Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Funky Green Panels for Beetles?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
54ovsemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson wrote:
ok, let's get going here.. Very Happy Very Happy you can expect delivery 2 weeks from now (just kidding)... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .......we are on it, I need to get a hold of some of these early parts to use as patterns....

2 weeks is fine...... Very Happy ....I am ready to order parts. Keep me posted.....

54ovsemi.......
engineerscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad that someone that obviously cares about the cars and the hobby and who has a proven track record of making a quality product has finally taken an interested in fixing this problem that has existed for so long.

Just don't forget about us 60's model year Type 1's. Our cars haven't appreciated as much in value (yet) but there are more of them and I think a fair percentage of owners who would be willing to pay more for a quality product.

I look forward to buying some Funky Green heater channels and fenders for my cars one day. The sooner the better.

Good luck and keep us informed.
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on it...it will take a bit, I have to get a hold of some nice parts to use as patterns....any of you out there want to contribute to the cause????...I will buy parts outright, or pay for loaners, I will pay with cash, or repro parts, and return the originals back to you......this is how I did it with the bus guys, and right now we offer over 300 different parts for buses, from 1950 to 1967, all models, and we build them from scratch/zero.....all this in less than 2 years Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
J.D.W.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson wrote:
I am on it...it will take a bit, I have to get a hold of some nice parts to use as patterns....any of you out there want to contribute to the cause????...I will buy parts outright, or pay for loaners, I will pay with cash, or repro parts, and return the originals back to you......this is how I did it with the bus guys, and right now we offer over 300 different parts for buses, from 1950 to 1967, all models, and we build them from scratch/zero.....all this in less than 2 years Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Please please make some heater channels !!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards

J
David
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson wrote:
I think we will start with the pre 55 floor pans and
early heater tubes.....what do you guys think?????

I think 'Yes!'
When they're available I will def buy pans Smile

*October '54 Ragtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
engineerscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson wrote:

If I come across any parts good enough to use as patterns I will pass them along. Of course, if I had run across such good condition parts they'd be on my car right now.

On the heater channels, probably the best bet would to be to pull some out of a clean roll over, preferably something out of AZ or NM that is really sanitary. The most ideal would be to come across some OG NOS replacement channels, but I wonder if such things even exist anymore.
Bravo 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing in my support/interest for early 60s panels. It'd be nice to replace my pans with accurate replicas when the time comes to restore her.

I'll keep an eye out for part in good enough shape to be loned to you, as well.
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
'68 Dropgate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson,
In November of 2007, I sent you a sidegate and tailgate off my '68 doublecab - responding to your request here on the Samba site. I wanted to help you out with your project of reproducing these gates, so I let you borrow them and even paid for the shipping costs to get them in your hands! I've emailed you three times asking how the project is going and you have not answered back - heck, I not even sure you received the gates. Just a email saying 'thanks, got the gates and we're working on project' would make my day. Thanks! (sorry to jump into this thread, but needed some help to resolve this matter)
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

68 Dropgate, I am sorry I did not get back with you......, I buy alot of parts from people, I borrow alot of parts from people, I rent alot of parts from people, sometimes there is so much stuff coming in, that Imight forget where they came from....if I this is the case with you, I am very sorry, I apologize....I did get the gates, they did come in very handy, if you wish, I will gladly pay for the shipping, and the cost of the gates.....you let me know, again, I apologize for "dropping the ball" sort of speak.....

50&60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any update on whether/when these early bug heater channels will be available ? i`m needing a pair right now and i`d hate to buy crappy repros if some quality repros to become available in the near future
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will be avilable in the near future.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

50&60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet Very Happy give us a clue as to how soon , and put me on the list for a pair Wink
vwmadeinireland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in for a set of pre-1955 floor halfs. There are rumours that every so often NOS floor pans (complete) come up for sale in Europe. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
engineerscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news Gerson, what years will these heater channels fit?
J.D.W.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson please make some soon as you can see from this thread there is lots of people out there who need them.

I need them for RHD 54

Kindest regards

Jamie Very Happy
campacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ahve a websight that has these parts listed that you are currently selling so that they can be ordered over the net and we can stay posted as to the ones your working on and ones that you have completed the dies and started fab on.
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still working on my new website, I have hired 3 "experts" to work on it so far, all they have done so far is steal my money.....

scoundrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floor pans / heater channels / Hoods / decklids / fenders (german quality). You would be a god send! Beetles need love too. Build it and they will come...
J.D.W.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson any news on the channels ?

I'm sure you would be set for life if you can make accurate channels

Because nobody does them !

Kindest Regards

J
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: