Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rim widths and tire sizes
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fwy Flyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: rim widths and tire sizes Reply with quote

I know, use the sesarch; I did.

60 ragtop beetle.
1966 pan, plan on converting to IRS.
Installing Creative Car Craft 2 inch wider front and 3 inch wider in back; unless the tire/wheel combo will go under the narrower ones.
Adjustable front beam w/2.5 drop spindles on disc brakes.
Disc brakes on the rear. lowered 1 or 2 notches to make level w/front of car.

Need recommendations on tire size for the following

7" Fuchs on front
8" Fuchs on rear

already have the rims but preparing to purchase the fenders and need to know whether the tires will fill out the extra 3 inches in the rear or not .

OR do in need to purchase the narrower 1.25 inch rear fenders so the install won't look goofy.

thanks for the info
Maimas13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

well I have 7 inch cookie cutters under my stock fender (195/60r15 tires) and they fit very snug, 1/4 gap between fender and tire (lowered 2 notches)

so dependly on the offset the 8s likely stick out 1/2 inch more and then probly a lil beefier tire cant be much more than 1 or 1 1/4 inch wider. so I would think the 1.5 inch wider fenders should do... but then again im not sure what the offset of the 8 inch fuchs are

(.o\ ! /o.) 62 chopped, dropped, cal looked, oval grafted, 57 styled, ragtop with polk audio sound system, driven daily by an 18 year old

A must read for understanding tires sizes and wheel offsets
Go Bears!!! Mech E
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: