs ago. Bought new emergency clutch cable for the trunk, but its another thin diameter POS.

Turned a master cylinder bolt spacer on my Unimat and fixed that situation while the pedal assembly was out. Cleaned up the floor area, which had old clay and dirt cemented on as hard as rock...
1965 Type 1 sunroof Baja / about 70k miles on self-rebuilt '74 1600 and counting / SP heads and aftermarket valve keepers / non-doghouse shroud with external cooler and filter / 1.5 qt extended sump / Weber 32/36 DFAV progressive carb / 009 dist with Pertronix / 1.25 ratio rockers and ball adjusters / 1.5" stainless steel J-pipes and carbon steel baja exhaust
vw64bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Head light restore Reply with quote

/Users/ladder344/Pictures/IMG_7678.JPG
I hit a construction barrel as it was rolling down the BQE a few months back luckily only bending the chrome trim ring and breaking the glass lens. I ended up restoring both head light buckets
Nevada Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put new upper and lower ball joints in my 66. Front end is almost too stiff to drive and won't return to center without a lot of help.

Plan on pulling off the shocks and bouncing on the front end to see if I can't loosen them up a little.
99% Resto-Custom Daily Driver
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got tired of my beetle leaking from the rear window and also realized the paint was pretty dull, even though it is cracked and missing in some spots figured polishing it couldn't hurt.
Here is a before picture posing with my kids little beetle.

I was blown away by the 3 hours of polishing looks like a different car. I even took the roof rack of to get to the roof. That hasn't been taken off since I got the car so 7 years or so.

Then went to my dads to use his shop since its been raining constantly here the last few weeks to tackle the rear window seal. Pulled all the old insulation out since it was soggy and smelly and installed this kit from WW. Not bad looks good and works but not like some of the more modern types of sound deadening out there.

While I was putting the new window seal in took note of how solid this car really is. I replaced the front seal few years back and it was just as solid as the rear is. No rust in the heater channels og floor pans, I don't think I will ever part with this car.

Romans 6:13
WTB 67 beetle rear seat belts.
59 Euro ragtop build with my dad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391061
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a spring tune up: points, plugs, timing, oil change, brakes. Washed it, clayed the paint, polished and waxed it, cleaned and polished the chrome.

Took it for a ride. Forgot to connect #2 spark plug wire. Drove it for 15 minutes before realizing it. Engine was already hot. Fortunately looks like no damage done.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Cal66style
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the body to do a complete restoration. Body and paint started, removed old pans, removed everything from chassis, purchased 6" old speed narrowed beam, purchased new pro street trams from Benco, purchased BRM wheels, purchased F/R disc brakes, custom interior being started while under construction, purchased front and rear Safari windows and more! Will post photos soon.
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did an engine reseal, re-torque.

Installed a Thing sump skid plate I've had laying around for quite a while...

Antelope Valley's Mobile Air-Cooled Guru

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
Buscowboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: 1961 Swedish Import Reply with quote

Finished up the one owner barn find and took it for its inspection. Passed with flyin colours Very Happy

1970 FI Auto Squareback
1999 T4 Transporter 2.5 TDI Reimo

http://www.youtube.com/@BuscowboyClassics

https://www.instagram.com/buscowboy/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dr OnHolliday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disassembled my pedal assembly and cleaned out the dry gummy grease and dirt. Regreased and installed new clutch shaft/hook. First, I carefully filed and polished the roughness off the new hook.

Wow - what a difference.... the pedal action is silky smooth now.
1965 Type 1 sunroof Baja / about 70k miles on self-rebuilt '74 1600 and counting / SP heads and aftermarket valve keepers / non-doghouse shroud with external cooler and filter / 1.5 qt extended sump / Weber 32/36 DFAV progressive carb / 009 dist with Pertronix / 1.25 ratio rockers and ball adjusters / 1.5" stainless steel J-pipes and carbon steel baja exhaust
Underdog65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put new led mini turn singles on front fenders, Then put my wheels and tires on . Then installed big foot pedal set that was a pain but got it done New lower front end goes in in the morning here a before pick and I will post and after tomorrow .

Last edited by Underdog65 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed inspection yesterday, took it to the cva dust off today. almost 280 miles round trip.
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
Underdog65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent the afternoon cleaning and refurbishing and extra speedometer I have to put in my bug

Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed t he oil. Put new plugs n wires on. POR-15 my tank.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Page 244 of 317

Jump to: