Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

super beetle carbon fiber parts
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volks71beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: super beetle carbon fiber parts Reply with quote

does anyone know where i can get carbon fiber hoods & deck lids for a 71super beetle? i realy want to get that german look. & keep hearing about this carbon dan but hes no where to be found.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
86svo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mean carbon joe,try him on germanlook.com

Tim
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a while back in I think it was VW Trends that had an article about carbon fiber hoods/decklids/doors. I have the issue somewhere. Also I had alot of sites saved in my favorites on my old computer all overseas though. You can find alot of info by searching or asking on the germanlook.com forums. I have heard that Creative Car Craft is working on alot of new carbon parts. Also I found this picture from randarwheels
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Not sure if he is going into carbon parts or not. Maybe he can make some Super hoods.

F I S H E R W E R K E
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
erusmenac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i know this topic is very old. Very sad. its been almost 4 years and still nobody has jumped in to that carbon business.

NEWS FOR YOU GUYS !
We are going to produce a 73 Bug in Istanbul / Turkey, totally from carbon fiber. I mean TOTALLY ! From fenders to doors, from hood to the floor, from ceiling to the dashboard, from bumper to running boards. EVERY WHERE will be pure carbon.

The car will weight approximately 450kilograms when its finished.
This project will be the first attempt in the whole automotive industry in the world may be.

What does it mean ?
When we finish the car, we will have the PATTERNs of all 73 vw bug parts. You should know that the most expensive and hard thing is to make the pattern for production. If you have the pattern plate, then its easier to produce the product.

We will start selling firstly front spoiler (kamei replica from full pure carbon). I will share the pictures of the product when its finished. And you can see the quality.

After two months I will also share our showcar with you. a car totally made by carbon.

Carbon is a very premium material as you know. So the price could sound a bit high. But think about this : you buy it once ! it will never rust, never burn, never brakes, ultra lightweight. and carismatic look.

If you dont want to use the spoiler with the original carbon look, the price could go down. If you gonna paint it to your own car color, we dont need to polish it and dont need to take care about the pattern look. I mean we dont need to take time for the estetic.

We are from ISTANBUL / TURKEY. And our designs are infront of you http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6396489#6396489 here is my own personal bug. Everything is possible for us.

Thank you very much.
Kind Regards
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Facebook Classifieds Feedback
woodendad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: carbon fiber Reply with quote

The super coupe is different.
Honestly the combined cost of the part and shipping might be more than most ppl would pay. The GL guys would be your main market but unless I've missed something there's no real active forums. Joel might know.
Truth be told Creative Car Craft is a stones throw from here and I can't afford their stuff. That said I will gladly test a set of 2'wider cup style fenders for ya Smile
I hope you succeed and prove me wrong otherwise.
erusmenac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: carbon fiber Reply with quote

woodendad wrote:
The super coupe is different.
Honestly the combined cost of the part and shipping might be more than most ppl would pay. The GL guys would be your main market but unless I've missed something there's no real active forums. Joel might know.
Truth be told Creative Car Craft is a stones throw from here and I can't afford their stuff. That said I will gladly test a set of 2'wider cup style fenders for ya Smile
I hope you succeed and prove me wrong otherwise.

Thank you for your interest. Who are the GL guys ?
Producing these kind of carbon parts may be the same price with your country. Because its a kind of ART. and handwork. And as i hear that these kind of works are really expensive in USA and EUROPE.

If some people come together and order 5 or 10 peaces of same carbon part the price will be very discounted. And people will share the shipping fee.

And i didnt understand, do you need that wide fenders in carbon ? Smile or did i get it wrong ?

I have dived into this business we were making body-kits, spoilers, bumpers for BMW series actually we are still doing those. But with this new carbon car project, as i mentioned we will have all the patterns. Not only my creative car's patterns, we will also have the original 74beetle patterns aswell. Since we have the all patterns, why we would not produce more and sell it to the world ? Every carbon part will reduce the fuel consumption of the car Smile

Think about hood, engine door, and 4 fenders are carbon. So many kilo's you will save Smile even your acceleration will differ.

Any way in 2 or 3 days, i will open a new topic, and start sharing the pictures of the first product. You guys will love it once you see them. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Facebook Classifieds Feedback
woodendad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GL is German look. 1303s with Porsche goodies Smile .
Oh dont get me wrong, I would love to have widened CF fenders. But I can't afford the fiberglass version here. It's just life. Maybe others can. I dunno.
I look forward to seeing your products, like I said I hope you do well.
killasuper73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: carbon fiber Reply with quote

It sounds great! Very Happy i cant wait to see the final product . please post lots of pics. Very Happy
woodendad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've been misunderstood. Creative Car Craft sells fiberglass. You sell carbon fiber. I got that ...
I worked for a Yamaha dealership team in the 90s
I repaired and refinished their race bikes. Carbon fiber is not unbreakable.
Sorry, hate to be Debbie Downer.
I have refinished more Honda/Subi hoods due to deer than I wanted.
If your main clients are BMW owners, great! . Just don't expect to demand those prices from VW guys.
As always best of luck, Woodendad
Sumo337
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a CF engine lid. Anybody know if they are available?
1972super2110
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen carbon decklids here in the classifieds.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10191353#10191353
OldSchoolVW's wrote:
Looks like the work of a younger, more agile jackass to me. Laughing
erusmenac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumo337 wrote:

Engine Lid will be also in stock when the project finished. We will have the mold for 74 engine lid. But i cant say exact price for it. I need to make the mold first so we can measure how much material we need to use to make it..

In TURKEY we have a saying something like that : VW is not a cheap car, its an expensive passion.
I need to find the guys who thinks like that Smile
Sumo337
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erusmenac wrote:
Sumo337 wrote:

Engine Lid will be also in stock when the project finished. We will have the mold for 74 engine lid. But i cant say exact price for it. I need to make the mold first so we can measure how much material we need to use to make it..

In TURKEY we have a saying something like that : VW is not a cheap car, its an expensive passion.
I need to find the guys who thinks like that Smile

We all know it is an expensive passion, whether we can afford that passion is a different story!
Joel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: carbon fiber Reply with quote

woodendad wrote:
TThe GL guys would be your main market but unless I've missed something there's no real active forums. Joel might know.

We tend to hide out here Wink

http://www.germanlook.net
erusmenac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are the some progress for our kamei spoiler carbon fiber replica.

As you can see its not finished yet. Its in progress... I will share with you the latest final product aswell..

erusmenac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello brothers, i was very busy with the molding issues. I know all of you guys thought that project is failed Dont be affraid nothing happened everyting is alright.

We have problem for the model of the Kamei, thats why we delayed. We want it to be perfect. We realized that the model we use for the carbon was not real original. It was the replica of a replica. So we decided to buy the original one to get the mold. which is shown here http://bomex24.com/index.php?page=product&info=708 . We bought it and get the mold of it !

Now we are ready to produce. This model looks more aggressive and sportive. And it is for the 1303 beetles (super beetles). The other one is for 1200 beetles.

If you are a super beetle owner, you dont need to open new holes on your bumper. ! It fits perfectly. Soon i will share new, pictures
95silvia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1424284

Just trying to help you German Look guys out. Love the carbon on a classic! Very Happy
erusmenac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

95silvia wrote:

Just trying to help you German Look guys out. Love the carbon on a classic! Very Happy

Yeah, this classified is about carbon overlay or coating. We do not do overlaying or coating, we just produce it from carbon. If you overlay a fender with carbon it doesnt male sense, because the weight of the car increases. In our products there are no metal.. but this overlaying approach is cheaper ofcourse
Str8bugN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erusmenac do you have any updates on any more of your carbon fiber goodies?
95silvia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erusmenac wrote:
95silvia wrote:

Yeah, this classified is about carbon overlay or coating. We do not do overlaying or coating, we just produce it from carbon. If you overlay a fender with carbon it doesnt male sense, because the weight of the car increases. In our products there are no metal.. but this overlaying approach is cheaper ofcourse

Rolling Eyes Yup, I could mold it and vacuum infuse it as I do with Mercedes parts, but it wouldn't be $59 shipped. What parts are you making? I don't think the weight of a gas door or license plate cover even is worth cost vs weight savings.... just saying. A hood, trunk, or door yes I can see that. How much would you charge me for a 100% carbon license plate cover after you made a mold of both sides, vacuum infused/bagged it with enough carbon to make it strong and resined in the mounting bolts? Not trying to argue as you said it is def cheaper to do a overlay, as not everyone wants to pay $200-$300 for the same part with a 2-3lb weight savings....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: