Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bug Metal Pedal Car
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is my above mentioned cooler hauler doing its thing....
I bought another car this week, it is electric I will get it soon and try to get it moving again. thanks JEFF
oldoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a bare metal body when i picked it up, sorry for the fake patina, i think it looks pretty cool tho. I have a few friends who have had me make there old pedal cars in to wagons, They are happy cause they can use them instead of them just sitting arround. Later JEFF
superman73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, Cool . im looking for some taillights and turn signals for mine, if you have any left off of some parts cars and want to sell, let me know.
thanks.

Jesus Saves

70 deluxe bus
74 ghia 1776 dual carb
67 manx clone

various other parts cars.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228364&highlight=superman73sb+bellsouth
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IowaVdubbers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Cool idea Reply with quote

Razz
cool idea!!!!

That gets me thinking.....I need to find a cool metal cooler that would fit mine.
Razz
VW Logo Yellow 181

oldoval wrote:

Here is my above mentioned cooler hauler doing its thing....
I bought another car this week, it is electric I will get it soon and try to get it moving again. thanks JEFF

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
realbugfanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I snagged these pictures from the builder's album, he was selling them on eBay a fews years ago. I used to have his contact information, but have since lost it. I will keep searching & post it as soon as I come across it.

Edit> Bingo, I found him & he's here on TheSamba:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=kevin4
dlxcoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked this one up on Craigs - hard to pass up a bug!

sixty9fasty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I see these things pop up on c-list in the sf bay area all the time...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buggyblues
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 3 1 red electric 1 red pedal and a yellow pedal made I think by young masters and remember the red ones showing up in stores in mid 90's at christmas time the electric ones were earlier and stopped selling around 96 I remember this as my daughter was born in 97 and they were discountinued when I tried to find one.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlxcoupe wrote:
Picked this one up on Craigs - hard to pass up a bug!

I got the same one, electric, still in the box. Picked it up at a swapmeet a few years ago for $100 One of these days I got to put it together

-jeffrey
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - here's one in the Miami CL.
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/bab/1325121393.html
Quote:
Ride-on pedal red convertible VW car - $35 (Kendall (SW 127 between Miller & Sunset))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-15, 4:52PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great red ride-on red convertible pedal car. Your kids will love it. Very realistic made of fiberglass (the same material adult cars are made of.) Kept indoors. Great condition. Comes w. pretend head lights, turn signals and working horn.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one i built for Some americans that are living in germany, they have a full size herbie and are going to take a few photos next to each other should be cool. Later JEFF
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this one for free. I bought a broken treadmill on CL for $20 and it was in the guys garage. I asked about it and he gave it to me for free.

papa_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These little cars were called Junior Sportsters. A number of years ago, I bought 5 of them from Rocky Mountain Motorworks; 2 yellow and 3 red. We kept one of the yellow Beetles for my VW toy and memorabilia collection and gave the other 4 to my wife's grandkids and my niece. A little over a year ago, my stepdaughter was going to give one of the red Beetles away as her son had outgrown it. I opted to bring it home and just had it in storage in my backyard. Well a little over a week ago, I thought about it, pulled it out, and started cleaning it up. Gave it a good washing, tightened the screws, removed the remants of the left taillight, and polished it up with some car wax. It was looking pretty good but didn't look quite right as the left front headlight was missing. The left taillight and the squeaky horn was missing too. I was searching eBay to see if I could find the missing parts or a junky old pedal car I could salvage parts from. I came across an eBay seller who said he had the replacement trim parts for these Beetles. His name is Rich and his e-mail is [email protected]. He quoted me prices for all the parts but the only piece that was really critical to me was the missing headlight. I ordered the headlight from him. The part was used but in good shape overall and helped finish off this red Beetle. Here are photos of our 2 pedal cars which are displayed for the holidays in our living room.

superman73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have bought 3 and sold 2 of them. the first 2 i bought were in decent shape but needed some missing parts and i came across a 3rd one which is electric and in really nice shape and then i posted ads and sold the other 2, one local and one to guy in Europe. my son has broken the steering wheel off the one i kept and now im needing a replacement.

Jesus Saves

70 deluxe bus
74 ghia 1776 dual carb
67 manx clone

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228364&highlight=superman73sb+bellsouth
superman73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i did see one here local, but havnt asked about it yet.

Jesus Saves

70 deluxe bus
74 ghia 1776 dual carb
67 manx clone

ottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papa_vw wrote:
These little cars were called Junior Sportsters. A number of years ago, I bought 5 of them from Rocky Mountain Motorworks; 2 yellow and 3 red. We kept one of the yellow Beetles for my VW toy and memorabilia collection and gave the other 4 to my wife's grandkids and my niece. A little over a year ago, my stepdaughter was going to give one of the red Beetles away as her son had outgrown it. I opted to bring it home and just had it in storage in my backyard. Well a little over a week ago, I thought about it, pulled it out, and started cleaning it up. Gave it a good washing, tightened the screws, removed the remants of the left taillight, and polished it up with some car wax. It was looking pretty good but didn't look quite right as the left front headlight was missing. The left taillight and the squeaky horn was missing too. I was searching eBay to see if I could find the missing parts or a junky old pedal car I could salvage parts from. I came across an eBay seller who said he had the replacement trim parts for these Beetles.

His name is Rich and his e-mail is [email protected].

Don't buy anything from this guy! I emailed Jim asking for acouple things and I told him no thanks and he keeps emailing me asking what I want and what's my best offer. He is a harassing idiot.

He quoted me prices for all the parts but the only piece that was really critical to me was the missing headlight. I ordered the headlight from him. The part was used but in good shape overall and helped finish off this red Beetle. Here are photos of our 2 pedal cars which are displayed for the holidays in our living room.

debbie a
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I have one it was bought at toyworld 24yrs ago and cost $150.00 dollars the bumper bar it plastic and we are trying to restore good luck
zwartePiets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any extra parts they might want to sell. I picked one up last week and I am in need of a headlight, turn signal and both tail lights.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: VW Peddal Car Tail Light Reply with quote

I'm looking for VW taillights for the pedal car..if you know of any let me know.

[email protected]
5lam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked this one up a few months ago. It was pretty much toast, but I loved the patina on the body so i bought it anyway.

I straightened out the front, then gave it a coat of clear.

Frame was beyond gone, so I made a new one from offcuts I had.

I narrowed the front, cambered the rear, and put on a set of red 'smoothies' with little tyres up front and taller at back.
As most of it was unusable, i just turned into a stroller/showpiece for my son. Still got to make a handle for the back to push it around.

None of the plastic was on it when I got it, so if anyone has lights and bumpers, or knows where I can get them that would be great!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: