Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What are these? I was told Jackman Tacoma's?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemifalcon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: What are these? I was told Jackman Tacoma's? Reply with quote

I liberated these from a friend of mine(who built my engine on the cheap)--so I thought I'd do him a favor. He sold his nice '65 Sedan to finish up his turbo'd Manx project--and he's been saving these wheels. He planned on putting these on there--but I couldn't let him injustice his final project with some shoddy looking wheels. What are they? The pictures show my polishing efforts. Lots of steel wool working from 0 > 0000 on the tireless rim, and a buffing wheel with clay bars on the rim with the tire. About the same luster. They have been sitting for over 20 years--they were pitted all over and just uncared for. I'm assuming they were never polished in the first place--uhgg.. Anyway, they are super cool/lightweight, welded two piece rims. The back ones are wider for his buggy-they are gonna be a bigger pain to polish. Anyway, just looking for some info! No markings anywhere to identify them-

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hemifalcon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not that i'm any hurry or anything.. But does anyone maybe know what these are?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kuncle
I am Kyle Deese

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always like those wheels.. there pretty fuckin sweet
hemifalcon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they are cool.. And they are lighter than my Centerlines I think!! Too bad my friend left them in the corner of his garage for the past 20+ years--the pitting from corrosion makes the polish look only half as good as they really could. I did the best I could with them..
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look old Weld Wheels to me.
hemifalcon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan, I was thinking the same thing-- but I looked on the www.runtrod website, and the weld design like this are 'flat' where the holes are.. These have a 'domed' shape around the two holes between stud holes.. Kinda different.
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they made more than one style but I`m not positive on that.
arod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:
They look old Weld Wheels to me.

x2, i think that is the 'street' version
hemifalcon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Oh well.. They are gonna look good on my friends old Manx either way.. Hell, he's been hanging on to them for almost 20 years--they better get used!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: