Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW's at THE Sacramento DRIVE INN!
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: VW's at THE Sacramento DRIVE INN! Reply with quote

Wassup to all VW Brotha'z & Sista'z!Just an FYI-The Drive Inn here in sac town off Bradshaw & 50-is closing after this Summer! Sad My Wife,Son & I have been going to the Drive Inn for a few years now!We've takin our Bus a couple of times there.But never have I see a whole lot of Vdubz.It would be so cool If at all possible we could get some Vdubz together after the NAG & Nor Cal Transporters!Just an Idea?My Wife and son will be there the Saturday of AUGUST 9th.Hope to see you there! Smile O-yeah not sure what will be playing that night but I'm sure they'll be something!

Here's what it could look like sorta!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
buggdude67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad to see the last Drive In leaving Sac. I have gone to Sunrise Drive In, 49er Drive In and Sac 6 Drive In before and miss the other two. Both are gone. Sunrise was turned into new housing.
I am down for a Sat night cruise to Sac 6 Drive In if it gets set up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggdude67 wrote:
It is sad to see the last Drive In leaving Sac. I have gone to Sunrise Drive In, 49er Drive In and Sac 6 Drive In before and miss the other two. Both are gone. Sunrise was turned into new housing.
I am down for a Sat night cruise to Sac 6 Drive In if it gets set up.

Thats Awesome! Cool I'm hoping people will see that the Drive Inn is still fun! As run down as it may be.Its because the first drive in was built I think in the early 1930's?-Just like our old Vdubz its still cool to see some of the old school classic history around. When I was young my family took me to the Drive Inn all the time!I was liv'n in the Bay Area though,and it was the Union City Drive Inn!Sometimes we'd even go to the Concord Drive Inn too. I think the first movie I saw at the drive Inn I was about 2 years old.My mom said It was "Enter The Dragon"-a Bruce Lee flick!Soooo Cool!!! Cool Exclamation Its Funny I remember it too!! Laughing Cool
walt3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: VW's at THE Sacramento DRIVE INN! Reply with quote

brown drty flip wrote:
Wassup to all VW Brotha'z & Sista'z!Just an FYI-The Drive Inn here in sac town off Bradshaw & 50-is closing after this Summer! Sad My Wife,Son & I have been going to the Drive Inn for a few years now!We've takin our Bus a couple of times there.But never have I see a whole lot of Vdubz.It would be so cool If at all possible we could get some Vdubz together after the NAG & Nor Cal Transporters!Just an Idea?My Wife and son will be there the Saturday of AUGUST 9th.Hope to see you there! Smile O-yeah not sure what will be playing that night but I'm sure they'll be something!

count us in sounds like a blast vws at the drive in
buggdude67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son just recently went to this drive in and he said it was packed. If we are going to do this, we should all be at the front gate when the gates open up. The main box office opens at 7pm. The cost is general 6.75 per person.
Address for the drive in is 1616 Oates Dr, Sac, Ca. 95827 and phone number for info is
(916) 363-6572
See you there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggdude67 wrote:
My son just recently went to this drive in and he said it was packed. If we are going to do this, we should all be at the front gate when the gates open up. The main box office opens at 7pm. The cost is general 6.75 per person.
Address for the drive in is 1616 Oates Dr, Sac, Ca. 95827 and phone number for info is
(916) 363-6572
See you there.

Thanks brotha for the INFO!That was Cool! Cool Exclamation
Yeah u said it bro-We need to get there at the time the gates open!Lets see if we can Bombard them with VDUBZ!! O-yeah I was just gonna get to all that stuff address,# ect...But man your on top of it- thats awesome!!!!! Smile
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's at THE Sacramento DRIVE INN! Reply with quote

walt3 wrote:
brown drty flip wrote:

count us in sounds like a blast vws at the drive in

SWEET BRO!!! Yeah U beta B there Homie!!! Cool Smile
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggdude67 wrote:
(916) 363-6572
See you there.

LETS ALL GET OUR VDUBZ TOGETHER!AND GO TO THE MOVIES!!!
SATURDAY NIGHT, AUG-9TH,2008
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea I'M STILL TRYING TO REACH OUT TO ALL VOLKSWAGENEERS!HOPE 2 SEE SOME OF U OUT AT THE DRIVE INN.
AUGUST 9TH SAT!! Smile
walt3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i talked to joe he will be there ... rolling the bus out
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walt3 wrote:
i talked to joe he will be there ... rolling the bus out

Cool COOL BRO! Exclamation
The More VDubZ the Merry-Er!!I Emailed everyone about it.It will be nice 2 see some VWs & MOVIES!
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Box office opens at 7pm. The cost is general 6.75 per person.
(916) 363-6572

This Sat -August 9th.I hope 2 see some Vdubz out and about.Hopefully and maybe I'll even get to see a few cruz over to the Sac Drive Inn!They'll be a few of us out there-Hope 2 see ya there!
walt3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait till sat night hope all you guys will come out for a great time at the drive in
bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Movie??

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor NEW!
PG-13 • 1 hr. 54 min.
o 8:45

Step Brothers
R • 1 hr. 35 min.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe
PG-13 • 1 hr. 40 min.

The Dark Knight
PG-13 • 2 hr. 32 min.

Mamma Mia!
PG-13 • 1 hr. 48 min.
o 10:55

Space Chimps
G • 1 hr. 21 min.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army
PG-13 • 2 hr. 0 min.
o 11:00

Meet Dave
PG • 1 hr. 30 min.
o 10:30

Hancock
PG-13 • 1 hr. 32 min.
o 10:50

WALL-E
G • 1 hr. 37 min.

Get Smart
PG-13 • 1 hr. 50 min.
o 11:40

You Don't Mess With the Zohan
PG-13 • 1 hr. 53 min.
o 10:45

SurfCityRacing wrote:
What's my muthafukinname? Bad Doggy Doo-ooo-oog!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buggdude67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured we would just make a decision at the gate. Thanks Greg for posting the list.

First choice-Hancock
Second choice-Step Brothers

I'm not going for the movie, I'm going for the, hangin out with the VW people.
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool you checked out what 'MOVIES' that are going to be playing! Smile Exclamation

Me My Wife & Son,were down to see anything!Will be there!And as for the rest of the group of friends I'll ask them what they'd like 2 see.We've seen 'HANCOCK' already but that movie was so COOL!WE"d see it again no problem! Cool As for the Will Ferrill Movie 'Step Bro'z'.We'd see that too! Very Happy Can't wait to see some Vdubz!!!!

O-thanks again 4 helpin out with dem Movie Times! Cool
Flat4Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool you guys are going to the Drive-in!

I was there last Saturday night visiting Sac from Redding. I try to take my kids to the drive in at least once a summer just so they can say they've been to one...b 4 they're all gone.

I was raised in the Sacramento area and too have been to the Sac 6, 49'er, Starlight, Hightlander, and the Sunrise Drive in. I started going to the Sac 6 in '76! It had only been open for about 3 years at that time...

It's really in run down shape, but it's sad to see it go.

Wish I could go and hang out with you guys! Cool

Have fun! Let us know how many showed.

Regards,
Tom

MEANIRISHMOFO wrote:
The whole Patina thing has gone way too far. A beat up piece of shit does not have patina. It's a beat up piece of shit. That car is a good base for a restoration, Not a coat of wax.
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah- everybody keeps saying that the DRIVE INN is run down & hella GHETTO!And yeah it sorta is. Sad But My Family & I keep going.Growing up I use to go with my family when I was a kid 30yrs ago.This was in the Bay Area,and now there all gone out there. Now that I moved to Sac,I found it fun to go again.Even if the bathrooms look like you've just walked inside a DUMPSTER! Shocked I don't really care though.My Wife and I love the Movies.And when are Son was a baby,We found it easier to watch a Flick from our car.I guess thats why we still go.And even Cooler I get to take my VDUB! Cool Smile
I hope the Vdubz still get to make it out there Sat night.See ya there!
antiq_youngstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O -yeah so far the Movies 'Step Brothers' or 'Pineapple Express'.Those 2 look really Funny!!! Cool What do u guyz think about these 2.
The other Movie selection of Movies playing Saturday are

Dark Knight
Wall-E
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- (HuH NO)!
buggdude67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown drty flip wrote:
O -yeah so far the Movies 'Step Brothers' or 'Pineapple Express'.Those 2 look really Funny!!! Cool What do u guyz think about these 2.
The other Movie selection of Movies playing Saturday are

Dark Knight
Wall-E
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- (HuH NO)!

Years ago our VW club here in Sac (NCVU) used to go to the drive ins all the time. We would park our cars in a U shape, one car on the far left, one car on the far right and some parked at the back to create an open area to chill in so as not to be bothered by any other movie goers and just have fun. Not sure if this will be possible on Sat, but it would be cool if we can. Most would pull the seat out of their Bugs and just sit on it for the entire movie. I am looking forward to this and many more if we can get it together.
See you at K-Mart parking lot on Sunrise at 6pm for the NAG meet.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: