Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How does your Partner feel about your VW?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovalshark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: wife n car Reply with quote

I think my only rides in it to humor me, NEVER brings it up. She does bring up driving the 55 chevy. Laughing
L378
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much what Brett & ovalshark said. Wife will go for a short ride every once in a while. Doesn't really ask, always asks why I don't use the lap belt and I just kind of roll my eyes as she grabs on the door anytime I round a curve. Once in a while I will bribe her with the offer to take her for ice cream if she'll go for a ride. She's just not comfortable riding in it, but I think she is glad I have it and that it makes me happy.
Mistersellars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistersellars wrote:
I didn't have the beetle when I met my girlfriend. The first one I bought was a "Project" and it ended up being a nightmare. Through a long series of events I got rid of it and got my current 66. She loves the car as much as I do which is great since I've wanted one for the past 20 years (I'm only 27). This will be the first full summer with it and we already have shows planned and where we'll be going every weekend. I got her the engagement ring and I will be asking her in that car this spring. She already told me when we get married we don't need a limo just the bug Very Happy

I started reading this thread and came across my own post I had forgotten about. Three years later she is my wife now and she still loves the bug. Sadly I lost my job shortly after that post so I asked her later than I wanted. I was laid off for 15 months and about halfway through I started getting worried about money and our future. She brought up the bug and let me know that she would never make me or let me sell our bug. It was a relief and things turned out for the best *knock on wood* This thread seems to be full of women like my wife and men like me who truly appreciate how rare those women are.
HeidiHo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she isn't my wife yet, but she feels about like this:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

66buggie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeidiHo wrote:

she is a KEEPER..
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife is now outnumbered...my 6 yearold LOVES the daddybus (as he named it). He used to ride in back, now he loves to ride up front. He hangs his arm out the window to "work on his trucker's tan." My wife only rides in the back. She only rides in the bus to humor me. She said that she's willing to campout in the bus for our anniversary (20th). We'll see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Endicott jb
Bondo King

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wife anymore but the girlfriend doesn't mind the obsession. I think that since she knows it makes me happy, she's willing to let me do what I want with them.

OORAH!!
1965 vw beetle(Mayble)
1968 vw beetle(Caroline)
1974 VW Panel Bus
2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins(Katey)

.|_____|.
(0\_!_/0)
.||......||.

Don't drink and post
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg353/endicott_jb/IMG_20110113_085237.jpg
When life throws you curveballs switch to boomerangs.
Luis ''Diablo'' Gutierrez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is a huge support and cheers me with my bugoholic addictions but i got 1 to many projects so i have to find a new home for this boy this week Crying or Very sad
and im hurt

69' bugs
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

66buggie wrote:
HeidiHo wrote:
she is a KEEPER..

Yep, your golddigger filter worked !!! Chalk up another success for VW !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
RatCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hates it. Progress is soooo slooooow working on it because if I spend a couple of hours on it she has a tantrum about me always spending time on it and that I love it more than her. I don't know how to deal with people having an emotion so I walk off. Seems to work better than my experimental forays into consolation.
She threatens to burn it or destroy it as some kind of leverage and for shits and giggles hit it in the driveway with her car. Didn't bother me much because roo bar vs. japanese steel there is no comparison. I damaged her car worse a few weeks earlier when i accidentally started my bay in gear while I wasn't in it, it knocked down the driveway gate and drove up the front of the Mitsubishi using it as a ramp Laughing Damn near crushed me as I lunged into the door to kill the ignition. The gatepost would have closed the door on me if it went another 1'.
Kicker is even though I told her what happened straight after, she still had no idea it had happened. Great listening and observation skills.
xiann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plus-one loves the bug, but generally fears for my safety and wellbeing. And sanity I guess.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The '59, that I had when I met her was part of our wedding.
The '79 was her idea ( I swear) as we needed something larger to take the 2 boys and drums for fife and drum corps action and neither one of us wanted a minivan.
"Have I ever denied you needing car parts" is a comment used when I raise issues about her spending on her or our kids hobbies.

Work on either? No. Feed me while I'm working on them? Oh yeah.

Its all been good, although she says I cannot have another 'vacation car' till the rusty MB 300CD goes away. So I've been helping my son getting a Volvo 144s as his next project...
Ace Radio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been blessed with a supportive wife. She encouraged me to buy two different projects and was understanding of both multi day trips to bring them home. I've tried to stick to the "one project at a time" rule as a peacekeeping measure. My wife attends the local show with me each year but has little interest in VWs. She's a keeper.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwlovr73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the wife. Wink I feel pretty good about my VW.

Husband prefers an air conditioned car where the springs don't poke you in the ass and the inside doesn't smell like 50 year old decaying horsehair... but he humors me and supports me, so I'll keep him (and the Bug)..

Red River VW Club- http://www.redrivervwclub.com
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dated my wife back in 1981 with my car.

Now she loves it because it keeps me out of her hair.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
David Househead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I met her, she drove an older automatic Cavalier RS, it was slow as hell & died all the time. She said she wanted to buy a Tiburon or a Jimmy. I said no. You're buying a VW.
Taught her how to drive a standard, and she picked out a Black 98 Jetta K2. I lowered it, chipped it, etc
She now has an 04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T 5 spd. Lowered, exhaust, wheels, etc.
And... She bought me my 65 beetle, helped to restore it, bought herself a 75 Westfalia. I lowered it. She also bought a project 64 Notch TS.
She loves Volkswagens.
I love her. Very Happy

sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Househead wrote:
When I met her, she drove an older automatic Cavalier RS, it was slow as hell & died all the time. She said she wanted to buy a Tiburon or a Jimmy. I said no. You're buying a VW.
Taught her how to drive a standard, and she picked out a Black 98 Jetta K2. I lowered it, chipped it, etc
She now has an 04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T 5 spd. Lowered, exhaust, wheels, etc.
And... She bought me my 65 beetle, helped to restore it, bought herself a 75 Westfalia. I lowered it. She also bought a project 64 Notch TS.
She loves Volkswagens.
I love her. :D

Very cool!

My wife can't wait until I get my bug out of our carport so we can park the second "running" car (my 2002 Chevy pickup) under some cover because we get these crazy hail storms around this time of the year, yet she wants to tell me what color I need to paint it so she'll look "cute" when she's in it! Rest assured when it's not in pieces anymore and has a decent paint job, she's gonna call it "her" car!!
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
marklaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife loves the jersey looker and keeps bugging me to finish her '69 bug. She is less fond of the non-running westy and the non-running '65 bug. She never complains about scrapping snow off her subaru's windshield. When my temper flares and I threaten to unload these stupid things on craigslist, she's the first to call my bluff...

'65 rear left beetle fender

15" Bus Wheels in fair condition

Mark Laken
Fort Collins, CO
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wife hates them. At first it was because I spent alot of time working on it. The old, "you spend more time with the car then with me". Nowadays it's " dont you have anything in the garage to do?" The answer is always yes.
She has never ridden in either of my cars and I will never let her. It just gives her a reason to bitch about it.

There's some love , huh?

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6T5 square wrote:
She has never ridden in either of my cars and I will never let her. It just gives her a reason to bitch about it.

There's some love , huh?

Dude, that's freaking HILARIOUS!!! Laughing
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: